Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Met Éireann's 18Z aviation chart has an area of weather down the east coast, including most of Leinster and east Munster, with a trough lying just off the Wexford coast. Forecast weather in this area is

For the rest of the country

What does mountains infer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Nqp15hhu wrote: »

Probably the flight path of an aircraft coming in to land or taking off ,taking them over the wicklow mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭appledrop

Its freezing out there!!!!!!

Just back from walk + definitely coldest day in Dublin.

Only slight wind but bitter along with cold rain!

We were well wrapped up but still great to be back indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Nice showers coming in from the east in the next few hours. Whether they will fall as rain, sleet or snow is anyone's guess. Currently 2.1 degrees at my station in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Not sure exactly what altitude but it is what it says on the tin.

The UKMO's 00Z chart shows much the same, though there is a second area stretching further up the east coast up to Larne now, encompassing coastal areas.
    Occasional moderate rain showers
    Isolated moderate sleet showers, heavy hail/thunder showers
    Isolated moderate snow showers on mountains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Frost still on the ground, its barely 2*C and there`s just been a rain shower..... rain, hard to believe
    (Co.down)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Dublin Mountains a few hours ago but started to snow very heavily 20 minutes later... A few centimeters up there now I woukd say.

Dublin Mountains a few hours ago but started to snow very heavily 20 minutes later... A few centimeters up there now I woukd say.

Dublin Mountains a few hours ago..... Then the blizzard really started

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Snow reported near Rathcoole, Co. Dublin a short while ago.

Roads icey all day in Galway, shoes sticking to the ice at times, 'tis Hardy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Dublin Mountains a few hours ago..... Then the blizzard really started

Is there supposed to be pictures on your posts?

Is there supposed to be pictures on your posts?

Will try again

Will try again

Can't get them to attach...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Temp dropping fast here near Tralee from a brief high of 3.9C to 1.3C atm, low -3.4C

Still had frozen sand in the shade in Banna Beach this afternoon

hlyM26v.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Still plenty of brightness here in Castlebar with clear skies, pink tinge in the distance you get with cold weather.beautiful evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Icy at work already!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

Icy at work already!

Ice and frost never cleared at my location in north Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Temperature already down to 1.7c here, lovely day altogether

Cloud has rolled in and temp has risen a little, from a low of 0.2c, its now 0.7c

Slight chance of snow showers in the Cork TAF from 9 pm to 6 am.
    TAF EICK 031700Z 0318/0418 34010KT 9999 FEW020 BECMG 0321/0323 01012KT PROB30 TEMPO 0321/0406 3000 -SHSN BKN007=

Slight chance of sleet showers at Waterford Airport up to 9 pm
    TAF EIWF 031400Z 0315/0324 35013KT 9999 FEW025 PROB30 TEMPO 0318/0321 4000 -SHRASN BKN012 BECMG 0321/0323 02012KT=

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

highdef wrote: »
    Ice and frost never cleared at my location in north Kildare.

Quite a different vista here on the coast. 2.6c currently, rain and hail.

Expecting inland locations to get some snow like Kildare over the next 48 hrs but for here I don't see it.

With winds light the off limits zone shouldn't extend that far inland maybe 10 to 15 kms would be my guess from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭pad199207

Currently 1.5°c with a dewpoint of 0.6° in Kildare. A few flakes were hitting the window earlier.

Latest wbt, temperatures and weather. Very sloppy around the coasts.

The convection coming in behind from the east is very low-topped (~8,000 ft), so not much oomph in it.

538144.png

538145.png

538146.png

538147.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just had our first shower here and it was all cold rain.

Latest wbt, temperatures and weather. Very sloppy around the coasts.

The convection coming in behind from the east is very low-topped (~8,000 ft), so not much oomph in it.

538144.png

538145.png

538146.png

538147.jpg

Can anyone advise me as to how I can upload photos or videos please?? I have clicked several times on the 'attach files' pin on the bottom left but it doesn't attach them.

Thanks in advance.

Can anybody advise me how to upload videos or photos?? I have clicked on the 'attach files' pin at the bottom but it doesn't do the job.

I gave tried several times.

Is there another way??

Thanks in advance.. I wanted to upload a couple of the Dublin Mountains today in the snow.

Can anyone advise me as to how I can upload photos or videos please?? I have clicked several times on the 'attach files' pin on the bottom left but it doesn't attach them.

Thanks in advance.

On the phone? They must be less than 1 MB for a start. The Boards Touch site is a load of shíte alright for embedding images.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I spotted some anvils today when out and about on the edge of the Castlecomer pleatau:

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1345785399004823555?s=20

The last photo with the Stevenson's Screen shows the sunset lighting up the side of clouds off to my E/ENE

Danno wrote: »
    I spotted some anvils today when out and about on the edge of the Castlecomer pleatau:

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1345785399004823555?s=20

The last photo with the Stevenson's Screen shows the sunset lighting up the side of clouds off to my E/ENE

Yeah, those anvils associated with the trough in the southeast were at about 20,000 ft.

538148.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some snow remnants on the hills above 250m:

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/1345786993977020418?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Sleet shower here in central Meath. Thought it’d be snow as it was freezing beforehand.

Advertisement