Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Haraldkare

Bambi wrote: »
    One of the numpties involved in this is on the board of a state quango for equalitee human rights and whatever your having yerself.

Note the solicitors name, apparently the bould SF MP doesnt just represent drug lords in the Republic. :o

]

It is like something out of Better Call Saul

• Registered Users Posts: 28,762 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

She has had plenty to say on it.

McEntee there is almost as bad, but not unexpected. Like Leo, Harris, and Murphy she's one of the "new FG" - weak, populist and completely unsuitable for the gravity and import of the roles they hold.

That Dr Joseph however is on a whole different level of destructive in terms of social stability and cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Trying to compare this to George Flyod is a real crappy thing to do. Didnt see George after people with a machete or trying to attack a police officer.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

85603 wrote: »
    Might take a while with only 1.3% of the nations population being African.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Ethnic_groups
    This data is from 2016 and only counts people who actually filled in the cencus form.

Anyone who's actually stepped left their house for a prolonged period of time would probably have to be insane to believe that it's 1.3%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

KevRossi wrote: »
    She doesn't even know what condition he had and still hasn't found out from his family over 24 hours later.

Odd.

It just seems like incoherent rambling to me.....is this person an actual doctor/does she have a phD?

I hope she writes a thesis/research paper with higher level of coherence than she speaks in that video....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I still can't for the life of me understand why people are turning this into a race war which has absolutely nothing to do with it.....

Suppose the shooting the knife or having the knife in front of the courts sounds more reasonable to these folk.....

I really don't want to see Ireland turn into the UK or USA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Strumms wrote: »
    Wonder if Michael Finucane knows two of the cornerstones of human rights are...

No Unfair Detainment.
    Nobody has the right to put you in prison without good reason and keep you there. Same goes for Spar and Centra.

Freedom of movement
    Care about your freedoms but it’s ok to lock people up and terrorize them in a shop...

^ this is what we are importing.

anyone who votes for that disgrace of a party in Dublin West, or anywhere else for that matter, ought to have the scales fall from their eyes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf we also have a tiny percentage of the guards that London would have had, so having less potential troublemakers doesn't really matter as we can't control it if it does go to sh1t.

Yep ,Sadly looks like we will have to move away from the softly softly consent approach of policing.

Recruitment will have to change. 5ft Mary 2 stone overweight or 5 foot 3 Sean and 9 stone wringing wet will not cut it against 6 foot 3 athletic teenagers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

drogon. wrote: »
    Saw some videos being sent around about the protest. One has them screaming, "No justice, No peace"

Are they serious ? GSOC is investigating the incident and everything will be released in due course. Sounds like they are just stirring this stuff, claiming things are as bad as it is in the US.

Also would like to know, how many of the kids protesting today, their parents came over here claiming asylum. I would say a good 70% or more, they have been given a good life here with housing etc provided and now they chant, "No justice, No peace" ?

Should be "No perspective, No cop on".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Can anyone explain why there hasn't been public uproar about Irish people literally being locked inside a shop for their own safety, while a gang outside the shop shout racist abuse at them through the shutter?

Can anyone explain why *THAT* isn't the story of racism from this event?

I feel like I'm going insane. What has happened to this country?

The people in the shop had white privilege. It's basically like an invisible protective force field that deflects physical harm, verbal abuse and racism. So they were grand.

• Advertisement

All seems to have quietened down anyway for tonight.
    'protesters' must be all hitting the hay for work tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

amacca wrote: »
    It just seems like incoherent rambling to me.....is this person an actual doctor/does she have a phD?

I hope she writes a thesis/research paper with higher level of coherence than she speaks in that video....

She came in illegally, was then given education at UCD whom then took her on and is now teaching her rambling rubbish there....

She is even using all this to push for book sales ....

Very very dangerous woman spouting vile dangerous rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I still can't for the life of me understand why people are turning this into a race war which has absolutely nothing to do with it.....

Suppose the shooting the knife or having the knife in front of the courts sounds more reasonable to these folk.....

Everything has to follow the trends of other more influential countries. We wouldn't want to be only only uncool kid in the international community that isn't oppressing people based on their skin colour now would we?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Can anyone explain why there hasn't been public uproar about Irish people literally being locked inside a shop for their own safety, while a gang outside the shop shout racist abuse at them through the shutter?

Can anyone explain why *THAT* isn't the story of racism from this event?

I feel like I'm going insane. What has happened to this country?

The roles are reversed and it's black people in the shop with white thugs outside threatening to kill them and racially abusing them and it's wall to wall coverage.

I've spoke before about just how dangerous the whole BLM movement is and the narrative it's creating on young impressionable black youths that all white people are racist and bad. It's utterly insane and is going to create massive problems in the future that will be impossible to role back from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Where are the African apologists Necro, Pawned Rig and Beasty who handed out one month bans for merely hinting that these types aren't "Dublin men"?

https:// touch.boards.ie/thread/2058143876/1/#post115705370

Only liberals have a 5 figure post count here.
    Worse thing reregs can do is not close their old account to artificially make boards look better than it really is.

I can see what is going on in this case is not right but go away with your horrible, stinking racist agenda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Change the narrative, get information out there about his mental health. This stuff is dangerous.

https://streamable.com/b3qn67

Mental health is something close to my heart. Have had friends take their own lives and have seen a family member lapse into psychosis more than once.

It is not a political prop. Ebun Joseph can get stuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭drogon.

Anyone know if the 28 year old had a job ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭PearseCork92

He worked in Blanchardstown library I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

eviltwin wrote: »
    Yeah but the shop is nowhere near the Garda station. Just seems a strange place to focus when it’s the guards they say are responsible.

You missed the point, they were blaming the shop staff for calling the guards, as in if they'd said nothing about the vicious assault, he'd still be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭celt262

Still a thug either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

The Nigerian people of Hartstown have turne dit to this

One of the few communities in Ireland who made ZERO efforts to integrate into Irish culture

We are an open bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭amacca

She came in illegally, was then given education at UCD whom then took her on and is now teaching her rambling rubbish there....

She is even using all this to push for book sales ....

Very very dangerous woman spouting vile dangerous rubbish.

Oh....do you happen to know what she qualified in? ....based on that video it's hard to believe she's an academic of any standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

I don't think any police force fire warning shots. Too much potential for trouble. A ricochet can hurt anyone in the vicinity. A shot in the air can land anywhere. There have been deaths from guns shot in the air at celebrations and the falling bullets killing people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-14616491

I shoot a bit and even a .22 can travel over a Km and still penetrate.

From what I understand the police/Gardai issue verbal commands. The video posted earlier of the police in Georgia is a good example. Also the 21 foot rule is spot on. If he was shot in the back it may have been to potentially save the lives of people in the house who might have been in danger.

Years back when I trained a bit in martial arts the teacher would give one student a blue marker as a knife and another a purple teeshirt. Soon see how many marks even the fellas who thought they were Bruce Lee had on their shirts. I'd rather be shot than stabbed or slashed tbh.

Blue and purple ? No idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

bilbot79 wrote: »
    I agree it's misplaced. George Floyd was already subdued when he was killed and the event was backed up by centuries of systemic racism in the USA.
    ehh ... systemic racism ? believe it or not doesn't exist either in the USA - maybe in the past, but certainly not today.
    GF killing was police brutality pure and simple, nothing to do with race ...
    This has nothing to do with race at all. If the perpetrator was a white trash scumbag from Darndale the outcome would have been the same.
    Got it in one ....

The expectation of the protestors is unwittingly to introduce discrimination in favour of certain creeds. 'Shoot who you like once they are white but not if they are black because Black Lives Matter
    Agreed ...
    The difference between BLM here and BLM in the US is that policemen do treat black people worse however in Ireland I can't see any mounting evidence that black criminals are treated worse than white criminals.

eh ... no , wrong again ... apply the same logic from Ireland to the US and you'll be closer to the truth ...
    This was not a matter of race it was a matter of life and death (depending on what the investigation concludes)

Correct ...

You give me hope, you are almost awake to the bull**** BLM is , just apply it to the US the same way you do to this incident ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

givyjoe wrote: »
    You missed the point, they were blaming the shop staff for calling the guards, as in if they'd said nothing about the vicious assault, he'd still be alive.

Jesus....absolute morons!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Change the narrative, get information out there about his mental health. This stuff is dangerous.

https://streamable.com/b3qn67

I don't think I've ever heard someone speak for two minutes and convey no information and get absolutely no point across. She's always quick enough to pull the race card when it suits her, but scratch beneath the surface and there is ZERO substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He worked in Blanchardstown library I understand.

I feel news articles would have mentioned if he was employed somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

amacca wrote: »
    Oh....do you happen to know what she qualified in? ....based on that video it's hard to believe she's an academic of any standing.

Equality Studies I sh1t you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Saw some videos being sent around about the protest. One has them screaming, "No justice, No peace"

Serious topic but a comment I saw on Reddit gave a little giggle about the chanting at Spar:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Time to round them up and send back to the third world ****hole they're trying to turn Ireland into.

Mod: Banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement