Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 19 Transfers

• 13-01-2021 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭

Who is Smith-Rowe taking a place from in that Arsenal team and is he likely to lose his place anytime soon ?

Comments

Rikand wrote: »
    Who is Smith-Rowe taking a place from in that Arsenal team and is he likely to lose his place anytime soon ?

It looks like Saka is replacing Pepe so if we assume Willian played more centrally then that is who ESR is replacing.

I understand the decision to drop Pepe but I’ve always rated Willian and always for effort but that is, seemingly, what people are now criticising him for.

I’d find it hard to believe because I’ve never seen him down tools. Maybe he’s just not as good as he was.

I think you’ll need to see a few more games to know for sure who Arteta fancies but I think Willian will work his way back into the first 11, at the expense of ESR, and I think Saka now has his place in the team.

Maybe an Arsenal fan will come along and give you more insight.

I can upgrade Bissouma and my bench GK for a -4 and have 15 DGW (30) players and use BB.

If the Leeds and Villa game is called off it would reduce me to only 9 DGW (24) players and I wouldn’t use BB.

These decisions, to move fixtures around, have huge FPL consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

So I had 2 free transfers going into GW 18 and then decided to FH due to injuries

I just had a look at I now only have 1 free transfer, fully expecting 2???

Anyone else get this issue this year?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

madma wrote: »
    So I had 2 free transfers going into GW 18 and then decided to FH due to injuries

I just had a look at I now only have 1 free transfer, fully expecting 2???

Anyone else get this issue this year?

There is no issue.
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

F1ngers wrote: »

Cheers for the link, I didn’t notice it earlier when I checked but see it now.

Damn that sucks, don’t remember it being like this in previous years unless I never had one saved before using a chip 🤕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

It looks like Saka is replacing Pepe so if we assume Willian played more centrally then that is who ESR is replacing.

I understand the decision to drop Pepe but I’ve always rated Willian and always for effort but that is, seemingly, what people are now criticising him for.

I’d find it hard to believe because I’ve never seen him down tools. Maybe he’s just not as good as he was.

I think you’ll need to see a few more games to know for sure who Arteta fancies but I think Willian will work his way back into the first 11, at the expense of ESR, and I think Saka now has his place in the team.

If this happens there will be a revolt in the Emirates! Willian has been absolutely dreadful, beyond terrible and Smith Rowe has been a MOTM contender in every game he has played, I dont think Arteta can afford to be taking any such chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Johnstone Button(!)
    KWP Justin Pieters Dallas Taylor (!)
    KDB Salah Bruno Grealish
    Wilson Ings Wood (!)

1 FT and want to get 3 DGW players if possible to BB to replace the ones
    Wood - Bamford I think is the best move but blocks me getting Meisler then as I’ve 3 Leeds.
    Could gamble on Taylor being for and just doing a -4 for Bamford and Martinez

Any thoughts or suggestions? If I do the - 4 I’ve 14 DGW Players if Taylor makes it and Wilson SGW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Johnstone Button(!)
    KWP Justin Pieters Dallas Taylor (!)
    KDB Salah Bruno Grealish
    Wilson Ings Wood (!)

1 FT and want to get 3 DGW players if possible to BB to replace the ones
    Wood - Bamford I think is the best move but blocks me getting Meisler then as I’ve 3 Leeds.
    Could gamble on Taylor being for and just doing a -4 for Bamford and Martinez

Any thoughts or suggestions? If I do the - 4 I’ve 14 DGW Players if Taylor makes it and Wilson SGW

There was some talk of the Leeds came been postponed, so that might hamper your plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There was some talk of the Leeds came been postponed, so that might hamper your plans

I didn’t see that. Covid?

I didn’t see that. Covid?

No i think something to do with the Southampton FA Cup game that got postponed having to be played, others were talking about it in the DGW thread. I don't have any Leeds players so didn't take much notice of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Saka has moved to right wing. Arsenal's 2 star men were Tierney and Saka, penny dropped with Arteta that keeping one wide on each side spreads out the threat. Smith-Rowe has been a game changer since he broken into the team, he's got the number 10 role for now. As I see it....

Saka Smith-Rowe PEA
    Lacazette

...with Martinelli pushing hard for a start. Willian and Pepe are struggling to break past the youngsters at the moment (though invariably they'll get rests)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Rikand wrote: »

Arsenal don’t have a double though? I have more pressing issues had 11 DGW’s and was thinking of bb with a few transfers but with Villa, Leeds and Southampton doubles in doubt, I will struggle to field 9 DGW’s with hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

patmac wrote: »
    Arsenal don’t have a double though? I have more pressing issues had 11 DGW’s and was thinking of bb with a few transfers but with Villa, Leeds and Southampton doubles in doubt, I will struggle to field 9 DGW’s with hits.

Similar situation with my 3 strikers & midfielder which is not ideal.

Could end up fielding a double GW team with 5 defenders of TAA, Robbo, Stones, Cancelo & Coufal.

With the uncertainty I’m going to hold my BB.

Decisions now on who to bench from Bamford, Watkins, Adams & Raphina.

Thinking of going Bamford & Adams

Every team still has at least one game next week so far anyways right?

I wildcarded in all DGW players a few weeks back bar 1 or 2 with plans to transfer them out this week.

I'm still using my BB i reckon once it looks like everyone gets a game as I've setup my team for it and dont really wanna hold it.

All DGW players was the plan but 15 players getting a game is all i can really ask for.

I know the situation with Cvoid is always evolving but at the moment it still makes sense for me at least to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

I need a DCL replacement.... hamstring injury, now the game with Villa is in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,598 ✭✭✭shmeee

Need to get rid of Balbuena (rumours he is isolating), as planning on BB-ing.

Also need to shift on my panic WC purchase of McTominay. What was I thinking!

And have no City assets..... And 3 Leeds players!

All the planning gone to ****e.

May not even BB now!

I wildcarded in all DGW players a few weeks back bar 1 or 2 with plans to transfer them out this week.

I'm still using my BB i reckon once it looks like everyone gets a game as I've setup my team for it and dont really wanna hold it.

All DGW players was the plan but 15 players getting a game is all i can really ask for.

I know the situation with Cvoid is always evolving but at the moment it still makes sense for me at least to use it

Everton may end up with no game.

DCL injury is probably a blessing for those owners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Really in a pickle now for the dgw with no City attack.
    Team is:
    Martinez (Forster)
    Robbo Dias Coufal (Balbuena Lowton)
    Salah Bruno Soucek Son (Jones)
    Vardy Bamford (DCL)

1ft and 0.8m.
    Can go Son to KdB, DCL to a 6.1m FW. That's for a -4.

But now Watkins won't have a double and only a single game against City. Same with Martinez. So no idea what cheap FW to get for DCL, Adams?

That would give 10 doublers that I'd be starting, plus Martinez. Worth a -8 to get a GK with a double? Probably not.

Might just end up Wildcarding :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

No i think something to do with the Southampton FA Cup game that got postponed having to be played, others were talking about it in the DGW thread. I don't have any Leeds players so didn't take much notice of it.

It looks like if Shrewsbury can play next week (no more covid issues) then Southampton will play them in the cup rather than Leeds in the league. Nothing confirmed yet though.

Problem then is that some of the DGW players end up a bad single game, Villa for example would only have City (a)

• Advertisement

Really in a pickle now for the dgw with no City attack.
    Team is:
    Martinez (Forster)
    Robbo Dias Coufal (Balbuena Lowton)
    Salah Bruno Soucek Son (Jones)
    Vardy Bamford (DCL)

1ft and 0.8m.
    Can go Son to KdB, DCL to a 6.1m FW. That's for a -4.

But now Watkins won't have a double and only a single game against City. Same with Martinez. So no idea what cheap FW to get for DCL, Adams?

That would give 10 doublers that I'd be starting, plus Martinez. Worth a -8 to get a GK with a double? Probably not.

Might just end up Wildcarding :(

I’ve Adams currently & looks like he’ll end up with one game, plus his concussion ruled him out of Liverpool win. Who knows , Is he an early sub then with Ings also back?

I’d be looking at West Hsm with 2 home games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’ve Adams currently & looks like he’ll end up with one game, plus his concussion ruled him out of Liverpool win. Who knows , Is he an early sub then with Ings also back?

I’d be looking at West Hsm with 2 home games

Do people think Antonio is able for 2 matches in a week. Have DCL and Adams unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭COH

claw wrote: »
    Do people think Antonio is able for 2 matches in a week. Have DCL and Adams unfortunately!

I was looking at him too - He only played 30mins last game so hard to know where his fitness is at, but Haller being sold certainly makes him more attractive. Will probably have him in for DCL myself as can't see anyone else in that range worth the transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

COH wrote: »
    I was looking at him too - He only played 30mins last game so hard to know where his fitness is at, but Haller being sold certainly makes him more attractive. Will probably have him in for DCL myself as can't see anyone else in that range worth the transfer

I don't have Bamford so it is an easy transfer in but I would expect the Leeds-Soton match to be off now. Very slim pickings at that price range so it would be great if Antonio could play the 2 matches. I think he played the 90 in the Cup the other night.

claw wrote: »

There's no alternative at the moment really, sold Haller to Ajax. Nobody else in that squad has ever played as a forward. They played Diop up front in a training match over Christmas

Exactly this.

They wouldn’t of sanctioned Haller sale unless confident he was fit.

Played 90 on Monday.

I’m leaning towards him or I can take out a midfielder for similar price but don’t see many options

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Exactly this.

They wouldn’t of sanctioned Haller sale unless confident he was fit.

Played 90 on Monday.

I’m leaning towards him or I can take out a midfielder for similar price but don’t see many options

You would imagine this to be true, but like what if Antonia get's Covid and is out for 2/3 weeks, yet alone get's injured again.

I reckon Haller didn't fit the bill and they took the offer with intentions of bringing in someone - could they pick up like of Rondon, or even Ighalo - are there any other strikers out there that would be tempted to go to West ham.

You would imagine this to be true, but like what if Antonia get's Covid and is out for 2/3 weeks, yet alone get's injured again.

I reckon Haller didn't fit the bill and they took the offer with intentions of bringing in someone - could they pick up like of Rondon, or even Ighalo - are there any other strikers out there that would be tempted to go to West ham.

Ighalo is a great shout

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Boulaye Dia keeps popping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He played 90 minutes on an awful pitch in the FA cuo against Stockport on Monday.

Advertisement