Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Flawless there from Chizzy, I thought he'd start panicking as he closed in to the end but he kept going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Astonishing from chizzy,fair play to him .. mvg very gracious at the end it seemed.. can't believe what I just witnessed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,814 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Unbelievable. If he plays even just 95% like that in the next two matches, he'll be the world champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I did NOT expect that! Fair play to Chizzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Hats of Dave Chisnall, top quality from start to finish. As good as any you'll see at Ally Pally this year or most years for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That's probably the complete performance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

now wheres justin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If he keeps up that consistency he will piss to the trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭SqueakyKneecap

That was one of the greatest showings I've seen in any sport. Delighted to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭boomdocker

bassy wrote: »
    now wheres justin :D

😀😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mdwexford wrote: »
    Well it’s true he does have years of buckling under the pressure to overcome. He’s been playing superb this tournament though so it could be his breakthrough but admittedly it will be tough. Pity he isn’t in the other half of the draw. Love him to be playing Price and would fancy his chances.

Called it.
    For shame all you doubters the other night :p

I’ve never seen him play this well. If he keeps this up, and no reason now why he can’t, he will be World Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

If chizzy and ando play as good tomorrow as they did today, it could be a match for the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Tip my hat to him.

Shows what I know!!

TbL

mdwexford wrote: »
    Called it.
    For shame all you doubters the other night :p

I’ve never seen him play this well. If he keeps this up, and no reason now why he can’t, he will be World Champion.

I wonder is this a Gary Anderson like breakthrough

Remember when he couldn't finish to save his life then....2 worlds back to back

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I still don't know how Chizzy makes it work with that shoulder snatch

• Registered Users Posts: 37,802 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What a shock

Chizzy was immense and hopefully he goes on to win it now. MVG will be hurting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

The footage of that nine darter attempt and MVG trying to troll Chisnall

What a shock

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It was a sensational performance by Chizzy. Completely blew him away.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Classy interview from MvG. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Van Gerwen will be burning inside. Poor Van Der Voort will probably be dragged out of his slippers for a 12 hour practice session tonight.

What a shock

WELL DONE CHIZZY!!! :):):)

Unreal darts,,,, How many Ton 80s? At least 15 - Class!!

And MVG magnanimous in defeat :pac:

Well done Price too...

Big pressure on Gerwyn Price now
    May never have a better opportunity to win
    The way he was talking this evening he will put a lot of pressure on himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

boomdocker wrote: »
    I wonder is this a Gary Anderson like breakthrough

Remember when he couldn't finish to save his life then....2 worlds back to back

I hope it is his breakthrough, but Anderson had won 2 premier leagues, UK open and players Championship finals before his world championship, chizzy hasn't ever won anything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Classy interview from MvG. Fair play.

To be fair to him, he's generally a good loser. Just a bad winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

boomdocker wrote: »
    Big pressure on Gerwyn Price now
    May never have a better opportunity to win
    The way he was talking this evening he will put a lot of pressure on himself

Price needs to up it to win I think, don’t think he’s playing well enough at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Price will officially be world number 1 if he wins it, he's the best player in the world the last 18 months anyway in my opinion so will be well deserved.

I thought MVG was a poor loser myself :confused:

Fair play though to Michael for "taking out" that 141 :p ; 141 is a good score - no matter how it's got; especially when the leg is as good as over :D I think people are just looking for stuff to deem disrespectful..

Gerwyn Price very humble I thought.... Was the best player overall in his match,, Had a bit of a moan I suppose; but in the last few sets, he really did let Daryl off the hook....

Bunting match was annoying - between the on screen scoreboard blocking the 10/15 area of the board; as well as the camera panning EVERY SINGLE TIME to Bunting after he threw; there was just about time to see Ratajski release his first dart...

Come on Chizzy - I see he's slight favourite to beat Ando.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Fancy bunting and Chizzy to win tomorrow.

Price a better player but bunting seems to be in better form from my general perception of the games I have seen.

Advertisement