Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Just got the test. Will be doing it this afternoon:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Itainire

Just got the test. Will be doing it this afternoon:-)

I found the first one difficult enough.. I was hoping to answer more questions.. now a month of wait for the result

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Just finished the test myself. I can't remember where I applied for either waterford or Dublin both are equal distances from me.

My inlaw worked call taker before after moving to dispatch and he said they are trying to get trained garda out of the offices and back into stations so there's gonna be lots of roles in the future.

Itainire wrote: »
    I found the first one difficult enough.. I was hoping to answer more questions.. now a month of wait for the result

Found the first part hard.second part wasn’t that bad if I’m honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

First part is a bit tricky with the time constraints, second is very simple. Anyone finish all questions in the first part?

• Advertisement

Big_Baner wrote: »
    First part is a bit tricky with the time constraints, second is pretty simple. Anyone finish all questions in the first part?

I got through them with about a minute to spare so now I'm hoping I didn't screw it up 😂

I got through them with about a minute to spare so now I'm hoping I didn't screw it up ��

Nicely done. I just missed the last one.

First part is a bit tricky with the time constraints, second is very simple. Anyone finish all questions in the first part?

Think I got to 18/19 qst on the first part. I enjoyed the second part

Think I got to 18/19 qst on the first part. I enjoyed the second part

I think I got about 17/18.. But I stay positive because it's not only about how many answered but the percentage of right/wrong answers

Jamp 123 wrote: »
    I am useless at tests and afraid to open it. Is it a typing test or observation or is the sample adequate to get a feel for what's expected.

I am pretty sure we can't really talk about the test itself with too many details.. however I can tell you there are clear examples before you start and you can repeat that introduction if you need to.. examples don't count in final result .. you have got this! no panic, open it up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

Thank you for your advice and encouragement, best of luck to everyone.

So what happens after the results come out? Straight to interviews?

Nah mate another assessment first

Wouldn't be a bad idea to actually read the booklet and all informations given!.. no offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

No. Supervised tests in late February. As you need to achieve a similar score and show that it was you who done it the first time. It'll probably be viewed via a cam... Then the interview is in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Nicely done. I just missed the last one.

Literally answered the last question with 1 second to spare, felt like I was disarming a bloody bomb or something!

Second part was the finest I thought anyway, sure we'll see how we get on.

Chat ye all in Mid Feb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mayoman22

Random question, not sure if anybody will know but, is there a dress code for this job?
    I mean what do you actually wear while working your shift?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Mayoman22 wrote: »
    Random question, not sure if anybody will know but, is there a dress code for this job?

I would imagine so but could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

Regular smart / casual in some places, others wear a uniform of navy cargos & polo tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

I'm guessing by your name that you might be going for the job in GISC in Castlebar? If so they dress casual enough. Jeans, jumpers, chinos, t shirts. Some might wear a shirt sometimes but generally casual. Don't wear a suit, or you'll stick out like a sore thumb!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Anyone have the candidate information booklet for this be willing to send it to me? My very old laptop died and I had only saved it on that somehow.

Any help hugely appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Thank you so much to the extremely sound person who sorted me out. Absolute legend.

b9d9b7e7ea8a0135a3c9b0eb9efd77d2.jpg

Tpcl20 wrote: »
    Thank you so much to the extremely sound person who sorted me out. Absolute legend.

b9d9b7e7ea8a0135a3c9b0eb9efd77d2.jpg

Haha no problem at all!! Good luck to us all :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am pretty sure we can't really talk about the test itself with too many details.. however I can tell you there are clear examples before you start and you can repeat that introduction if you need to.. examples don't count in final result .. you have got this! no panic, open it up :)

Are you talking about the examples in the accompanying familiarisation document?. I didn't see any practice questions but the examples are clear enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Toashty91

Hi Guys,

I've also applied for Dublin but have yet to do the test, me nerrrrves!
    Could someone also send me the booklet? My very new laptop had to go back to the computer wizards after 6 months and everything was wiped :(:(:(

I'd really appreciate it!

Haha no problem at all!! Good luck to us all :)

Any chance of sending the booklet this way aswell I'd be very grateful

Sent it to both of you, have a good weekend you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jamp 123

Got a message reminder of the deadline. Sorry to ask, would anyone be kind enough to forward the booklet also, I should have saved it. Much appreciated.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

OK I've done it, me nerves but grand really.. That's it for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Toashty91

Sent it to both of you, have a good weekend you all :)

You're the best! Thank you so much!

Just did the test there, don't know how many questions i got done, didn't look at the clock, felt less than 8 mins, i honestly thought it had timed out prematurely! Not too optimistic about my score :(

Second test was actually fun but got my very last one wrong :( I was going hell for leather haha

Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Jamie13

Anyone Able to send me the booklet also?

Advertisement