Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,106 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone else's stick update yesterday and now need to install the apps I've previously installed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Trevord wrote: »
    Question about installing apps that ask you to login to a website using a code that appears on the screen during the registration process.

What's the point of that? Is it just a two factor authentication thing?

Much prefer that than having to type email and password with firestick remote. Youtube do it well. Surfshark also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I will give it another go - but I don't think it transferred over as it still says that I'm "Rep of Ireland" under manage content and devices.

I tried that android tv version of NBC Sports you mentioned. Had to get it from another site in the end ,as downloader was failing to download it from the link you gave.

App seems to be a bit fiddly. I read somewhere that you may need to open the app before you turn on the VPN. It's working at the moment anyway. Thanks

i just d'load stuff on my phone & use easyfiretools to install it on the stick. never bothered with downloader

i extracted the firetv version for you, happy xmas :D
    https://gofile.io/d/wUabFR

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Quackster wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what it was. Haven't used my Firestick in a while. Don't have a 4K telly so not too bothered about that difference.

Someone mentioned that the Now TV app that appeared on their Firestick is the UK version so only useful for UK subs. Haven't heard mention of anyone getting the Irish Now TV app on their Firestick yet.

they're a decent option in that case + you get a stick free really with the offers they have at times.

don't know just seen it on there after reading about the agreement between them. you'd think they'd have included ireland in that app, though will they bother since firetvs' aren't supported here?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

What's the best vpn to use with the fire stick?just had one delivered. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Trevord

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i just d'load stuff on my phone & use easyfiretools to install it on the stick. never bothered with downloader

i extracted the firetv version for you, happy xmas :D
    https://gofile.io/d/wUabFR

Cheers for that.

The version you had pointed me to also worked - I got it from Aptoide TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Trevord

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    What's the best vpn to use with the fire stick?just had one delivered. Cheers.

Depends what you want to use it for. Some of the cheaper VPNs are not so useful as they get recognised by streaming websites.

Nord is very reliable for BBC iplayer once you know which servers to use (they are listed on the website) and the discounted 3 year deal works out quite cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Depends what you want to use it for. Some of the cheaper VPNs are not so useful as they get recognised by streaming websites.

Nord is very reliable for BBC iplayer once you know which servers to use (they are listed on the website) and the discounted 3 year deal works out quite cheap.
    Agree with all of that. Also...

I found KeepSolid SmartDNS very good for sites it supported (inc iplayer) but it didn't support NBC Sports so I've switched to CyberGhost VPN which is doing very well so far (month or so, now)

Whatever you choose, worth looking on quidco etc. I got 90% cashback on CyberGhost. Haven't received it yet but quidco have always been reliable for me, if very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Lads keep getting low storage alerts on my Firestick and TviMate setup

The only app I ever installed was downloader and TviMate - everything else is as it was since setup

Any ideas, or advice welcome

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

batistuta9 wrote: »
    they're a decent option in that case + you get a stick free really with the offers they have at times.

don't know just seen it on there after reading about the agreement between them. you'd think they'd have included ireland in that app, though will they bother since firetvs' aren't supported here?
    As with its websites, Now TV has separate Android apps for UK and ROI. I presume the Firestick Now TV app is based on the Android one. Someone else here said that an Irish Firestick Now TV app has been promised for early in the new year.

• Advertisement

anyone have a link to a bbc iplayer app that's currently working (have a dns that works) - just that old version of app won't load anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

i just bought a 4k amazon firestick and i am havinng trouble playing videos in prime it gives me the error
    Plr_Prs_Call_Failed unable to connect

is there a resultion for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Teothican wrote: »
    i just bought a 4k amazon firestick and i am havinng trouble playing videos in prime it gives me the error

Need to contact Amazon support and get them to change your Prime account to UK (I think!)

See more here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonprime/comments/j41szt/error_code_plr_prs_call_failed_previously_error/

FanadMan wrote: »
    Need to contact Amazon support and get them to change your Prime account to UK (I think!)

See more here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonprime/comments/j41szt/error_code_plr_prs_call_failed_previously_error/

i sent amazon a mail thismorning about the issue and they replied
    for your account to be ported to Amazon UK you would need to have UK billing address , UK bank card registered on the account

is there amazon Prime Apk i can download or sideload that will work on the Firestick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

for your account to be ported to Amazon UK you would need to have UK billing address , UK bank card registered on the account

is there amazon Prime Apk i can download or sideload that will work on the Firestick?

It doesn't work for me on the main screens but when I click into the Prime app all works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

That is really strange. I don't have those things and my account is UK

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭narodvale

I had the same issue.

The issue stems from clicking on the prime video links offered on your Home Screen.

If you click into the Prime app all videos should play as normal.

I believe you can also follow the advice below about a UK address for a longer term solution, but in the short term the fix above worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Monokne wrote: »
    That is really strange. I don't have those things and my account is UK

It's luck of the draw who you get at the Amazon to help you. I've been told before about the UK address and payment and then a few days later someone else changed it to UK with no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭mossie

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's luck of the draw who you get at the Amazon to help you. I've been told before about the UK address and payment and then a few days later someone else changed it to UK with no questions asked.

Same for me. First guy wouldn't help next guy did it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Just use a random UK address and Revolut card.
    Set these up on your account then go to Amazon support and ask to move your Prime Video region to UK.

• Advertisement

narodvale wrote: »
    I had the same issue.

The issue stems from clicking on the prime video links offered on your Home Screen.

If you click into the Prime app all videos should play as normal.

I believe you can also follow the advice below about a UK address for a longer term solution, but in the short term the fix above worked for me

yes you can click into the app but the only Search function is on the main screen when you click into the app theres no search which is Bizarre

i dont understand the Revelut and uk address idea , can anyone explain better?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭narodvale

yes you can click into the app but the only Search function is on the main screen when you click into the app theres no search which is Bizarre

i dont understand the Revelut and uk address idea , can anyone explain better?

Unsure why you are not seeing a search function in the app. There is a search function in the Prime app

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hi all

I've just upgraded from 2nd gen firestick to aa 4k firestick I had M***dro, TTV & Livenet on the old one. So should I just put the same apps back on or the apps in the first page of thread/sticky or do people have any other recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

can anyone help with one of the good VPNs for a firestick.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Express VPN.

del roy wrote: »
    can anyone help with one of the good VPNs for a firestick.

Thanks
    NordVPN or ExpressVPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Hi folks, is there a decent app out there for firestick that acts like saorview or Freeview. With an actual TV guide?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Without getting into an IPTV discussion, I've a genuine question: Are there IPTV services that are legal? And I don't mean BBC/ITV players etc but rather these companies that claim to provide channels for a set fee per month?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

TheDriver wrote: »
    [...] Are there IPTV services that are legal?
    Of course they are.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    And I don't mean BBC/ITV players etc but rather these companies that claim to provide channels for a set fee per month?
    Using myself at least 4 such companies, two for sport channels, two for movies/TV series. All 100% legal, however they do not provide their services in English (with a handful of exceptions).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭mossie

Just got an email from Amazon that I will no longer be able to access UK Prime content while abroad (I got switched to UK Prime for Premier league) so won't be able to access it in Ireland because of Brexit - "As a result of this, UK customers such as yourself will no longer have access to the full UK catalogue while traveling to EU countries, including Ireland starting 1st January 2021."

I've tried before using a VPN but it's not been 100% successful. Is there a way I can keep accessing it?

Advertisement