Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

mdwexford wrote: »
    Hard people to impress on here.

102 average, 50% doubles.
    He played fantastic.

I agree, however the nerves really started to get to him at the end and MvG will pounce on that.

It's far from a foregone conclusion that MvG will win though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Friday January 1
    Afternoon Session (1200 GMT)
    QF3- Krzysztof Ratajski vs Stephen Bunting
    QF2- Gary Anderson vs Dirk Van Duijvenbode

Evening Session (1800 GMT)
    QF4- Gerwyn Price vs Daryl Gurney
    QF1- Michael Van Gerwen vs Dave Chisnall

Semi finals- Sat 2nd Jan
    QF1 vs QF2
    QF3 vs QF4

Great weekend of darts coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭shockframe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Friday January 1
    Afternoon Session (1200 GMT)
    QF3- Krzysztof Ratajski vs Stephen Bunting
    QF2- Gary Anderson vs Dirk Van Duijvenbode

Evening Session (1800 GMT)
    QF4- Gerwyn Price vs Daryl Gurney
    QF1- Michael Van Gerwen vs Dave Chisnall

Semi finals- Sat 2nd Jan
    QF1 vs QF2
    QF3 vs QF4

Great weekend of darts coming

That lineup isn't far off Lakeside 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Mvg all the way. 90%mvg will do any of them. Maybe price might push him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

mvg v price final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,964 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bassy wrote: »
    mvg v price final

Looking a bit likely but shocks can happen

DVD and Gurney could stir things up a bit, Anderson is still there too. Chizzy, Bunting and Ratajski would need every bit of luck if any of them are to make the final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

if Chizzy Bunting and Ratajski make the final it will be a crap one sided final if facing price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

boomdocker wrote: »
    He did, no doubt about that.
    But I think DvdB would have given MvG a tough game in the QF
    We'll see, maybe Chizzy will prove me wrong, but for all his heavy scoring I can't see him finishing in a pressure match
    Happy to be proved wrong though
    Kingp35 wrote: »
    I agree, however the nerves really started to get to him at the end and MvG will pounce on that.

It's far from a foregone conclusion that MvG will win though.

Well it’s true he does have years of buckling under the pressure to overcome. He’s been playing superb this tournament though so it could be his breakthrough but admittedly it will be tough. Pity he isn’t in the other half of the draw. Love him to be playing Price and would fancy his chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

bassy wrote:
    if Chizzy Bunting and Ratajski make the final it will be a crap one sided final if facing price

Bunting and ratajski can't meet price in the final as they're in the same side of draw.

Final will be:

Mvg or chizzy / dvd or Anderson v Bunting or ratajski/ price or gurney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Would like to see Gary ANderson do it but reckon MVG will take him out in the qtrs.

I think MVG Price is the most likely outcome, should be a good game but MVG probably has his number too. With the exception of MVG, Price and Anderson (when at his best) the rest of them have too many off patches in games for me. Their head drops and the game gets away from them.

MVG and Price in particular are really helped by their intensity, seems to keep them focused as much as people give out about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The winner comes from MvG's side of the draw for me. Whoever wins through to the final from that half will win the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

D.Q wrote: »
    Would like to see Gary ANderson do it but reckon MVG will take him out in the qtrs.

I think MVG Price is the most likely outcome, should be a good game but MVG probably has his number too. With the exception of MVG, Price and Anderson (when at his best) the rest of them have too many off patches in games for me. Their head drops and the game gets away from them.

MVG and Price in particular are really helped by their intensity, seems to keep them focused as much as people give out about it.

Yes, and in the longer games from the QF onwards those off patches will catch them out

One thing I don;t understand about Chizzy is that he has this lovely quick rhythm when throwing for scores then when it come to doubles, especially important ones, he has this habit of stopping and becoming more methodical
    Why doesn;t he just keep the same rhythm
    Looks to be like the more he thinks about it the more likely he is to miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭shockframe

Price hasn't been overly impressive to me. Better last night but King is now at best a last 16 player. Gurney is more than capable of going close.

I like Dizzy Chizzy but he could fold like a cheap suit against MVG. If he goes 2-0 down that could be it.

DVD has done well to get this far but Gando might be fired up more than ever after this weeks nonsense.

The other one looks a 50-50 game. Bunting has had a great run but looks slightly off the form he was in from 2012-14. Ratajski has done extremely well on the tour the last few years and it's almost like a pro tour setting without crowds. Beating Clemens despite the end wobbles was significant for him as he hasn't been at his best at either Worlds. Now that he's in the last 8 he might be a lot better tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Think Gurney has a decent chance of beating Price tomorrow.

So with that mind my accy for tomorrow is:

DVD
    MVG
    Ratajski
    Gurney

Bunting the underdog against ratajski, find that a bit strange. Think he's been playing better but maybe that's just my impression. Hard to call.

D.Q wrote:
    Bunting the underdog against ratajski, find that a bit strange. Think he's been playing better but maybe that's just my impression. Hard to call.

Yeah, had a little wager at 13/8 myself.

Good start by ratajski though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Yeah, had a little wager at 13/8 myself.

Good start by ratajski though.

Bunting has hit back tho

Great checkout to break

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Ratajski not at the races at all thus far

• Advertisement

Bunting with a handy two set lead without having to throw his best darts.

Ratajski hasn't left the stage at either interval. Probably wouldn't do him any harm to take a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Not showing any nerves bunting,which I didn't expect

Bunting very very steady with the doubles. Extremely impressive so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Bunting is playing well, fair play. Never rated him but he's throwing well.

Playing lovely stuff is Bunting
    Hard to see a way back for Ratajski

Coneygree wrote: »
    Bunting is playing well, fair play. Never rated him but he's throwing well.

Had a few real good years after he won the BDO , think it was 2014/5, looks like he is recapturing some of that old form
    Well able to play, still don't know how he throws those light darts

boomdocker wrote: »
    Had a few real good years after he won the BDO , think it was 2014/5, looks like he is recapturing some of that old form
    Well able to play, still don't know how he throws those light darts

What weight does he use? I've always needed about 26g haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Ratajsji finding his normal gsne now. Think he wins the match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Never mind

• Advertisement

That 170 had to be an absolute sickener

Advertisement