Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ridgerun wrote: »
    Does anyone know if solicitors and probate office are continuing to work as normal in level 5? I remember in March EA's were closed for a while.

We're still waiting on probate to issue in the new year before we can get the keys. The wait is driving us mental!

In the previous lockdown estate agents were allowed operate so I assume it will be the same story this time around. I believe I read someone say last lockdown solicitors are deemed essential and will continue to operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pleh

That ad says Guide Price: €239000
    PROPERTY SALE AGREED

Did u paste the wrong link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

pleh wrote: »
    That ad says Guide Price: €239000
    PROPERTY SALE AGREED

Did u paste the wrong link?

Sale agreed.PNG

Im hoping its a typo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Sale agreed.PNG

Im hoping its a typo

That's definitely not the sale agreed price. It's a 2 bed sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Incredibly frustrating as a FTB hoping to avail of the HTB scheme at the moment.

A lot of new developments just being hoovered up in bulk by local authorities and housing associations. It would be to everyone's benefit if they could.organise themselves to build their own rather than relying on private developers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Belt wrote: »
    Incredibly frustrating as a FTB hoping to avail of the HTB scheme at the moment.

A lot of new developments just being hoovered up in bulk by local authorities and housing associations. It would be to everyone's benefit if they could.organise themselves to build their own rather than relying on private developers.

Examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Belt

Examples?

Two examples in my local town of Trim in last 6 months. Milteog estate and an as yet unnamed development.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cian59

Anyone have any experience from the first lockdown on whether many sales collapsed purely due to vendors/purchasers gettting cold feet? Starting to get worried and wonder whether the mess we're in will cause sales to collapse.

Examples?

Cluid owns 8,000 properties and Tuath owns 6,000. Throw a few other housing bodies into the mix and all the councils over the country and that's a large no.

Go on to Tuaths and Cluids LinkedIn pages if you want to see the examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Spideoige

Belt wrote: »

Yes have experienced similar in Cork, a number of friends have had deposits on houses only to be pushed out by the local authority who bought up the entire development for social housing purposes. Very little on the market other than a couple of very large developments in Cork so it is difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Spideoige wrote: »
    Yes have experienced similar in Cork, a number of friends have had deposits on houses only to be pushed out by the local authority who bought up the entire development for social housing purposes. Very little on the market other than a couple of very large developments in Cork so it is difficult.

You'd wonder how many people will own their own homes come 20 years time

These housing associations are glorified REITs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

FYI anyone waiting on KBC 1,500 cashback, we got ours yesterday 4th January after drawing down on 10th December.

FYI anyone waiting on KBC 1,500 cashback, we got ours yesterday 4th January after drawing down on 10th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nhoj88

Cash_Q wrote: »

HI, Did you have to contact them or did it automatcally arrive in your account?

My drawdown date was 22/11/20 still have not received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Quick question for you experienced/knowledgeable folks...

If I was looking to move, could I use positive equity on current house as deposit on second or would I need to have the deposit saved separately

Guideline figures; currently owe €120k, would sell at €220k, would buy at €300k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Is there any reason why a house would be on myHome and not on daft? I am guessing its not a good sign.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Markitron wrote: »
    Is there any reason why a house would be on myHome and not on daft? I am guessing its not a good sign.
    Agent may have a deal with MyHome to put it there first. Years ago there were a few estate agents with exclusive deals with MyHome but not sure about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Dodge wrote: »
    Quick question for you experienced/knowledgeable folks...

If I was looking to move, could I use positive equity on current house as deposit on second or would I need to have the deposit saved separately

Guideline figures; currently owe €120k, would sell at €220k, would buy at €300k

Yes this can be done. I'm 95% through the process due to close next week. You will need some funds available through the early process for booking deposit and some estate agent fees but entirely possible to do it.

Draco wrote: »
    Agent may have a deal with MyHome to put it there first. Years ago there were a few estate agents with exclusive deals with MyHome but not sure about now.

Ah right. I am seeing a few in my searches, not seen any the other way around though.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Draco wrote: »
    Well that was a nope. Signed for the house I'm buying, only signed for the apartment I'm selling yesterday. Looking at closing the apartment on the 16th and the house the same week.

At least I'm nearly there.
    Still not closed. Vendors getting really arsey now and threatening to withdraw on Friday. Bank has been going at a snails pace the whole way through. At the stage now where if it does fall through it'd be a relief as it'd be some closure on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Vikings wrote: »
    Yes this can be done. I'm 95% through the process due to close next week. You will need some funds available through the early process for booking deposit and some estate agent fees but entirely possible to do it.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

PTSB have our hearts broke. We have given them everything they need (more than once!!) and there is constant curve balls or additional silly questions that we have already provided. Some of the questions that came in to us Christmas week, we wondered if we were being wound up for a laugh. It's like they are delaying us on purpose, the seller has been so patient but I wouldn't blame them if they got sh*tty with us soon. We are at our wits end, I tried pestering everyday, I tried leaving them alone and nothing seems to work. We were fully on track to move in first week of December and we're still waiting on them...

Appreciate the times, and work from home is difficult but I am so disappointed as they were so quick at the start and that influenced our decision to go with them over KBC! I'm told they are normally great but they hit a backlog in Oct/Nov that they can't get on top of.

Solicitor has all our paperwork ready, once bank sends the final letter, could the key handover be turned around in a week or am I on planet delusional?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Pink11 wrote: »
    PTSB have our hearts broke. We have given them everything they need (more than once!!) and there is constant curve balls or additional silly questions that we have already provided. It's like they are delaying us on purpose, the seller has been so patient but I wouldn't blame them if they got sh*tty with us soon. We are at our wits end, I tried pestering everyday, I tried leaving them alone and nothing seems to work.

Appreciate the times, and work from home is difficult but I am so disappointed as they were so quick at the start and that influenced our decision to go with them over KBC! I'm told they are normally great but they hit a backlog in Oct/Nov that they can't get on top of.

My folks are trying to sell a house with the same bank. They're a nightmare to deal with. They won't send the correct documents to our solicitor, they won't answer phone calls, they won't provide any updates.

PTSB are a slow, inefficient, useless shower of bastards.

Anyone know anything about this house? https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/drumcondra/257-richmond-road-drumcondra-drumcondra-dublin-2393374/

It's been up on daft 3/4 times in the last 12 months, marked as sale agreed and comes back listed again around the same price. Pure nosiness on my part but wondered if anyone viewed it or looked into it?

To anyone else following this house, it went sale agreed again in December. Third time since March...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

To anyone else following this house, it went sale agreed again in December. Third time since March...!!

Thats actually a very good value house, considering the location.

My folks are trying to sell a house with the same bank. They're a nightmare to deal with. They won't send the correct documents to our solicitor, they won't answer phone calls, they won't provide any updates.

PTSB are a slow, inefficient, useless shower of bastards.

Agreed! What p*sses us off the most, to get our business they bent over backwards and were so quick. As soon as we went with them they turned into snails!! Everything else has been so smooth, amazing solicitors on both sides who are constantly pushing together to get this over the line, I never expected the bank would be the one to drive us demented. Our sale is very straight forward, they've had everything from us since October, the excuses and delays are infuriating and over the tinest things.

We've been customers of theirs for years and that had no advantage either.

If it is going sale agreed and people keep backing out, wouldn't that suggest that there is some serious caveat that the EA is hiding or something?

Thats actually a very good value house, considering the location.

There has to be something wrong with it, would love to see the engineers report. It's suspiciously good value! Sales have fallen through three times since March

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭goingagain

We also found PTSB horrible to deal with, we got to AIP with them but didn’t proceed because of the crap they were asking for. I have a very small business, about 10% of our combined income and the things they wanted from me , major eye rolls.

Contracts signed on both sides, sale and purchase. Both side are waiting on revenue clearance on 2 different issues. Hoping to close around the 20th

• Advertisement

nhoj88 wrote:
    HI, Did you have to contact them or did it automatcally arrive in your account?

nhoj88 wrote:
    My drawdown date was 22/11/20 still have not received it.

No we didn't contact them it just arrived into the account which the mortgage is paid out of. I would definitely contact them if I were you, I think the offer stated it would be issued within 4 weeks of drawdown.

Advertisement