Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter's alleged bias towards left-wing trolls.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I quoted your post. It's all there.

You should have no difficulty pointing it out then!!!

Or are you just attempting to provoke a reaction from me.

Some feminists are anti-capitalists, some BLM supporters are anti-capitalists, some everyone are anti-capitalists. I'm not sure I see your point?

We are in agreement then, I should have used the term some...

This was how you described by post

"This is such a nonsense post that I'm not really sure where to start, but certainly tarring all feminists and people who believe black lives matter as anti-capitalist is some of the biggest load of waffle I have ever seen on this hellsite full of nonsense."

Because I didn't use the term some. Bit of an over reaction on your part don't you think!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

All I know is that these bans are nothing to do with the law or whats right or wrong, its all about the money.

Anyone who thinks otherwise just has to look at their Facebook account. How many obvious scams do you see day in day out, the same scams that you saw last year. You can report them, but they are always there, because they represent a significant proportion of Facebooks advertising income. If Facebook were serious about whats right and wrong, they would put their own house in order first, same is true of twitter.

If an individual acted like Twitter, Facebook, etc they would be rightly labelled as a hypocrite.

The hypocrisy is plain to see if you are not preoccupied by being personally involved in defending one extreme or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

"This is such a nonsense post that I'm not really sure where to start, but certainly tarring all feminists and people who believe black lives matter as anti-capitalist is some of the biggest load of waffle I have ever seen on this hellsite full of nonsense."

Because I didn't use the term some. Bit of an over reaction on your part don't you think!!!

No, it's a bloody important different between "some" and "all"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

That's a huge qualification there isn't it? If you meant some you should have said some... despite what you meant to say, your post said that "Feminists and the BLM movement often say that capitalism itself is a repressive economic system...the do it all the time!!! When [Feminists and the BLM movement] say they want to tear down the system (which they both do), which system do you think they are talking about?"

You can come and say "some" all you want, but the implication of what you actually wrote is contradictory. Not to mention you're ignoring my other point that you can say the same thing about any group.

• Advertisement

Sonics2k wrote: »
    No, it's a bloody important different between "some" and "all"

We are dealing with Feminism here, the most confusing ideology of them all, a mistake on my part sure, I'll accept that, but

"This is such a nonsense post that I'm not really sure where to start, but certainly tarring all feminists and people who believe black lives matter as anti-capitalist is some of the biggest load of waffle I have ever seen on this hellsite full of nonsense"

Is a bit strong don't you think!

Let's be clear, there is nothing confusing about feminism.

That's a huge qualification there isn't it? If you meant some you should have said some... despite what you meant to say, your post said that "Feminists and the BLM movement often say that capitalism itself is a repressive economic system...the do it all the time!!! When [Feminists and the BLM movement] say they want to tear down the system (which they both do), which system do you think they are talking about?"

You can come and say "some" all you want, but the implication of what you actually wrote is contradictory. Not to mention you're ignoring my other point that you can say the same thing about any group.

I made an error, I have accepted that and attempted to explain...you over reacted a bit...no harm done, let's move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Classic Feminism, 2nd Wave Feminism, 3rd Wave Feminism, 4th Wave Feminism....

No confusion at all!

Ha ha haa...good one!

Did you ever see someone trying to describe what today's feminism is about...watch and laugh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah, even more whataboutery from yourself.

Classic Feminism, 2nd Wave Feminism, 3rd Wave Feminism, 4th Wave Feminism....

No confusion at all!
    There is really nothing confusing at all about the evolution of feminism throughout history in my view, particularly when you view the achievements of 2nd wave feminism through the prism of the times (particularly US and Europe) and the view of a woman's place in the home widely held by many women at the time.

The evolution of rights doesn't stagnate for any individuals based on an achieved goal at the time.

Ha ha haa...good one!

Did you ever see someone trying to describe what today's feminism is about...watch and laugh!!!
    I don't find it difficult at all tbh.

There is really nothing confusing at all about the evolution of feminism throughout history in my view, particularly when you view the achievements of 2nd wave feminism through the prism of the times (particularly US and Europe) and the view of a woman's place in the home widely held by many women at the time.

The evolution of rights doesn't stagnate for any individuals based on an achieved goal at the time.

Now you said it!! Not everyone is as smart as you!!

I've no idea what a woman is anymore!!!

Now you said it!! Not everyone is as smart as you!!
    I mean that's been my schtick on this website for 14 years.
    I've no idea what a woman is anymore!!!
    Ok. :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Can we get back on topic please folks, not sure how we have drifted off onto the feminist tangent.

My fault...I didn't use the word some!!!

Sorry, let's get back on topic!!!

• What you are describing is the theoretical underpinnings of the ideologies (which are different) versus their practical implications which are quite similar. I have given examples of how they are similar, of which authoritarianism is one aspect they both have in common. All communist regimes have been severely repressive, from Vietnam to the USSR. Likewise fascist regimes.

My friend, you can twist all the words you want, a communist does not equal an equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Not even close, identity politics and liberal identity politics aren't even close? They sound like the exact same thing except replacing class with gender or race!!!!!

So instead of the plain old enemy of capitalists, the new enemy is white male capitalists!!!

Its fair to say that identity politics is a tool being used by some Marxists to undermine what they see as the core of capitalism, European society, to bring about a Marxist state

But identity politics is not Marxism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

My friend, you can twist all the words you want, a communist does not equal an equal.

No-one is twisting words, no-one said equal. You are making things up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yes, in theory you could, but as discussed practically you don't. Which is the point.

AGAIN...

That DEPENDS on who is using the system and for what ends.

The difference is that one system isn't necessarily given over to despotism, Communism. Whereas the other, fascism, practically requires it.

*edit Didn't see mod note.

• What you are describing is the theoretical underpinnings of the ideologies (which are different) versus their practical implications which are quite similar. I have given examples of how they are similar, of which authoritarianism is one aspect they both have in common. All communist regimes have been severely repressive, from Vietnam to the USSR. Likewise fascist regimes.

Fantastic.

You concede that they're different.

Tony EH wrote: »
    AGAIN...

That DEPENDS on who is using the system and for what ends.

The difference is that one system isn't necessarily given over to despotism, Communism. Whereas the other, fascism, practically requires it.

*edit Didn't see mod note.

When has communism ever existed without all the authoritarianism, re-education camps, political opponents being murdered and disappeared etc etc.? You re essentially using a variation of the 'not real Communism' meme.

Again we are not being theoretical here, we are talking about the system when it's implemented in the real World.

Fantastic.

You concede that they're different.
    Do you understand the difference between theory and practical implementation? Seemingly you don't, or can't even remember the point you are arguing. They are in theory somewhat different, but not in their practical implementation, which is what we are discussing, remember?
    But like, in practice they're similar enough..
    In practice, communism and fascism are nothing alike.
    :rolleyes:

I am not objectively wrong. Your whole argument is backwards. In theory they are different but in practice similar (which is what my point is).

Do keep up, and stop making things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bambi wrote: »
    Its fair to say that identity politics is a tool being used by some Marxists to undermine what they see as the core of capitalism, European society, to bring about a Marxist state

Doing an awful bloody job so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Doing an awful bloody job so

Aah they've been making some progress in the States so I wouldn't count them out just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

When has communism ever existed...

It hasn't existed (on any large scale at least) and not even the Soviet authorities claimed they achieved it, it was always over the horizon, a vague promise of a future of abundance and leisure.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Do you understand the difference between theory and practical implementation? Seemingly you don't, or can't even remember the point you are arguing. They are in theory somewhat different, but not in their practical implementation, which is what we are discussing, remember?

Do keep up, and stop making things up.

Mod

Rein it in, please

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Has anyone posted the undercover video of Jack Dorsey saying banning the presidents account was only the first step and he plans to do more like it after the inauguration?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Has anyone posted the undercover video of Jack Dorsey saying banning the presidents account was only the first step and he plans to do more like it after the inauguration?

no, but were it real id be interested to see it. Jack is the usual funny sort, becomes a billionaire and suddenly has a massive interest in left wing politics.

Advertisement