Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yup, I've switched him to El Ghazi and Foden to Pogba

Now:

Martinez

Coufal-Cancelo-Robertson

KDB-Salah-Pogba-Soucek-El Ghazi

Wilson-Vardy

Bench: Johnstone-Decrodova-Reid- Lowton-Yedlin.

I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Am I, as a non KDB owner, crazy to consider handing the armband to Antonio over Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Was considering a transfer of Soucek and Kane (1 fixture) to KDB and a sub par midfielder but stuck with.
    Souceks form can be really strong especially with the upcoming fixtures in DGW
    With triple spurs cover i could miss out as they only have one game... Decisions..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Was considering a transfer of Soucek and Kane (1 fixture) to KDB and a sub par midfielder but stuck with.
    Souceks form can be really strong especially with the upcoming fixtures in DGW
    With triple spurs cover i could miss out as they only have one game... Decisions..

https://twitter.com/allaboutfpl/status/1349766313070137345?s=19

Yep wouldn't be selling him this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

DCL > Antonio

And not sure on the below:

Lewis > Dias

or

Burke > Soucek

Leaning towards Dias but unsure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Anyone any update on Fabianski & why he is flagged?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Are ye not worried about Antonio getting injured again? I'd love to get him but he's just so injury prone

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Anyone any update on Fabianski & why he is flagged?

Was literally just reading this:

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/january/13-january/darren-randolph-burnley-are-not-just-going-roll-over-and-give?utm_source=premier-league-website&utm_campaign=website&utm_medium=link

It says the below:

"While it remains to be seen if Randolph will be between the sticks again when Burnley visit London Stadium, or if Fabiański will be back, the 33-year-old knows nothing will come easy against Sean Dyche’s side"

The fact they have a piece on Randolph makes me think he'll start but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,809 ✭✭✭✭CSF

siblers wrote: »
    Are ye not worried about Antonio getting injured again? I'd love to get him but he's just so injury prone

It’s a bit boom or bust but the boom is appealing

CSF wrote: »
    It’s a bit boom or bust but the boom is appealing

Yeah, and lack of other options for DCL. I'll have Dallas on the bench anyway if he's a complete no show. You'd have to think he's fit to play too, given they sold Haller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Would you do Burke > Soucek for a -4 and play Soucek instead of Bamford?

Have Antonio and Coufal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Would you do Burke > Soucek for a -4 and play Soucek instead of Bamford?

Have Antonio and Coufal.

I nearly have the same problem, have Antonio and Coufal, want rid of Burke but but I don't have Bamford. I also have an option of putting an extra City defender in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

DCL out anyway. May take a hit to then bring in chilwell for one of my defenders. Keeping TAA simply because of the double but he'll be gone next week and probably get KDB back in midfield for Bruno. Bruno will get suspended very soon for a 5th yellow anyway.

Would love to have KDB this week so my mind will probably flip flop all day on different ideas, I can downgrade DCL and change Son for KDB as well but then I'm back spursless ****ting myself every time they play.

siblers wrote: »

Not sure how much he'll play. If Watkins is confirmed fit then he's the man for me this week. Lively with lots of chances, it has to click for him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s the thoughts on Kane -> Vardy for a -4?
    Would also allow me to keep Holding over Mitchell

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Not sure how much he'll play. If Watkins is confirmed fit then he's the man for me this week. Lively with lots of chances, it has to click for him soon.

he is by miles the worst forward in the game for putting chances away. Bamford looks like Crespo when compared to Watkins...

Green&Red wrote: »
    What’s the thoughts on Kane -> Vardy for a -4?
    Would also allow me to keep Holding over Mitchell

I'd do it if you have Son.

If you dont have Son I'd probably keep Kane

he is by miles the worst forward in the game for putting chances away. Bamford looks like Crespo when compared to Watkins...

But at that price point? Who else can you get that has that ceiling for points? Antonio isn't going to explode onto the scene after so long out.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    But at that price point? Who else can you get that has that ceiling for points? Antonio isn't going to explode onto the scene after so long out.

Well I have Antonio so I cant comment on him :pac:

I'd go 3 5 2 in that case. Foden would be a great 5th midfielder

Well I have Antonio so I cant comment on him :pac:

I'd go 3 5 2 in that case. Foden would be a great 5th midfielder

Ah I have money itb and can play around it's taking a hit that's killing me but taking a hit on players that have a double gameweek is a little easier as it is repaid quicker hopefully. Plenty of options to look at today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Between non playing subs, injuries and out of form players. I'd resolved to play FH the week gone by and wildcard for this week. My current team for this week is (all playing twice)
    -

Martinez
    Robbo, Stones, Justin
    Bruno, Salah (c), Soucek, Maddison, Foden
    Antonio, Vardy

McCarthy, Lowton, Bamford, Bernardo

Believing Pep that KDB was tired last game I think he'll only get one full game this GW. I'd expect Foden to get at least as many minutes as KDB so that's why he's in.

Main things bothering me is 3 Leicester players and Antonio is a bit of a punt, so I might rejig it again slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Went with the January wildcard and have ended up with this so far..

Martinez (Mc Carthy)

Robertson , Stones , Coufal ( Mitchell , Dallas)

El Ghazi , KDB , Salah , Fernandes , Soucek

Bamford , Vardy (Brewster)

I have no cover for Spurs and would of liked one of the main two but I might leave it for this week and see how people perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any Taylor owners tempted to bench him? He'd do well to get 4 points

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Neto to Gundogan or Foden?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,513 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

who everyone going to captain

who everyone going to captain

Currently on Salah. But am strongly considering Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Currently on Salah. But am strongly considering Vardy

I am thinking Vardy meself but haven't actually went and done It yet incase I jinx it :pac:

Am I the only one who hasn't jumped on Antonio yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Probably gonna do Son and DCL to Werner and Pulisic for -4. Worth it to also do Bamford to Antonio to make it a -8?

is KWP to Cancelo or Dias worth it for a -4? then play city defender ahead of Dallas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

manual_man wrote: »
    Probably gonna do Son and DCL to Werner and Pulisic for -4. Worth it to also do Bamford to Antonio to make it a -8?

Is Pulisic the best Chelsea midfield option? I'd have had Ziyech ahead of him myself.

Advertisement