Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee Forbes banging the RTE TV licence drum again 60m uncollected fee *poll not working - pl ignore*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭elperello

mgn wrote: »
    I personally would be quite happy if the never came back,
    the new presenters that's covering for them are in fact a lot better than them,
    and probably only getting paid a fraction of what the stars are getting paid.
    So keep them a huge saving there straight away.

RTE are a shambles of an organisation, like this evening for example the 1pm News on at 5.30pm on the RTE News Now channel for the day that's in it.

Nobody outside RTE can defend that.

You didn't address the matter of you accusing me of posting to divert attention.

Just got an hour of news on RTE.

Bang up to date now, happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

elperello wrote: »
    You didn't address the matter of you accusing me of posting to divert attention.

Just got an hour of news on RTE.

Bang up to date now, happy out.

I also said nobody outside RTE could defend them.

Did you miss that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I also said nobody outside RTE could defend them.

Did you miss that bit.

Very funny :)

elperello wrote: »
    Very funny :)

And a Happy New Year to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Note to dee forbes.....all the presenters that are standing in for the "big talent" are far superior than what they are replacing...

No need for:

Sharon ni bheolain
    Caitriona Perry
    Eileen Dunne
    Ryan Tubridy
    Miriam O'Callaghan
    Joe Duffy
    Ray Darcy

Ive probably saved you nearly €2million there....im sure ive left out a few others...

Youre welcome....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Note to dee forbes.....all the presenters that are standing in for the "big talent" are far superior than what they are replacing...

No need for:

Sharon ni bheolain
    Caitriona Perry
    Eileen Dunne
    Ryan Tubridy
    Miriam O'Callaghan
    Joe Duffy
    Ray Darcy

Ive probably saved you nearly €2million there....im sure ive left out a few others...

Youre welcome....

You’d be a lot closer to €4m than €2m if you cut all of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Tubbs ,The Dufficer and D'Arcy would be just South of 2 million based on wages ....with expenses etc would be well over it .

Don't think the newsreaders are on massive wedges ...good wedges mind ....but not the obscene shedloads paid to Tubbs.Duffy and Darcy.

Couple of the Sports guys are trousering fairly eye watering packages ....given that not a lot of Sport took place compared to other years ?

Agree that the stand ins over the Xmas were very competent and freshened thing up ....well done to them ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tubbs ,The Dufficer and D'Arcy would be just South of 2 million based on wages ....with expenses etc would be well over it .

Don't think the newsreaders are on massive wedges ...good wedges mind ....but not the obscene shedloads paid to Tubbs.Duffy and Darcy.

Couple of the Sports guys are trousering fairly eye watering packages ....given that not a lot of Sport took place compared to other years ?

Agree that the stand ins over the Xmas were very competent and freshened thing up ....well done to them ...

Mr Tommie Gorman is apparently on a wedge of €200k

Editor class apparently, does his bit in fairness.... hmmm +- €120k maybe.

Mr Tommie Gorman is apparently on a wedge of €200k

Editor class apparently, does his bit in fairness.... hmmm +- €120k maybe.

If Gorman is on €200 k then EVERY editor is on sommat similiar and maybe some on more .....like Tony Connelly who it must be said did a great job and is one Dude who could be poached .

Be interested to compare the Virgin Media wedges and conditions with counterparts in RTE.

This is crying out for some investigating journo to do an expose...but it never happens ?

Vested interests / cowardice / afraid to rock the boat .....you tell me ?

This what boils my p1$$ when I hear hacks bleating about the need to protect independant media !

Give it over lads ...you are fooling no one !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A few years ago George Hamilton was on 200k, and then got the best of seats at all the world's top sporting events, plus free accommodation and expenses when at each one.

Had to be the best job ever.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    A few years ago George Hamilton was on 200k, and then got the best of seats at all the world's top sporting events, plus free accommodation and expenses when at each one.

Had to be the best job ever.

There is a case in point ....what are the Virgin Media Soccer commentators paid and what wedges are the studio people on ?

Hamilton is a competent commentator ...no more ...no less...but so are the VM dudes .

You would imagine that given the controversy about RTE salaries somebody would make that comparison ....wouldn't you ?

Bit strange that no journo has done that ...don't you think ?

Nobody in media will criticise RTE as that is the big leagues which they aspire to be promoted to at some stage in their career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

No need for:

Sharon ni bheolain
    Caitriona Perry
    Eileen Dunne
    Ryan Tubridy
    Miriam O'Callaghan
    Joe Duffy
    Ray Darcy

Youre welcome....

You are not thinking outside the box - virtual presenters using AI is where the future is.

As for 2FM

Even Joe Duffy does not escape.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is this garbage the best they can do on New Years Eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭gifted

It's the worst ever on the Irish channels this christmas....to be fair though, it's been ****e on all the tv channels

The can do what the like, their answerable to no one.

The can do what the like, their answerable to no one.

I disagree....they are answerable to the licence fee payer....

I do not pay the licence fee....so let them play brendan ocarroll dressed in drag all christmas...not costing me anything...

If you have a problem with them...stop paying the licence fee...

I do not pay the licence fee....so let them play brendan ocarroll dressed in drag all christmas...not costing me anything...

...until you are forced to pay whether you watch or not and then it will be too late.

The couldn't care less about the people who pay the licence fee,
    The last week has proven that.

How to you get around when the tax's you pay goes towards bailing them out every year.

So you pay for them one way or another, licence or no licence.

• Advertisement

The couldn't care less about the people who pay the licence fee,
    The last week has proven that.

How to you get around when the tax's you pay goes towards bailing them out every year.

So you pay for them one way or another, licence or no licence.

Fair point....i just feel abit better not paying the licence fee..

Im not getting "doubly hit" then!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The 9.00 'News' was 6 minutes long tonight.

You have the virus, the vaccine, Brexit and people rioting in Dublin. I'm sure there was loads else going on around the country.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Jools Hootenanny is pre recorded, and their showing performances from years gone by, yet it’s still better than listening to the RTÉ set sounding like their in a tunnel talking sh1te....

And then Jason Byrne is there..... talk about 2021 getting off to a bad start!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

New Years Day 2021, and RTÉ are showing Junior Masterchef 2014........

I’m guessing it’s because Donal Skehan is one of the judges on it, and he’s their darling and must be pushed upon us at any and every opportunity.

No news or nuacht at mid-day. Just the angelus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

sligojoek wrote: »
    No news or nuacht at mid-day. Just the angelus.

It's not as if there's anything big happening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

sligojoek wrote: »
    The 9.00 'News' was 6 minutes long tonight.

You have the virus, the vaccine, Brexit and people rioting in Dublin. I'm sure there was loads else going on around the country.

I believe, for legal reasons, they're not allowed comment on the incidents in Dublin due to the 'sensitivity' of the matter.

If there were a court case, RTE could be seen as unduly influencing the outcome of a trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I believe, for legal reasons, they're not allowed comment on the incidents in Dublin due to the 'sensitivity' of the matter.

If there were a court case, RTE could be seen as unduly influencing the outcome of a trial.

It also goes against the narrative they foist on the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Never heard that they weren’t allowed to report the facts of the issue.

This is really incredible stuff, I mean the whole performance over the Xmas and NY period.

Unbelievable disrespect for the licence payer.

• Advertisement

They could have easily reported that incidents had taken place, without influencing any trial.

Advertisement