Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Statement of Liability 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How long does it usually take to get the money owed transferred to your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

siblers wrote: »
    How long does it usually take to get the money owed transferred to your account?

It's meant to be within 5 days but I'm not sure if that actually happens.

From another thread in this forum, in case anyone didn't see it:

"Anyone who completed their income tax return for 2020, their statement of liability won't be available until around afternoon / evening time.

Preliminary end of year statements will issue throughout the course of the morning."

• Registered Users Posts: 3 acsutt1305

When I try to view mine I get a note that says 'You cannot proceed as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for Income Tax during the year.' Any idea what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭mea_k

Yeah and they have the same bug as last year where is shows "Available" but get this when trying to view it.

Did you end up ringing them then? Or what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

acsutt1305 wrote: »
    When I try to view mine I get a note that says 'You cannot proceed as you (and/or your spouse or civil partner, if applicable) were registered for Income Tax during the year.' Any idea what this means?

It means either yourself or your spouse are registered for self assessment. Do either of you have income from non-PAYE employments, run your own business, or have previously sold shares?

It means either yourself or your spouse are registered for self assessment. Do either of you have income from non-PAYE employments, run your own business, or have previously sold shares?

Yes! Thank you for your answer. So will I not be able to get a statement of liability now?

Yes! Thank you for your answer. So will I not be able to get a statement of liability now?

Statement of Liability is for PAYE only. Reviews for self assessed are completed once Form 11 for 2020 has been submitted.

Statement of Liability is for PAYE only. Reviews for self assessed are completed once Form 11 for 2020 has been submitted.

I'm PAYE but my spouse has self assessment. I guess I will have to wait until they submit this form. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I'm PAYE but my spouse has self assessment. I guess I will have to wait until they submit this form. Thanks.

She has until mid November to do that if she does it through ROS

• Advertisement

WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

WHERE IS MY GOD DAMN MONEY

Its gone sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

From this page on revenue.ie

Important dates for year end 2020

Date|Detail available
    1 January|Employment Detail Summary for 2020 is available to view, download or print from myAccount
    1 January|Income Tax Return 2020 is available for taxpayers to complete and submit
    15 January|Preliminary End of Year Statement is available to view in myAccount
    18 January|Statement of Liabilities is available for all Income Tax Returns made from 1 January

My reading of this is that the preliminary statement should be available today for those who have not submitted an income tax return for 2020. And the actual Statement of Liability which is what we really want to see and which will be the basis of any refund or additional payment as appropriate will be available on Monday next. However based on last year, and despite what the website says, the SOLs may be released in batches over a number of days/weeks.

Revenue could communicate this a lot more clearly and would save themselves and their customers an awful lot of grief if they did so.

Hibernicis wrote: »
    From this page on revenue.ie

Important dates for year end 2020

Date|Detail available
    1 January|Employment Detail Summary for 2020 is available to view, download or print from myAccount
    1 January|Income Tax Return 2020 is available for taxpayers to complete and submit
    15 January|Preliminary End of Year Statement is available to view in myAccount
    18 January|Statement of Liabilities is available for all Income Tax Returns made from 1 January

My reading of this is that the preliminary statement should be available today for those who have not submitted an income tax return for 2020. And the actual Statement of Liability which is what we really want to see and which will be the basis of any refund or additional payment as appropriate will be available on Monday next. However based on last year, and despite what the website says, the SOLs may be released in batches over a number of days/weeks.

Revenue could communicate this a lot more clearly and would save themselves and their customers an awful lot of grief if they did so.

Think I've checked around 15 times today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭AuldDaysul

€4145 ffs I may emigrate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks. I found it now.

Preliminary result
    Underpayment
    €201.28

It's asking :
    How would you like to proceed?
    You should complete your Income Tax Return to:

Change existing credits/declared income;
    Declare additional income e.g. rental income, income from casual work;
    Claim additional credits e.g. health expenses;
    Receive your Statement of Liability.

Do we need to fill in Income Tax Return form now? Or wait until 18 January?

Thanks

stupidskin wrote: »
    Just managed to get in again. I was able to see it via here:

goto this Review your tax 2017 - 2020

then this

Statement of Liability
    View your Preliminary End of Year Statement for 2020 based on Revenue’s records.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My employer has stated they believe they should be paying as they benefited from TWSS; but are awaiting EY to tell them what to do. Sounds positive at least. Apparently they netted up some peoples salaries to what they thought was enough to cover this, but didn't for me for whatever reason!

Thanks. I found it now.

Preliminary result
    Underpayment
    €201.28

It's asking :
    How would you like to proceed?
    You should complete your Income Tax Return to:

Change existing credits/declared income;
    Declare additional income e.g. rental income, income from casual work;
    Claim additional credits e.g. health expenses;
    Receive your Statement of Liability.

Do we need to fill in Income Tax Return form now? Or wait until 18 January?

Thanks

You can fill it in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

tina1040 wrote: »
    Most likely, they see that you had medical insurance relief for 2020 and assume same amount for 2021 and future years so you get the benefit of 2021 throughout the year.

Looks like that...

I love smell of money in January being paid to me by Revenue. Feels like more than it actually is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Sono

Those who have received their statements, did you get an email to notify you or did you just check and it was there?

• Advertisement

Sono wrote: »
    Those who have received their statements, did you get an email to notify you or did you just check and it was there?

notification does not go out to my documents to say it is available.

To see your preliminary end of year statement go to PAYE Services in MyAccount “Review your tax 2017-2020”
    Click on request

Just looking at my emails from last year ... It looks like I submitted my tax return 27th January. I received an email on 29th January that Revenue has sent new correspondence to my Revenue Record (presumably my Statement of Liability.) And I received payment into my bank account on 5th February.

Just in case that's useful for anyone wondering about timeframes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

Just looking at my emails from last year ... It looks like I submitted my tax return 27th January. I received an email on 29th January that Revenue has sent new correspondence to my Revenue Record (presumably my Statement of Liability.) And I received payment into my bank account on 5th February.

Just in case that's useful for anyone wondering about timeframes etc.

Lucky you, I applied on the 2nd of Jan last year and got my refund around paddy's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    €4145 ffs I may emigrate

That's some kick in the balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Going by previous years it takes about 72 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    €4145 ffs I may emigrate
    You have the option to pay it interest free, over 4 years, starting 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 26,975 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You have the option to pay it interest free, over 4 years, starting 2022

Not sure that makes it less painful, gosh that's some figure.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭masterboy123

No notification for me. I just checked the Revenue account.
    Sono wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I logged on this morning and got in fine. It said I had an overpayment of 840. I was expecting/hoping for more than this. I only started working a few months ago, I thought I'd have a good few months of unused tax credits built up. I was also emergency taxed my first month.

When people on this thread are talking about completing their income tax return, is that where you add in medical expenses etc? I can't log in now to read it properly, but I haven't done that part yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I logged on this morning and got in fine. It said I had an underpayment of 840. I was expecting/hoping for more than this. I only started working a few months ago, I thought I'd have a good few months of unused tax credits built up. I was also emergency taxed my first month.

When people on this thread are talking about completing their income tax return, is that where you add in medical expenses etc? I can't log in now to read it properly, but I haven't done that part yet.

Underpayment means you owe them. Why would you hope for more :pac:

Advertisement