Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

anyone else having trouble with the remote batteries draining extremly fast , ive gone through a couple of packets this week alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Teothican wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble with the remote batteries draining extremly fast , ive gone through a couple of packets this week alone?

Faulty remote I would think or there is a button being activated /stuck in the on position

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Faulty remote I would think or there is a button being activated /stuck in the on position
    as its a popular device there will likely be loads of videos on youtube showing how to open them, even if you are heavy handed and break clips they can be glued or taped back together so worth a shot even if you think you are not up to it. I have fixed many remotes over the years, due to the nature of them they get all sorts of spillages on them and if you simply open and clean them out with alcohol you will repair the majority of them. As they are only running off batteries the shorting out of them usually does not cause severe damage.

The filth you see gathered in some remotes is astonishing.

rubadub wrote:

Have a look inside a keyboard sometime :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

joujoujou wrote: »
    Correct.

Just a quick one, when the lan adapter lands, do I need to do anything to redirect the traffic from WiFi or will it auto set up?

TIA
    Omt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Just a quick one, when the lan adapter lands, do I need to do anything to redirect the traffic from WiFi or will it auto set up?

TIA
    Omt

Mine auto connects to the wired connection and switches straight back to WiFi if I disconnect it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i changed the account on my firestick (got 3 months free prime on a new account)

when i try and run keepsolid on it now, i get a login and/or error screen (text doesn't display for some reason)

can i assign the new account details on keepsolid website or do i need to delete, reinstall and login again on the firestick?

edit : and does keepsolid work with prime video? If it did, i might renew my original prime account after this one expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Anyone know how to connect to the 2.5ghz frequency please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ablelocks wrote: »
    i changed the account on my firestick (got 3 months free prime on a new account)

when i try and run keepsolid on it now, i get a login and/or error screen (text doesn't display for some reason)

can i assign the new account details on keepsolid website or do i need to delete, reinstall and login again on the firestick?

edit : and does keepsolid work with prime video? If it did, i might renew my original prime account after this one expires.

my keepsolid has different email to my amazon account. Maybe just uninstall and reinstall keepsolid? Is it something to do with changing the amazon account on the device and hence deregisters all apps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

rubadub wrote: »
    as its a popular device there will likely be loads of videos on youtube showing how to open them, even if you are heavy handed and break clips they can be glued or taped back together so worth a shot even if you think you are not up to it. I have fixed many remotes over the years, due to the nature of them they get all sorts of spillages on them and if you simply open and clean them out with alcohol you will repair the majority of them. As they are only running off batteries the shorting out of them usually does not cause severe damage.

Easy to leave the sleeve on it that was included, eliminates any dust/moisture from penetrating housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

anyone know of a Sky Sports news APK? SkySportsNews isnt working through Xanax on Kodi?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Anyone get skygo successfully working on firestick? I have followed the latest APK instructions but it doesn't seem to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Invincible wrote: »
    Easy to leave the sleeve on it that was included, eliminates any dust/moisture from penetrating housing.

I got a rubber cover from China for about 1.20 delivered and it gives it a much easier grip plus it's now a bright colour so easier to find around the sitting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    Through what app can you get ESPN 30 for 30 series please?

thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

ESPN+.

You need a VPN, though. I use it for 30 for 30 & MLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Anyone get skygo successfully working on firestick? I have followed the latest APK instructions but it doesn't seem to work?

not a chance of getting it to work on the stick.:(

bassy wrote:
    not a chance of getting it to work on the stick.

I wonder if this will change soon? Now tv app is on the Firestick for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I wonder if this will change soon? Now tv app is on the Firestick for the last few weeks.

i doubt it,as sky won,t make it available on android platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bobgaf

Just downloaded both versions of Chrome ( Android and Firestick versions ) via Tanya. Cannot get the Firestick remote to work with either. Anyone get either to work with the Firestick remote, are they compatible ?
    How do I get around this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

I have the TG4 app sideloaded on the firestick and it worked fine. I could not find Cúl4Scoil on it and wanted to make sure I had the latest version.

I found https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater which seemed a handy way of checking for sideloaded app updates.

apkupdater said both RTE and TG4 had updates so I updated both via this app. Now when I go into TG4 or RTE players they do not load :mad:

How have others got on updating side loaded apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Anyone have any insight to this have a Firestick 4K and bought this ethernet adapter.
    I have connected up the adaptor to a TP-Link powerline adapter that i can confirm is working correctly but I cant get it working on the firestick.

I have bought 2 of these adaptors from different suppliers and both are not working correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

mightyreds wrote: »
    Anyone have any insight to this have a Firestick 4K and bought this ethernet adapter.
    I have connected up the adaptor to a TP-Link powerline adapter that i can confirm is working correctly but I cant get it working on the firestick.

I have bought 2 of these adaptors from different suppliers and both are not working correctly

I bought the one joujoujou recommended but have yet to set it up

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭hero25

ive seen reviews on Amazon for similar products that will only work with specific Firestick versions. it could be the one you bought may not work with e.g 4K firestick.
    i bought this one, and it works fine with 4K firstick:

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

I have had no issue with the official one which is equivalent price, I bought 2 and both worked out of the box https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXP5TXI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

boardtc wrote: »
    I have had no issue with the official one which is equivalent price, I bought 2 and both worked out of the box https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LXP5TXI

I have one of those ordered now just need to wait on it , hopefully that will work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bobgaf wrote: »
    Just downloaded both versions of Chrome ( Android and Firestick versions ) via Tanya. Cannot get the Firestick remote to work with either. Anyone get either to work with the Firestick remote, are they compatible ?
    How do I get around this ?

Not compatible with the remote & there is no firestick version.
    You'd need to install the mouse toggle app as well to use it, if you really want to use chrome.

Firefox or Silk work well on the firestick, I use Firefox as it's takes up less storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

boardtc wrote: »
    I have the TG4 app sideloaded on the firestick and it worked fine. I could not find Cúl4Scoil on it and wanted to make sure I had the latest version.

I found https://github.com/rumboalla/apkupdater which seemed a handy way of checking for sideloaded app updates.

apkupdater said both RTE and TG4 had updates so I updated both via this app. Now when I go into TG4 or RTE players they do not load :mad:

How have others got on updating side loaded apps?

It's more an issue with specific apps rather than all sideloaded apps.

I tried a newer version of the rte player & it wouldn't open, just went back to the 101 version which works well

You could try tg4 with a browser, that's what I do for it & virgin. Wouldn't be bothered with mouse toggle etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

batistuta9 wrote: »
    It's more an issue with specific apps rather than all sideloaded apps.

I tried a newer version of the rte player & it wouldn't open, just went back to the 101 version which works well

You could try tg4 with a browser, that's what I do for it & virgin. Wouldn't be bothered with mouse toggle etc.

Hi Batistuta9, would you be able to supply a link for the old RTE 101 player app. I have tried the one The Driver has in her brilliant FAQ post on the first page but it just opens blank. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

For anyone looking to try Keepsolid VPN there is a 6 months free offer going at the moment.

No CC card required. Create a username and login and then use the code on the page linked here

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-dns-firewall-6-months-subscription-free-with-code-3648104

The firestick app in on the amazon store.

Worked for BBC Iplayer

Ran a few speed tests for UK and US servers and they were better than what I get with Nord.

Advertisement