Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Takers and Incident Creation Representatives in An Garda Siochana

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bamboozle1982

Agreed, and obviously that’s based on the new facility actually being ready in the first place by ‘22

thanks, do you know is it beside the Tusla office there beside Heuston?

The new control centre will be behind heuston station. Near the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

bubblypop wrote: »
    Which is what I said.

Well in fairness you posted that they should be, I was just posting what they are.

Apologies if I caused offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

How do breaks operate on a 12hour shift

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Vologda69 wrote: »
    How do breaks operate on a 12hour shift

Think it’s like two 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch

• Advertisement

Think it’s like two 15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch

for a 12 hour shift there would be more than just 1 hour in total scheduled breaks. I would have thought 2 hours with maybe 1 hour, 30 mins and 2 x 15 minutes?

for a 12 hour shift there would be more than just 1 hour in total scheduled breaks. I would have thought 2 hours with maybe 1 hour, 30 mins and 2 x 15 minutes?

It’s legally one 30 mins breaks and two 15 mins breaks. But could be different with this job

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Wow I would have said at least an hour and two 15 minutes. I get an hour if I do 8 and half hours, an hour and 15 minutes if I do 9 hours.

Edited to say this applies to my current job, not in this sector! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

AFAIK there are at least 2 x 1 hour breaks and presumably some others to keep you within the Civil Service hours.

The break system is unit generic irrespective of civil service hours / systems. You simply couldn’t work 2 separate break schedules within the one unit as all C&C units are a mix of sworn Garda members & Garda Staff

• Advertisement

Has many people applied for this

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

It's been one of the most widely advertised recruitments I've seen in a while (facebook and the journal i think it was and a few others) so I imagine there is a lot of interest generated. I have no idea of numbers though, would be interesting to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

Has anyone else had trouble with downloading the application form.
    We only have Android phones and a Chromebook and can't download it on any of our devices.

CivilCybil wrote: »
    Has anyone else had trouble with downloading the application form.
    We only have Android phones and a Chromebook and can't download it on any of our devices.

yes it is not very user friendly. I could not download it on my work pc, wife's work pc or tablet. do not have my own pc so had to do it on brothers laptop. had to download Adobe reader on that

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭CivilCybil

yes it is not very user friendly. I could not download it on my work pc, wife's work pc or tablet. do not have my own pc so had to do it on brothers laptop. had to download Adobe reader on that

Thanks. Is it a generic form or pre-populated? Might try and ask someone if they can email it to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The hardest part of that application was finding a computer capable of showing the pdf, my work computer and laptop were too outdated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I use Foxit reader to download and edit the pdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shau_98

Does anyone know is there any opportunities for progression in this role?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Shau_98 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is there any opportunities for progression in this role?

Within the role would be limited AFAIK but there would be EO and HEO competitions confined to Garda Staff you could apply for and be moved to another area or Interdepartmental competitions within the Civil Service. In addition there is nothing to stop you going for open competitions also. Extra training has been a bit spotty with COVID but there are various schemes available for higher education but there is quite a bit of competition.

Within the role would be limited AFAIK but there would be EO and HEO competitions confined to Garda Staff you could apply for and be moved to another area or Interdepartmental competitions within the Civil Service. In addition there is nothing to stop you going for open competitions also. Extra training has been a bit spotty with COVID but there are various schemes available for higher education but there is quite a bit of competition.
    At least I know I can attempt to transfer to other departments and maybe access extra training. Thanks so much for your reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 JenOD90

Has anyone heard back anything yet?

JenOD90 wrote: »

Don’t think we ll hear back till after Xmas now

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Applied about a week ago

I'm coming from an Insurance call centre dealing with home emergencies and breakdowns so a bit of a change if I do manage to get anywhere with the application.

Best of luck!

Applied about a week ago

I'm coming from an Insurance call centre dealing with home emergencies and breakdowns so a bit of a change if I do manage to get anywhere with the application.

Best of luck!

That experience will be a great benefit in the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Any information on how the hearing test standards work? My hearing is generally good, but I have issues hearing high pitch sounds in one ear. I already answer public calls on my current job

JenOD90 wrote: »

I think it said we won't hear back till mid January

I think it said we won't hear back till mid January

Yeah correct

First sage: Mid Jan
    Second stage Mid: Feb
    Interview: March

job seeker wrote: »
    Yeah correct

First sage: Mid Jan
    Second stage Mid: Feb
    Interview: March

Then hopefully results April, then start of vetting 3-9 months ...... then depending on vetting offer by December 2021 / early 2022.

Then hopefully results April, then start of vetting 3-9 months ...... then depending on vetting offer by December 2021 / early 2022.

Yeah I was thinking along those timelines anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking along those timelines anyway.

They might delay all of this now due to Covid

Advertisement