Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What's shocked me the most is the total and utter lack of support for Gardai by our Political Leaders,
    at both National and Local level.

Most politicians have no concept of law and order. One of my friendly local politicians growing up in the old constituency of North Kerry was a convicted arms smuggler - Martin Ferris.

Many in the Dail would love to see the Gardai fall flat on their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

Am I the only one who sees ' Stop Thief ' in the thread title ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

mattser wrote: »

Nope :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but there's reports of black gangs attacking white people on foot of this

https://streamable.com/6qwvzw
    https://streamable.com/kwfidz (same incident as above)
    https://streamable.com/rh9bv2
    https://streamable.com/34jamq
    https://streamable.com/gfyj42
    https://streamable.com/4xvppt

It be worse, I imagine, if it wasn't for the 2003 referendum. Nobody takes notice of the relatively improvised areas on the fringes of Dublin until there's already endemic issues. We've seen it before in Ballymun, Finglas, etc. This time there's race as well as class issues at play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Water charges had support from a large cross section of society, attempted money grab to support FGs favourite obese ,tax evading rug wearer

You're already dragging every other thread on the site off topic to bash FG. Can you shinners leave this one for a day or two before trying to hijack this to bash FG too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

mattser wrote: »

Thread should be renamed, he was an attempted murderer not a thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

In Balbriggan for example, according to the 2016 CSO figures, the number of people identifying as "black" is about 17.5% of the number of people identifying as "white Irish"

Again, not commenting on the situation. Just giving you figures to put your average of 1% or 2% into context.

Which compares how to Brixton?

The numpties in here saying we'll have areas like Brixton don't even know the demographics of Brixton.

Its such sht.

wE'Re GOinG tO B lIkE BrIxTON

Really? Well whats the ethic ratio like in Brixton.

I doN'T KnoW

Some random capital letters mixed into words. That’s us all told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Some random capital letters mixed into words. That’s us all told.

Us all.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

What's shocked me the most is the total and utter lack of support for Gardai by our Political Leaders,

PBP have rolled out with the criticism of the guards and actually had representatives at the protest at the Garda station today apparently. They love a popular movement to hop on but they've read this dreadfully wrong as the public perception is rightly pro Garda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    You're already dragging every other thread on the site off topic to bash FG. Can you shinners leave this one for a day or two before trying to hijack this to bash FG too?

Of course they cant.

I dont understand it, they always totally misjudge the public mood on issues like this. Ive been a critic of the Gardai many times but this seems pretty clear cut to me, why dont the politicians stand up for the people in these communities whose lives are being made a misery by scumbags, like for example the shop worker that was attacked? I mean i doubt t if these scrotes or their families bother even voting

duffman13 wrote: »
    PBP have rolled out with the criticism of the guards and actually had representatives at the protest at the Garda station today apparently. They love a popular movement to hop on but they've read this dreadfully wrong as the public perception is rightly pro Garda

Ive good time for many in PBP and a lot of their positions (But dont wnat to see them within an asses roar of govt) but on this as usual they have totally misjudged the public mood on this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I dont understand it, they always totally misjudge the public mood on issues like this. Ive been a critic of the Gardai many times but this seems pretty clear cut to me, why dont the politicians stand up for the people in these communities whose lives are being made a misery by scumbags, like for example the shop worker that was attacked? I mean i doubt t if these scrotes or their families bother even voting

Well Leo did.

But that's not popular here for some reason.

People seem to hate him because he wants people to die on our streets supposedly, did I do that right?

That's the left narrative and its working.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

They are afraid of their lives of the woke brigade. Simple as that.

One honest assessment of the situation and they'd be crucified.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,114 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

85603 wrote: »
    Which compares how to Brixton?

The numpties in here saying we'll have areas like Brixton don't even know the demographics of Brixton.

Its such sht.

wE'Re GOinG tO B lIkE BrIxTON

Really? Well whats the ethic ratio like in Brixton.

I doN'T KnoW

I never mentioned anything about Brixton.

You might not have any issues with any particular demographics of gangs because of where you live. And maybe because of your own background and situation you might never have to live in those areas. That doesn't give you the right to pontificate against others who might be having issues in those areas.

Even within a town there were of course be variances. Given that a lot of people don't move from towns like that (I simply mean that there will be a portion of the population there who trace their families back generations to the same town), it stands to reason that new estates would house most of the new people who arrived in say the last 25 years. so the concentration will be even higher in those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Polar101

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1344612520175271936

I thought that sounded relatively balanced?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Kraftwerk wrote: »

Poster put water charges in with other unrelated and less prominent issues, they brought the issue up, Greenparty are doing the BLM spin on this yet you go off on one about a party which I'm not a member of but did vote for last election, Why have you been silent on the Green party response?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Well Leo did.

But that's not popular here for some reason.

People seem to hate him because he wants people to die on our streets supposedly.

That's the left narrative and its working.

Yeah in fairness to Leo he mentioned both the Garda and the shopworker. But that wasn't enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

Sorry, if I’m in my car and I’m confronted by these people, I’m running them over. I’m inching forward to give them a chance to move and then I’m accelerating.

Scum.

Their skin colour is irrelevant. It’s just noise.

These people are animals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭PerryB78

How can those scumbags running amock today feel justified with with what they are doing?
    I've seen pictures of the wounds inflicted on that poor man yesterday.

Is it the picture of the guy with the wound from eye to mouth? If so then its a picture of an Everton fan who was slashed in a football brawl with Millwall fans a number of years ago.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,531 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Discuss the incident, not wider issues/concerns. We've enough grief with the way the thread has gone without people trying to open this up into a wider discussion on immigration and race

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

I said it earlier. Public figures disgraceful comments. The rank and file Gardai and especially the armed (dunno was it ASU or ERU) must be gutted to read such comments. And they are reading. What the hell is that doing for an already low morale ?

Pathetic display. Hope they get called to task for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Indeed, even the Minister for Justice is jumping on the bandwagon. Must be difficult to be a motivated Garda at the moment.

...link?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Here is the transcript from that audio clip.

Sounds more like the ramblings of a nutcase - that woman does no favours for the black community

• Registered Users Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Heckler wrote: »
    I said it earlier. Public figures disgraceful comments. The rank and file Gardai and especially the armed (dunno was it ASU or ERU) must be gutted to read such comments. And they are reading. What the hell is that doing for an already low morale ?

Pathetic display. Hope they get called to task for this.

It really is. It should be it should be fully investigated before any comment not casting accusations at the Garda one wat or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

newmember? wrote: »
    ...link?

https://twitter.com/HMcEntee/status/1344584936267919360

His death is a tragedy apparently, at least according to her. He's responsible for his own death, no tragedy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭babaracus

85603 wrote: »
    No by my logic we're never going to have anything like the Brixton mentioned by the easily triggered types in here.

And based on the official stats we're not.

Of course official stats aren't going to be enough for you.

So you can triple the number make it 3.9% of our population that is of African origin.

Guess what Einstein, we're still a mile off anything nearly resembling Brixton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Ethnic_groups

Ethnic backgrounds: Irish: 82.2%, Irish Traveller: 0.7%, Other White: 9.5% (total White: 92.4%), Asian: 2.1%, Black: 1.3%, Other: 1.5%, Not Stated: 2.6% (2016)[24]

Science Bitches.

I lived in D15 for 35 years, close to where the initial Spar incident took place. I went to school in a secondary school with 1100 pupils in D15 in the late 80s/early 90s. Of the 1100 pupils during my time there, 2 were of a non-Irish background. Yes, two. One was the son of a Pakistani doctor in Blanchardstown Hospital and the other was a daughter of Vietnamese immigrants from the 70s who were part of the boat people intake we took at that time, they ran the local Chinese restaurant.

Fast forward 25 years and the majority of people in my primary school were of a non-Irish background. It is quite an amazing change and for the vast vast majority it has been accepted without acrimony or tension, a remarkable reflection on the welcoming and accepting nature of the people of the area. This is a population shift in this area that has rarely been seen anywhere in the world outside of mass movement due to warfare etc.

The majority of the non Irish are of course EU migrants, mainly Eastern European and they have assimilated extremely well. There are no problematic Polish/Romanian etc. gangs in D15 but there are noticeable and problematic gangs of African/African Irish youngsters who have appeared in the media (not as often as they should have) over the past 10 years. Today they forced my sprightly 76 year old neighbour to fear for her life inside a Spar as they banged on the shutters and shouted that she was a white bastard and they hoped she would die (along with others inside of course). You will have seen the video.

I'm not sure what she did to deserve that, or what my mother of a similar age who also lives here did to deserve being afraid to go out for her walk this evening. They have not got a racist bone in their bodies and they are afraid to walk the streets. But hey, let's lash up some stats and forget about ghettoisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Been dipping in and out of this thread all day and just noticed now the title is "shop thief" and not "stop thief".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭irishproduce

touts wrote: »
    Disgraceful biased reporting by RTE. Clearly trying to blame the Guards and whip up anger over their shooting of this individual. I don't think they even mentioned that he had a knife and definitely didn't mention his earlier armed robbery. I'll be lodging a complaint with the Broadcasting regulator on this and hope others join me

To be fair, I'm the first person who will take issue with RTEs bias however I watched the 6 news back to be sure before lodging a complaint and I decided not to.
    All RTE officially have to go on is that a man was shot by Guards after a standoff and he is dead now. Those are facts already established.

That he had earlier put a member of the spar shop in hospital has not been established officially. I know it's widely knoe through social media etc but RTE couldn't really say that as it is not announced as part of official investigation and is one and the same yet.

So in that regard, I'm going to hold fire. But I'm watching RTE for their blatant bias and if they exercise it on this issue, I'll complain to the BAI myself.

I'm just trying to be impartial in this. It's important because it has potential to get out of hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement