Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Die Hard WW Game Thread ( An action movie that takes place at Xmas! )

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Sorry village. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well played Phil...ish :P

Sub Phil did a fine job coming in anyways tbf to them.

Eva... oh dear Jebus :pac: Take some time out and let the head settle, I'd say you're fried after all that :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

My most spectacular mess yet. I should probably just stop playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sorry Eva. So close.
    But wow! What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Eva WW wrote: »

I let the neutral win in my first game playing here as the village vig and after wiping out the wolf team and then the whole village team .... it hurt then, It still hurts now, but you gotta keep playing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Eva you played a great game as did everyone it was rivetting!!!!!

Well done Neutral team 2 damn you lolol

Well done RIk on a magnificant game

Even though I was murdered on Tuesday I was glued to screen so many twists and turns.

I am sending you all my popcorn bill

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Eva WW wrote: »

Ah don't worry about it, it's only a game at the end of the day. You got yoss and with no real info out on the thread since the seer was munched night 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ah I was crap. I was sick at the start and I did what I always do and overcomplicated things and stopped trusting my instincts. :pac:

Kathleen, you were great btw as I said in the backroom, I hope you enjoyed the game and will keep playing.

Great game Rikand and Neo - loved it. My first time being mislynched on Boards too - good to get that out of the way :pac:

When are you people going to stop giving me weapons? I have been vig about 5 times now and every time I slaughter innocents.

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ah I was crap. I was sick at the start and I did what I always do and overcomplicated things and stopped trusting my instincts. :pac:

Overthinking.......did it myself.
    You played a great game.
    Well done.

Necro wrote: »
    Kathleen, you were great btw as I said in the backroom, I hope you enjoyed the game and will keep playing.

Great game Rikand and Neo - loved it. My first time being mislynched on Boards too - good to get that out of the way :pac:

Thanks. I was really nervous when i joined cos i thought sure i'd **** it up being so clueless so i am really pleased. I'll definitely keep playing.

Hey tiger, how are your dangly bits today? ;)

Also Liz you were on point towards the end there, great voting on yosser and Phil - well played too!!

Really great game Rikand. Do we have feedback thread or ?

Thanks. I was really nervous when i joined cos i thought sure i'd **** it up being so clueless so i am really pleased. I'll definitely keep playing.

:D So many people viewing me night 1, gives a man a complex - I've kept my blinds shut the last week since :pac:

Great to hear you enjoyed it btw, your picks were great, sometimes angels/bodyguards don't even get one protect in and you got two!

Also cheers khal for the peek/protect, shame you couldn't tell anyone cos you died I'd probably not have been lynched then :D

Welcome to Hotel California, it just sucks you in.

:D So many people viewing me night 1, gives a man a complex - I've kept my blinds shut the last week since :pac:

Great to hear you enjoyed it btw, your picks were great, sometimes angels/bodyguards don't even get one protect in and you got two!

Also cheers khal for the peek/protect, shame you couldn't tell anyone cos you died I'd probably not have been lynched then :D

Not closed tight enough I saw the Batman boxers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Great game Rikand, genuinely enjoyed it the whole way through! A tiring job for you no doubt chasing subs etc but fair play for keeping the show on the road. Really enjoyed spectating after being a long slow lynch :D

Angus is reset to factory settings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Really great game Rikand. Do we have feedback thread or ?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/113325330

Hasn't been used in a while but thats the feedback thread!

Thanks so much Rikand for the great game. I have nothing else to compare it to but it went at a great pace and the twists and sub-plots were amazing.

That said i wanted to strangle you with my bare hands yesterday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Great game Rikand and Neowise! Hard luck village! Well done neutrals 2 team

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yep, major thanks to Neo! He kept the whole show on the road. I almost procrastinated into no game at all but Neo kept cracking the whip with me all month long. He held me hand through the whole thing and there wouldnt have been a game without him. Not to mention all his brilliant work with the backrooms. Just a great great guy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Guys I owe a massive apology

I never even considered the option of anything other than our wolf team

To Rikand - really sorry, even if I was conceding I should have gone through you and I should have just taken my medicine and been lynched. I just thought the numbers were impossibly against me

To the rest of the players - really sorry, I hope that it didn't impact on yer enjoyment of the remainder of the game

To my wolf team - raging with myself, we could have had some chance, I let ye down badly

I don't see us coming back from this GnR. Just an utter shambles.

Nah joking these things happen as far as I'm concerned. We will laugh about it at some stage :)

Tunneling necro: a legitimate tactic. Discuss

:D

Baggly wrote: »
    Tunneling necro: a legitimate tactic. Discuss

:D

I was delighted to get the mislynch

Angus being peeked, Orla dying and Kathleen blocking two of our shots was really bad for us. Eva killing Yosser was the final nail

TBH I thought we were goners Thursday morning
    It’s the hope that kills you

Baggly wrote: »
    I don't see us coming back from this GnR. Just an utter shambles.

Nah joking these things happen as far as I'm concerned. We will laugh about it at some stage :)

It was lousy to the mods, I feel awful about it.

If someone else did it I’d be the first person on giving out about it

Green&Red wrote: »
    Guys I owe a massive apology

I never even considered the option of anything other than our wolf team

To Rikand - really sorry, even if I was conceding I should have gone through you and I should have just taken my medicine and been lynched. I just thought the numbers were impossibly against me

To the rest of the players - really sorry, I hope that it didn't impact on yer enjoyment of the remainder of the game

To my wolf team - raging with myself, we could have had some chance, I let ye down badly

To be fair the others had you sussed so you were gone anyway.
    From my viewpoint the way it happened in no way ruined the game. In fact the body blow of "wtf is happening now" made for a fantastic (if emotionally exhausting) ending.

Last stupid question lads (I promise)
    What is a myslynch?

• Advertisement

Last stupid question lads (I promise)
    What is a myslynch?

Where a villager is wrongly lynched, so what happened to you and me :D

Advertisement