Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

JPup wrote: »
    Is Pulisic the best Chelsea midfield option? I'd have had Ziyech ahead of him myself.
    Either is a decent shout i think. Pulisic has started to look sharper and i fancy he could haul soon. Ziyech on the other hand is just back from injury and might take a little longer to get to his best form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The 2 Lewies out - Lewis and Calvert Lewin. Dias and Antonio in. Delighted to see the back of those two donkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

is KWP to Cancelo or Dias worth it for a -4? then play city defender ahead of Dallas?

I would say yes, city are cleaning up with clean sheets and the defenders are usually among the bps. Also they have great fixtures after the dgw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »
    Probably gonna do Son and DCL to Werner and Pulisic for -4. Worth it to also do Bamford to Antonio to make it a -8?

All of that looks a bad idea.
    Son/DCL/Bamford are all better than Werner/Pulisic/Antonio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

manual_man wrote: »
    Probably gonna do Son and DCL to Werner and Pulisic for -4. Worth it to also do Bamford to Antonio to make it a -8?

You could do DCL to Antonio anyway. I did :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Kilman to Dias, Son to KDB, DCL to Bobby Reid for a -8?

Can't decide whether I want kdb or a dgw defender to go alongside taa and cresswell. Can play dallas or kwp with them at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All of that looks a bad idea.
    Son/DCL/Bamford are all better than Werner/Pulisic/Antonio

He needs to get rid of DCL. Injured and wasn't doing anything before the injury. I wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of Bamford and Son, they both have alright fixtures. You would want someone with 2 good fixtures over their 1 and also have to factor in the hit.

is KWP to Cancelo or Dias worth it for a -4? then play city defender ahead of Dallas?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

4.6 to spend on a defender with a double gameweek, have Konsa and Coufal already in that price bracket and no room for any more West Ham or Villa. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

4.6 to spend on a defender with a double gameweek, have Konsa and Coufal already in that price bracket and no room for any more West Ham or Villa. Any suggestions?

Slim pickings! Lowton?

• Advertisement

claw wrote: »
    He needs to get rid of DCL. Injured and wasn't doing anything before the injury.

Have we heard anything about DCL's injury yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Current Team (5-3-2 formation) with 2.1m ITB:

Mendy (Forster)

TAA, Robbo, Stones, Cancelo, Coufal

Rashford, Bruno, Salah (c). (Raphina, Riedewald)

Watkins, Bamford (Adams)

My original plan was to -4 and take out Forster & Riedewald and play BB giving me 15 DGW starters.
    With the Leeds & Southampton now down a game that would leave me with 12 DGW & 3 SGW.

So I have been thinking;
    1. Continue with plan and do Fabianski & Soucek for -4 and play BB

2. Do with the 11 lined out and TC Salah

3. Do Option 2 + transfer in Antonio for Adams and start him over Bamford

4. Do Option 2 + transfer in Foden for Riedewald and start him over Bamford

5. No TC and just transfer in Foden

6. No TC and just transfer in Antonio.

Writing this out allows me to think them out and all sound reasonable. Trying to decide which way to go would be great!

Any guidance, should I be thinking which player should I want long term beyond GW19 / should I just get rid of BB asap / should I play TC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Transfers this GW have had my head fried. Want City defence.

A. Dann > Stones. no hit

Defence then will be Holding, Dallas or Struijk, Stones (KWP, Dallas/Strujk)

B. Dann & Dallas > Cancelo & Mitchell (-4 and will be benching Mitchell)

Cancelo, Holding, Struijk (KWP, Mitchell)

Anyone doing anything similar or have thoughts?

Transfers this GW have had my head fried. Want City defence.

A. Dann > Stones. no hit

Defence then will be Holding, Dallas or Struijk, Stones (KWP, Dallas/Strujk)

B. Dann & Dallas > Cancelo & Mitchell (-4 and will be benching Mitchell)

Cancelo, Holding, Struijk (KWP, Mitchell)

Anyone doing anything similar or have thoughts?

Its a tough one but definitely right on focusing on City defender.

Probably long term you will make the points back. Could be touch & go in this specific week but bigger picture go with B.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Its a tough one but definitely right on focusing on City defender.

Probably long term you will make the points back. Could be touch & go in this specific week but bigger picture go with B.

Thanks. Overthinking it at this stage now.

Actually considering Dann & Dallas > Stones & Coufal now (-4)

Think I'll make the points back over this GW anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Im torn between Fernandez / Soucek to captain this week.
    It looks like Martial is a doubt but still an option for Ole
    Hopefully this Cavani transfer brings in some points

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Was going to BB until Leeds v Southampton was postponed.

Thinking of Son to KDB for:

Martinez x 2
    Coufal x 2, Dias x 2, Chilwell x 2
    KDB x 2, Salah x 2, Fernandes x 2, Barnes x 2, Grealish x 2
    Wood x 2 Bamford x 1

Johnstone x 2, Adams, Taylor x 2, Dallas

I could keep Son and upgrade Taylor to a City Defender and BB, but I think there is too much uncertainty around the Villa lads to run the risk.

Thanks. Overthinking it at this stage now.

Actually considering Dann & Dallas > Stones & Coufal now (-4)

Think I'll make the points back over this GW anyway.

I have Stones and Coufal so hopefully you will. :)

I also have Cancelo though.

Stones should be good for both games as Laporte & Ake are injured. Cancelo may be rotated in one of these GW matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Which would you lads go for - Dias or Cancelo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Jaysus. My life has hit an all time low. Here i am on a Friday night looking up Moyes press conference for a clue on Antonio

Below might be promising as this new lad was suppose to take over, lol.

On recent first-team debutant Mipo Odubeko...
    "I think he's somebody we're looking forward to working with, but he pulled his hamstring four months ago and has been out for three months. He's a young player we have big hopes for. With Mipo, he's just back from a long-term hamstring injury, but we like him a lot and will try and bring him along at the right time and when we need him."

On team news...
    "We've only had two players missing: Fabian Balbuena is isolating - he came in contact with somebody - but basically we're just about okay. We're waiting on Lukasz Fabianski to see how he is, we're not sure yet, and Arthur Masuaku's probably a couple of months away from being involved again."

For anyone out there thinking about Antonio, Moyes didnt speak about him. So no news is good news :pac:

PS Antonio set to rise in price tonight

• Advertisement

Head fried. I don't know what to do.

Current team and thoughts welcome.

McCarthy(1),
    TAA(2), kwp(1), Dallas(1), cresswell(2), Kilman(1)
    Salah(2), Bruno(2), Son(1), Grealish(2), Bissouma(1)
    Wood(2), bamford (1), DCL. (inj)

1.9 itb.

I can do son to kdb, and DCL to a Watkins/Antonio/Reid.

I could do kilman to chilwell and DCL to an other.

1 FT. Id love to upgrade Bissouma but I'm seriously lacking in city talent and I have to get rid of DCL. I could do Grealish as well as he's on 4th yellow. A -4 will be taken either way. Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    Head fried. I don't know what to do.

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    Current team and thoughts welcome.

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    McCarthy(1), TAA(2), kwp(1), Dallas(1), cresswell(2), Kilman(1) Salah(2), Bruno(2), Son(1), Grealish(2), Bissouma(1) Wood(2), bamford (1), DCL. (inj)

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    1.9 itb.

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    I can do son to kdb, and DCL to a Watkins/Antonio/Reid.

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    I could do kilman to chilwell and DCL to an other.

Jim Gazebo wrote:
    1 FT. Id love to upgrade Bissouma but I'm seriously lacking in city talent and I have to get rid of DCL. I could do Grealish as well as he's on 4th yellow. A -4 will be taken either way. Anyone have any ideas?

Kilman to Dias and DCL to Antonio?

Kilman to Dias and DCL to Antonio?

Thinking something like this alright. Would add a couple more DGW players too. Thanks.. I could get Bissouma up to foden as well with a bit of tinkering. A -4 is easily paid back by that move.

Would Dias be rested in one game...

Current Team (5-3-2 formation) with 2.1m ITB:

Mendy (Forster)

TAA, Robbo, Stones, Cancelo, Coufal

Rashford, Bruno, Salah (c). (Raphina, Riedewald)

Watkins, Bamford (Adams)

My original plan was to -4 and take out Forster & Riedewald and play BB giving me 15 DGW starters.
    With the Leeds & Southampton now down a game that would leave me with 12 DGW & 3 SGW.

So I have been thinking;
    1. Continue with plan and do Fabianski & Soucek for -4 and play BB

2. Do with the 11 lined out and TC Salah

3. Do Option 2 + transfer in Antonio for Adams and start him over Bamford

4. Do Option 2 + transfer in Foden for Riedewald and start him over Bamford

5. No TC and just transfer in Foden

6. No TC and just transfer in Antonio.

Writing this out allows me to think them out and all sound reasonable. Trying to decide which way to go would be great!

Any guidance, should I be thinking which player should I want long term beyond GW19 / should I just get rid of BB asap / should I play TC

I think I am going to stick with my original plan and bench boost.

I know Leeds & Southampton has dropped out but there is a slight chance it may pop back in.

However, big thing is I have built my team up for this. Secondly the next time to potential use it is GW26 and with that we could have our top teams in European competitions & as such plenty of Rotation.

I think I’m gonna stick with it. Will sleep on it tonight anyway

I think I am going to stick with my original plan and bench boost.

I know Leeds & Southampton has dropped out but there is a slight chance it may pop back in.

However, big thing is I have built my team up for this. Secondly the next time to potential use it is GW26 and with that we could have our top teams in European competitions & as such plenty of Rotation.

I think I’m gonna stick with it. Will sleep on it tonight anyway

Keeping it simple works best.

Price changes will screw me. Will wait till I go to bed but I'm going to do son to KDB and DCL to Watkins. Watkins covid or no covid has a great ceiling in two games.

Antonio is the greatest risk I've ever seen and I think people are nuts to bring him in for the GW.

Wilson has really slowed down and has a lot of ownership. Watkins for me for a change, hope it pays off.

On the kdb one, it makes huge sense to me as he has a DGW, if he starts finishing his chances he's going to rack up a huge score, had 2/3 good chances saves against Brighton. Son and spurs are away to a side who will keep it tight and I don't think we have any cause for concern of him outscoring KDB.

Well laid plans but I hope this works. -4. Would stretch to -8 to rid myself of kilman but I'm not sure it's worth that, I've worked hard to be now at 214k and have slowly moved up week on week. Mini leagues I'm in contention and a -8 is unnecessary. Sticking then next week I hope.

Triple captain KDB or Salah, I don't think so, not with all the covid infections right now. I'll keep it for later in the season. Plenty of players like Salah who play every game regardless of CL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

KWP/Neto/Kane to Cancelo/Gundogan/Vardy worth a -8? Serious fear over lack of City and cant find a way to get KDB without selling Salah/Bruno

KWP/Neto/Kane to Cancelo/Gundogan/Vardy worth a -8? Serious fear over lack of City and cant find a way to get KDB without selling Salah/Bruno

It could be with DGW. But I am so reluctant to take hits. You're literally throwing away the 8 kane got you last week and you were so grateful for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Dcl needs to be replaced, and options seem to be between Antonio, Watkins and Wilson. Leaning towards Antonio as a bit of a punt, but not decided yet.

Antonio has better fixtures but how much game time he’s likely to get is an issue. Watkins, feel like Watkins owners can feel unlucky they haven’t seen another 20+ pts from him so far, think he will have a pts haul in him sooner rather than later, but most likely not against City, and already have 2 Villa players, so getting in another seems too much of a risk.
    Wilson... Newcastle are awful, but if they do score, he’s most likely to be involved.

Also have no City cover, which is a worry, considering Kdb, but would mean losing one of Salah or Bruno and can’t see myself doing that.
    Foden also an option, but would like to get in Cancello, but for who? Reece James, just back from injury, how likely is he to play both games? The only other option would be to sell Bednarek, so not sure it’s really worth a -4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would people start Dier or Holding this week? Can’t even separate them on the clean sheet bookies odds.

Advertisement