Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Chizzy vs Bunting final would be some laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Degag wrote: »
    Think Gurney has a decent chance of beating Price tomorrow.

So with that mind my accy for tomorrow is:

DVD
    MVG
    Ratajski
    Gurney

So if my predictions follow through MVG will be out. Here’s hoping!

I have never seen anyone give up when they were ahead, divingboard has a rotten attitude to the game, an angry man, too easy to play against

Not sure where you’ve gotten that from. He was below par for sure but he most definitely doesn’t have a rotten attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I have never seen anyone give up when they were ahead, divingboard has a rotten attitude to the game, an angry man, too easy to play against

He got his tourcard in January, got to the final of the Grand prix and quarters of the worlds what are you raving about. No one lives with Anderson when he plays like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Cannot decide between price and gurney.

Price at his best bests him but he hasn't been at his best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Degag wrote: »
    Not sure where you’ve gotten that from. He was below par for sure but he most definitely doesn’t have a rotten attitude.
    He fell over the line in an earlier game against that young kid, was flattened in the first 2 sets, he literally gave up at 1-1 today, it is a ridiculous performance, and it's not a lack of ability so it has to be attitude, he's had a good season but was well turned over today. Anderson was made to look good, but all the gestures and head shaking is no benefit to Dirk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

He fell over the line in an earlier game against that young kid, was flattened in the first 2 sets, he literally gave up at 1-1 today, it is a ridiculous performance, and it's not a lack of ability so it has to be attitude, he's had a good season but was well turned over today. Anderson was made to look good, but all the gestures and head shaking is no benefit to Dirk

Agree. He totally intimidated the young kid Brooks in the 1st round when 2 sets down. Started shouting and jumping around etc. He should have gone out in the 1st round tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

101+ average and 50% on doubles, made to look good...by himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

You can see Dirks head dropping etc must have been a massive boost to Gary really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

munster87 wrote: »
    101+ average and 50% on doubles, made to look good...by himself

He played very well today, has been good in the last 2 rounds after beating Mensur the slow, so he is dangerous with his ability and experience, but had no one to beat today, longer matches seem to suit the experienced heads

• Advertisement

Winner - £500,000
    Runner-Up - £200,000
    Semi-Finalists - £100,000
    Quarter-Finalists - £50,000

Insane money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Done dirk van you know who ew at 80/1.

And so the dream ends. Had a good run for my money.

Could and should have been 2 sets up, but after that, god was anderson good.

I could only sit back and admire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

D.Q wrote: »
    You can see Dirks head dropping etc must have been a massive boost to Gary really

After the third set he completely tensed up. He was stretching a lot, slow to the oche, pausing a lot after the first dart, completely lost his nerve and looked like he had spot of dartitis at times. All Anderson had to do was throw steady which he did under little pressure and coasted home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Does anyone know what time the first match is due to start this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Xenji wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Xenji wrote: »

6:15 PM

Think Gurney will beat Price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Lots of talk about how well Anderson played , and rightfully so
    But Bunting threw the same average and slightly better finishing percentage over a longer game against a tougher opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

boomdocker wrote: »
    Lots of talk about how well Anderson played , and rightfully so
    But Bunting threw the same average and slightly better finishing percentage over a longer game against a tougher opponent

Best I’ve seen him play in the PDC I’d say. Hope he can keep it up and make the final now.

Can’t see Gurney getting more than 2 sets here but hope I’m wrong. Do not want to endure seeing Price smug mug lift that trophy Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

All over me thinks

• Advertisement

Gurney not at the races at all
    Looks like he's reverting back to his pre tournament form

well done gurney

that 5th set could haunt gurney he had plenty of chances to take it,but missed doubles on umpteen occassions.

Wasn’t against the throw so not too damaging. Will need to break him at some point tho

Bunting will fancy his chances on the evidence here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wasting big opportunities gurney is

gurney could easily be ahead in this match,but yet again vital misses at the wrong times hands it to price.

Alarming drop off there from Price, hardly hit a treble in the whole set,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Gurney scoring well and hanging in.

If he improves his doubling he could still win it

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Great turnaround from Gurney. I thought he'd get baited by the shouting but he's held his nerve well.

Advertisement