Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New tv for series x

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Got screwed over by Sony who sat on my deposit for 75” xh9005 120hz tv, got refunded, wasted weeks waiting, same tv seems 250 euro more too in other retailers, out of stock in many places

Looking at Samsung 75” q70t now

Was my fear with two different stores, didn't have it in stock but would order if I paid a 20% deposit, wouldn't tell me how long it would take, didn't do it, just waiting for the after Christmas sales at this stage is say

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

I currently have an LG 55" B9 Connected to my Series X - Which is excellent BTW.

I am looking to upgrade to a 65 Inch...

Does anyone know if the Samsung Q95T is as good or on par with OLED?

My budget is around 2k.... Looking at the LG CX but its just outside of my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Beg borrow and steal to get the CX

Did you try richer sounds? They are willing to negotiate sometimes. January sales might also help. It would be worth waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭druss

I currently have an LG 55" B9 Connected to my Series X - Which is excellent BTW.

I am looking to upgrade to a 65 Inch...

Does anyone know if the Samsung Q95T is as good or on par with OLED?

My budget is around 2k.... Looking at the LG CX but its just outside of my budget.

I have the 65 inch version of the Samsung Q95T for a week now and I love it. My realm of comparison is moving from a 2018 OLED mid-range Panasonic and it blows that out of the water, especially in gaming performance.

But of course that isn't comparing like with like. I was tracking the LG CX and the Samsung Q95 into Black Friday. For a while, Samsung was almost €200 more expensive. CX went under €2000 first and HN were including a free pair of pods with it. I was leaning that way, until Samsung went to €1950 with free soundbar.

I misseed both special offers, and by then CX was either out of stock or a good bit more expensive. In short, I'd see it as entirely possible that the CX would dip again in New Year sales and reviews would generally have the LG as having the better picture and as being the more flexible option overall. But not by a huge ammount.

I went Samsung as my room is quite bright in daytime conditions and QLED is supposedly better in that scenario. I also really like the cable setup on the Samsung. And it was in stock.

In your case, maybe wait till New Year and check then?

Hey, thanks for that.

At the mo the Q95 is at 1999 with harveys, I might go in store and see what is it like.

Deep down its the LG CX I am drawn too if it went under 2k. Just something about oled, just a pity Samsung TV's didn't have dolby vision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭druss

Hey, thanks for that.

At the mo the Q95 is at 1999 with harveys, I might go in store and see what is it like.

Deep down its the LG CX I am drawn too if it went under 2k. Just something about oled, just a pity Samsung TV's didn't have dolby vision

I was kind of the opposite, in that I was slightly more drawn to the Samsung for the afore mentioned reasons and for app support. The latter is a bit stupid as I can replicate the app support with a Firestick etc, but I saw the LG 2020 tvs didn't have most of the UK and Irish tv apps approved.

I didn't get to test them before hand, I just bought online. If you get a chance, testing in person is a much better option for sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

At this late stage, I think that you might be better off waiting a year and trying to pick up the C1 in the Black Friday sales. While the CX is a great screen (the best out there at the moment, with the best HDMI 2.1 support), it's still the first year model that they've supported all those features. A C1 will presumably have all the learnings that they've made over the last year of supporting the CX.

druss wrote: »
    I was kind of the opposite, in that I was slightly more drawn to the Samsung for the afore mentioned reasons and for app support. The latter is a bit stupid as I can replicate the app support with a Firestick etc, but I saw the LG 2020 tvs didn't have most of the UK and Irish tv apps approved.

I didn't get to test them before hand, I just bought online. If you get a chance, testing in person is a much better option for sure.

So ended up purchasing LG 65 CX for 1999 at HN.
    Will be collecting over the coming days.

Will be selling my 55 LG B9 with 4 yr warranty left if anyone looking for a tv for their Xbox/Ps5

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Crack appeared in my panasonic plasma last night, could probably get away with it for another few weeks, local shop has the CX55 in stock for €1399.....tempted to just get it this morning....what say ye, it's been paired with a series X..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Crack appeared in my panasonic plasma last night, could probably get away with it for another few weeks, local shop has the CX55 in stock for €1399.....tempted to just get it this morning....what say ye, it's been paired with a series X..

Nice little xmas pressie for yourself. All things considered you won't get a better gaming TV right now. Only real downside is pixel wear/burn in potential - different to how plasma burned in so worth being aware. There are other issues with audio codecs and catchup apps but really not relevant to the majority of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

This is my setup. It is INSANE. Just Do it. You wont regret it. You might get another hundred off in January sales if that matters much to you, but absolutely no qualms about the TV itself. Even the TV interface / menu systems, with the magic remote is very slick, once you get used to pointing the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

On the way for it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I caved and went with the 55"CX too, used the xmas bonus from work and really it out cost me about 300 of my own money XD

(anything to justify it to the missus)

Now to get it set up

All I can say is OMFG

LG 65 CX married with a Series X @ 120hz

For once something good has happened this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Hococop wrote: »
    Unfortunately the LG 49NANO866NA wasn't in stock when the deal was on for me, (they could order In but have had bad experience before) and price is back up, is my best bet to wait for after Christmas sales or if anyone can recommend another tv for around that price (800-1k) it would be appreciated

This is now 650 in littlewoods. Nabbed it myself this morning.

recyclops wrote: »

Thanks was hoping for the 55 but out of stock, was looking at this the last few days just not sure what to get, I know the lg cx is probably the one but just too expensive for me ( https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/sony-bravia-kd55xh9296bu-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-with-google-assistant-10208446-pdt.html?from=kelkoo&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5vb-BRCRARIsAJBKc6KnIWr0G5AyNjlR_T8vAj2Q-9EJxteD4m6caEfas5zaiwNeIHaSUnYaApEREALw_wcB)

There’s always the LG 55 BX if it’s in your price range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I see someone mentioned the air remotes. Personally I don't like them. Is it only the LGs that have them?

See it on offer for 1250 but just not sure, originally happy to spend the 750 on the lg nano one, then happy to got to the 1000 mark just not sure I want to go higher again, I get the idea of not going cheap but don't want to end up paying way more than I originally planned

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

beauf wrote: »
    I see someone mentioned the air remotes. Personally I don't like them. Is it only the LGs that have them?

It's optional to use that feature. I am on my second LG Tv with that air remote feature and I never use it. Just go through settings like a normal remote using arrow keys, enter and back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced bedroom TV for an Xbox Series X? 24" to 27"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

What's the difference between CX Bx and Nano cell..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You wrote them out in the order of best CX > BX and BX > NanoCell.

I have a HDMI 2.1 NanoCell and find it great but it is not a true 10bit display just 8bit with FRC. I used to have a NanoIPS LG Tv but I sold it. It is the same as my new one except it does not have HDMI 2.1 so no 120Hz or adaptive sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

BX has the older processor, youd need to find a review or two so see what that means in real world features.

The Nanos are mid range LCDs, not as good as Sony and Samsungs that they're supposed to compete (nowhere near the OLEDs) with and the price reflects this.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

recyclops wrote: »

Got this yesterday aswell looking forward to getting it delivered

Yeh I got 75” Samsung q70 few days before Xmas, it’s massive and bright, next day delivery from local store

Has 120hz, hdmi 2.1, vrr etc, no Dolby vision but hdr, on spec has very low response times lower than Sony I wanted

Even playing older Xbox one games is a treat, assassins creed origins is gorgeous for a 2 year game I am replaying, cyberpunk on PS4 was horrible tho what a glitchy game/console can see frame rate slow to single digits.

All in all very happy for 1700 for delivery and bracket to hold it on wall, I didn’t want smaller as family watches fair amount Netflix etc

Cheers, honestly from all I've read here and elsewhere seems like the lg cx is the way to go, 1450 atm for the 55" but hoping it might go to 1200 down the line

Cheers, honestly from all I've read here and elsewhere seems like the lg cx is the way to go, 1450 atm for the 55" but hoping it might go to 1200 down the line

I don’t think the CX will ever go to 1200 even next year. That would be the BX’s price territory. At the mo it’s as cheap as they will get. Once the C1 is out they’ll be all gone off the shelves.

I don’t think the CX will ever go to 1200 even next year. That would be the BX’s price territory. At the mo it’s as cheap as they will get. Once the C1 is out they’ll be all gone off the shelves.

Cheers, just hard for me to justify paying it but looks like I won't have a choice

Cheers, just hard for me to justify paying it but looks like I won't have a choice

Absolutely nothing wrong with the BX. I had the B9 and it was an amazing tv. Only got the CX as it came under my budget.

• Advertisement

Absolutely nothing wrong with the BX. I had the B9 and it was an amazing tv. Only got the CX as it came under my budget.

Yeah looking at comparison to the bx vs cx and not much in the difference

Advertisement