Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Green&Red wrote:
    If someone else did it I’d be the first person on giving out about it

Agreed :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Sorry village. I was not the vigilante you needed this week.

Sorry!

*Not sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Phil WW wrote: »
    Sorry!

*Not sorry

Well done Phil ya slimy bastard! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Eva WW wrote: »
    My most spectacular mess yet. I should probably just stop playing.

No Eva you did a fine job. To be fair I came in with a fresh head. I wasn't melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

To all of those I killed...Well it serves ye right for not trusting me :p

On a serious note Kathleen, brilliant outing from a 1st time player. You were so good you had me suspicious :pac:

GnR, don't worry about it. These things happen.

Another little break for me for a while but I will see ye all around summer again.

Now if you'll all excuse me, I see an innocent I have to kill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Green&Red wrote: »
    It was lousy to the mods, I feel awful about it.

If someone else did it I’d be the first person on giving out about it

These things happen. Dont worry about it :)

It was a fair assumption to think there was no other team out there when there was no other killing power, but I also did call the first Neutral team, Neutral Team 1 :D

i do think that if you kept going, you might have been able to get a mislynch on Phil and if you had, he would have survived the lynch and then who knows where the game turns after that. Eva might have shot him that night and then you'd be in a final 4 with your own wolf team kill. Anything can happen in final 4 :)

The only actual bad play in the game from the village was lynching Necro - Seer peeked villagers should never get lynched. Even if you think they are the godfather, then that's just bad luck. But when you start distrusting the seer, you start getting to a point where.... is there even a need for a seer ?

if a godfather gets peeked and wins the game, you just take it as bad luck. That's the right way to handle a godfather being peeked imo. Seer peeked villagers should be untouchable until final 3/4 at the least because at that point wolves should have killed off the clear people...

Every other death was fair game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I should also point out for transparency that I also played Senan.

I forgot my backroom password and then lost interest, so never went in to read them or the thread at all. So I was able to come back in without any insider knowledge.

Who killed Senan and why? I was annoyed and relieved.

i didnt bother recording anything in the spreadsheet after night 4 as the processing was very straight forward after that point :)

Die-Hard-Night-Actions.jpg

Clarabel wrote: »
    I should also point out for transparency that I also played Senan.

I forgot my backroom password and then lost interest, so never went in to read them or the thread at all. So I was able to come back in without any insider knowledge.

Who killed Senan and why? I was annoyed and relieved.

You were killed by Karl, in Nakitomi, with the Steyr Aug Rifle :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Rikand wrote: »
    The only actual bad play in the game from the village was lynching Necro - Seer peeked villagers should never get lynched. Even if you think they are the godfather, then that's just bad luck. But when you start distrusting the seer, you start getting to a point where.... is there even a need for a seer ?

if a godfather gets peeked and wins the game, you just take it as bad luck. That's the right way to handle a godfather being peeked imo. Seer peeked villagers should be untouchable until final 3/4 at the least because at that point wolves should have killed off the clear people...

Every other death was fair game :)

In fairness it was a superb call that Hans would peek as good

When Patrick came up with it I wanted to tell him he was right

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think because we expected Hans to peek good it was inevitable Necro would be lynched or shot. But yeah my read was way off on Necro and I regret setting up his mislynch with my death post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Baggly wrote: »
    I think because we expected Hans to peek good it was inevitable Necro would be lynched or shot. But yeah my read was way off on Necro and I regret setting up his mislynch with my death post.

Sure I'd have shot him at some point anyway :D

I'm like Dougal pushing the red button when I've a gun in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,827 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rikand wrote: »
    As already utilized earlier in the game, we are going to do a rand off :)

This post will be the deciding post.

if the post number in the posts individual URL is odd, Phil WW will be the one who is lynched
    if the post number the posts individual URL is even, KathleenGrant will be the one who is lynched.

And may the rand Gods have mercy on your souls!

Please, even if you see the result, allow me to do the revealaments :)
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It's Die Hard motherf♤ckers

I regret that post as I took out Kathleen with it after she voted Phil with me

Well played all, hard to follow at times for me :o

So Hans and John exited the same way, ironic

Rikand you muppet master genius

Well congratulations Phil

KathleenGrant - You are Holly Gennaro the village angel.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/di..._-_Profile.png

Every night starting night 1, you can choose someone to angel and try to protect them from any killing actions visited against them. You are not able to angel the same person two nights in a row. You are allowed to angel yourself.

Could you not angel yourself even from lynch or had you already used it previously on someone that day?

Is there a full list of who was whom in anon/role/team/character etc., and is the backrooms deadroom open?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro wrote: »
    Well played Phil...ish :P

Sub Phil did a fine job coming in anyways tbf to them.

Eva... oh dear Jebus :pac: Take some time out and let the head settle, I'd say you're fried after all that :D

Fired? Hes going to prison for killing his family and his limo driver.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    When are you people going to stop giving me weapons? I have been vig about 5 times now and every time I slaughter innocents.

Ive never been Vig. Sad face.

Sure I sent Necro to the gallows, Ive blood on my hands.

Baggly wrote: »
    Tunneling necro: a legitimate tactic. Discuss

:D

Id never do it. ..... again.

To be fair be burned me so bad before I couldnt shake it. Thats a compliment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just a reminder folks that the Wolfies have to be decided for 2020

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=115778182#post115778182

I've done a summary post on all the games but if the actual game mods elaborate a bit it might be helpful too :D

• Advertisement

I regret that post as I took out Kathleen with it after she voted Phil with me

Well played all, hard to follow at times for me :o

So Hans and John exited the same way, ironic

Rikand you muppet master genius

Well congratulations Phil

I thought that post was just right!

FYI

The Feb game sign up will be up on Monday.

The Theme?

4 themes available and you can have your say from Monday on which theme youd prefer.

I wanna gauge watch people would prefer to play as to make the experience as enjoyable as possible.

Could you not angel yourself even from lynch or had you already used it previously on someone that day?

I don't think i could angel myself from lynching. Think it was just a night action. You did good Liz. If you had gone with Eva i was gone anyway. You kept the tension going and had Phil and Eva both so frustrated it was funny to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I don't think i could angel myself from lynching. Think it was just a night action. You did good Liz. If you had gone with Eva i was gone anyway. You kept the tension going and had Phil and Eva both so frustrated it was funny to watch.

Yep you could. I asked Rik before angeling Necro. I knew they would take me out when he mentioned JOAT but he was more valuable in the game and was peeked village.

I think it also said it in your death notice

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

khalessi wrote: »
    Yep you could. I asked Rik before angeling Necro. I knew they would take me out when he mentioned JOAT but he was more valuable in the game and was peeked village.

:eek: I'm not sure about that khal

Necro wrote: »
    :eek: I'm not sure about that khal

Well you did out me I suppose:rolleyes::D:D

khalessi wrote: »

Ah dammit. I didn't get that at all. Feel a right twit now! Should have checked with Rikand. Sorry Eva. Unless she would have shot me last night anyway if i came back.

Thank RIk for the JOAT role I really enjoyed it and playing anon helped me play a wee better. I so enjoy WW I have never had the same experience in any game yet tis fab.

Ah dammit. I didn't get that at all. Feel a right twit now! Should have checked with Rikand. Sorry Eva. Unless she would have shot me last night anyway if i came back.

Dont worry about it, you are some player!! Looking forward to future games with ya.

• Advertisement

I thought that post was just right!

You played awesome for a newbie

Advertisement