Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

New tv for series x

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭Flaccus

My LG 48CX from Harvey Normans comes with a 5 year guarantee. But the guarantee card says UK only. Queried it with customer service who said to register it online with LG. Did that, and of course LG site says 1 year manufacturers warranty when I entered my serial number. So who provides this 5 years guarantee. LG or Harvey's. I'm well aware of the law and Irish consumers having up to 6 years to effect a warranty claim. Just want to know who is standing behind this 5 year guarantee. Have queries it with Harvey Normans again.

Meanwhile still looking for an Xbox Series X in Limerick area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭brady12

Flaccus wrote: »
    My LG 48CX from Harvey Normans comes with a 5 year guarantee. But the guarantee card says UK only. Queried it with customer service who said to register it online with LG. Did that, and of course LG site says 1 year manufacturers warranty when I entered my serial number. So who provides this 5 years guarantee. LG or Harvey's. I'm well aware of the law and Irish consumers having up to 6 years to effect a warranty claim. Just want to know who is standing behind this 5 year guarantee. Have queries it with Harvey Normans again.

Has the 48cx same features & performance as the 55CX + and higher size TVs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

brady12 wrote: »
    Has the 48cx same features & performance as the 55CX + and higher size TVs ?

It does yea.

It does yea.

I don't where I read before that lose some of the performance or 4K TVs if go below 55 inch . Must be mistaken . Got approved for €1500 finance in Harvey Norman so dont know will I act on it now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I don't where I read before that lose some of the performance or 4K TVs if go below 55 inch . Must be mistaken . Got approved for €1500 finance in Harvey Norman so dont know will I act on it now

It's not so much that it being sub 55 means anything, but a lot of manufactures will within a range of TVs uses different panels or might just have rebadged another model with some differences to make the smaller ones.

The LG OLED are fine right now and are all the same within a range. LG have PC monitors listed on the roadmap for smaller sizes, and those are meant to be using display they buy in which might differ.

It's really TV by TV, and there can be multiple differences within a line.

The smaller TV could be last years version with a new housing, while the larger version could differ by LCD panel type (VA, IPS) or there might be more dimming zones on the larger ones but the middle one has the larger number of zones but being smaller it's denser.

https://www.rtings.com/

The reviews on here make note of differences between models in a range and between the sizes and counties, as well as any unique models to a region or shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Irish consumer rights and a manufacturers warranty are in no way related.

That warranty you have is with LG. Your contract of sale is with the retailer (although they'll try to hide behind the warranty and fob you off to LG). If you get image retention/pixel wear/burn-in outside of a year, LG won't cover you under their warranty (they will fix is for £250 though, nice chaps!).

This matters not as your purchase has to be fit for purpose and reasonably durable under Irish consumer law so if it goes faulty inside an unreasonably short timeframe (<5 years imo) you can most certainly claim for redress from the retailer. You may have to push to the small claims court to do so.

Harvey's got back to me after emailing the LG rep. The 5 year extended warranty is with them (LG). And don't even have to register. Good to know in case something goes wrong within the time as going the small claims route after the shop fob you off is a pain.

The 48 and 55 have identical features. Got the 48 as I use it as my daily monitor for work.

Some do but it's not a rule, in fact I'd say it's a small minority. For example, I know Sony have not put their wide view filter on some smaller high end LCDs in the past - and in that case I'd prefer that option for better dark performance

The 48 and 55 have identical features. Got the 48 as I use it as my daily monitor for work.

Iv had 40s in my room
    For last 15 years I know 48s & 55s are same money prob still go for the 48 55 be over kill I think

• Advertisement

Iv had 40s in my room
    For last 15 years I know 48s & 55s are same money prob still go for the 48 55 be over kill I think

This is what the 48 looks like set up on the table for work. Put it on a glass riser so can throw the laptop underneath. With the hdmi input assigned to PC, it does proper 4:4:4 chroma so quite useful as a monitor. I have to run windows text at 150% though. I hide the desktop icons and taskbar, and shift the wallpaper every 10 minutes with screen saver kicking in after 30 minutes. Want to avoid burn in for as long as possible. Hoping I will get an Xbox Series X soon. I'd say the TV sound is good enough for gaming at a few feet..

This is what the 48 looks like set up on the table for work. Put it on a glass riser so can throw the laptop underneath. With the hdmi input assigned to PC, it does proper 4:4:4 chroma so quite useful as a monitor. I have to run windows text at 150% though. I hide the desktop icons and taskbar, and shift the wallpaper every 10 minutes with screen saver kicking in after 30 minutes. Want to avoid burn in for as long as possible. Hoping I will get an Xbox Series X soon. I'd say the TV sound is good enough for gaming at a few feet..

I would change your windows theme (or whatever it's called). Reds (and Yellows) are the worst thing you can have repeatedly appearing in the same position on an OLED screen. That File Explorer window is asking for trouble.

theteal wrote: »
    I would change your windows theme (or whatever it's called). Reds (and Yellows) are the worst thing you can have repeatedly appearing in the same position on an OLED screen. That File Explorer window is asking for trouble.

As I said above the wallpaper changes every 10 minutes as does the colors used for the theme. I have 100 plus city wallpapers so nothing stays the same for more then 10 minutes. See example of what it just changed to. I don't see how burn in could occur. Regarding the file explorer window, how do you suggest I navigate the windows file system ? I only open it when I need it and I rarely have any windows open for a long time. That was just an example of PC usage.

As I said above the wallpaper changes every 10 minutes as does the colors used for the theme. I have 100 plus city wallpapers so nothing stays the same for more then 10 minutes. See example of what it just changed to. I don't see how burn in could occur. Regarding the file explorer window, how do you suggest I navigate the windows file system ? I only open it when I need it and I rarely have any windows open for a long time. That was just an example of PC usage.

Apologies if my comment wasn't clear but I'm solely talking about the red of that file explorer window, not that you shouldn't use file explorer. Repeated appearance of that red bar in that position will eventually wear those pixels

theteal wrote: »
    Apologies if my comment wasn't clear but I'm solely talking about the red of that file explorer window, not that you shouldn't use file explorer. Repeated appearance of that red bar in that position will eventually wear those pixels

Gotcha. Yeah I have it changed now to black. Good catch.

Just went from a 13 year old Samsung or LG CX 48-holy f**k. Just booted up days gone & outriders . WOW

Just went from a 13 year old Samsung or LG CX 48-holy f**k. Just booted up days gone & outriders . WOW

Ha I remember the feeling. I went from a very similarly aged 32" Samsung 720P that in truth I was very happy with to a 58" DX902 a few years ago. The picture is so good that it looks almost 3D at first :eek:

Can any LG or CX owners suggest good head phones for watching TV ( not gaming )with a LG CX . Mostly for watching matches . I have good headsets for consoles. Not really right place to ask but I trust yer opinions ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I got a pair of wireless ear buds with the LG OLED when I bought it. It came with good reviews. Never even taken them out of the box. I'll find the name of them this evening.

As mentioned, These came "free" with my LG CX... also LG. they get good reviews. I havent tried them yet. Still in a box.
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/lg-fn6-tone-free-wireless-earbuds-black.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

If anyone is after a Sony X900h let me know, great tv but some good fortune has meant that a CX65 is coming my way.

Muppet Man wrote: »
    As mentioned, These came "free" with my LG CX... also LG. they get good reviews. I havent tried them yet. Still in a box.
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/lg-fn6-tone-free-wireless-earbuds-black.html
    Earphones be better then ear buds though for watching matches etc?

Earphones be better then ear buds though for watching matches etc?

Probably. I use a Turtle Beach headset for gaming which is very comfortable, and a sound bar for watching TV. I really must try those ear buds though based on reviews.

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Probably. I use a Turtle Beach headset for gaming which is very comfortable, and a sound bar for watching TV. I really must try those ear buds though based on reviews.

Ya Iv pulse headset for ps5 & steelseries 7x for series x/ switch pity the latter doesn't work with TVs cos he perfect for watching matches very good sound quality .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

X900h on adverts if anyone is interested ill knock a few quid off for a serious buyer

http://www.adverts.ie/24170301

For those with an LG CX are you using your Xbox Series X in Game mode or are you using PC Mode (which forces Chroma 4:4:4 subsampling) ?

Advertisement