Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Call Saul ***Spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

human 19 wrote: »
    Are they still married in Breaking Bad? Im looking forward to seeing how he picks the dingy office he ended up in. Also curious to see how he will look after his problem in the present . I would love it if the final scene of the series was Walter walking into his office for the first time, and...cut.

No mention of Kim or any wife in Breaking Bad, so what happens to Kim is completely up in the air. I doubt the final scene will be Walt walking into his office. It's something we've already seen and not that dramatic a moment. A nice throwback and maybe might be featured in the last episode, the last shot of Saul from the past or something. But I'd say it's more likely the final shot will be to do with present-day Gene

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭Tork

The showrunners here aren't David Lynch so I expect they'll tie this up nicely. Breaking Bad ended well - that's why El Camino felt like an unnecessary epilogue. I expect that they'll move into the future and resolve Gene's story. Those flash-forwards have been at the start of every season so it'd be a fitting book-end to the series if it ends in that timeline.

It won't bother me if we never get to see Walter White or Jesse in this. It would've detracted from it in the early seasons. Now the show is standing so well on its own two feet, with its own identity, it would be a bit of a cheap gag. I've enjoyed seeing other characters from BB showing up here but I can't see how Walt and Jesse would fit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5.10: WOW! Absolute Scenes there with Lalo! Oh, there is gonna be a reckonin!

Kim.. yeah.. now it looks like she's gonna dig herself into a bad hole and Jimmy will be stuck there watching it .. unable to stop it.. thinking he's somehow responsible for it.. Could she go overboard on Howard and he kills her.. could it be Lalo.. I dunno.

Finally got around to finishing this. I'm kinda bored. Lalo is great. That's about it. Found myself checking out mentally whenever Kim and Saul are talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ah!

So only 10 episodes in season 5 then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Binged watched season 5 over the last three nights and it’s probably the strongest season for me, let down by an awful ending.

I mean the ending was piss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Binged watched this lately. His brother dying was the best thing to happen to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Penfailed

adox wrote: »
    I mean the ending was piss poor.

Remind me what the ending was? I can't remember what happened...but I also can't remember thinking it was piss poor.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Penfailed wrote: »
    Remind me what the ending was? I can't remember what happened...but I also can't remember thinking it was piss poor.

He kicked the lantern and set himself on fire - episode called Lantern.

Edit just realised you were referring to season 5 not 3 sorry.
    First thing that came to mind when another poster said crap ending.

Season 5 ending:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Penfailed wrote: »

The assassination attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭ISOP

yeah, big let down, "best in the business" they were totally incompetent hitmen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

You're not wrong, but I didn't let that bother me. Breaking Bad wasn't so different - both shows are meticulous in their presentation and planning, but both take fair liberties with conveniences for the sake of compelling TV.

There are very, very few shows out there - including the absolute best going - that don't lean on improbabilities, cliches, tropes, remarkable repeat coincidences/instances of luck, etc, to drive the plot.

As long as they're generally airtight outside of these acceptable but not too over-used narrative prods....fine by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Didn't bother me to be honest.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so how much of the last season had they shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

Any update

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Any update

Final season to be shown entirely over Instagram stories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭memorystick

Final season to be shown entirely over Instagram stories

Not on that. Is it the best tv series ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not on that. Is it the best tv series ever?

I'm hearing late summer 2027.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

The inside word is that Skyler is gonna run into money problems and she is going to start cooking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Logo

I really enjoyed Better Call Saul seasons 1 & 2 and was hoping to watch seasons 4 & 5 over Christmas. I've tried a few shops for the DVDs but had no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on where available. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

All seasons are on Netflix - you could probably get to watch it all during the free trial

greendom wrote: »
    All seasons are on Netflix - you could probably get to watch it all during the free trial

Thanks for that - watched it on satellite - I'm not on Netflix and no free trial available either:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Logo wrote: »
    Thanks for that - watched it on satellite - I'm not on Netflix and no free trial available either:(

Sign up for a Revolut or N26 card, and use that with a different email to get a free month of Netflix as well as any other streaming service you want

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I really enjoyed Better Call Saul seasons 1 & 2 and was hoping to watch seasons 4 & 5 over Christmas. I've tried a few shops for the DVDs but had no luck. Does anyone have any ideas on where available. Thanks

Are you just going to skip season 3 like a maniac?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Television - their charter now applies. the DVDs concerned are available on Amazon.co.uk incidentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Anyone know if 6 is coming anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Surely if you were willing to buy a dvd, the months subscription would be same price & cancel before the month is up?

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Surely if you were willing to buy a dvd, the months subscription would be same price & cancel before the month is up?

Fair point. I'm from the time of television and every day online is a school day:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

So you're going to spend maybe €50+ on dvds rather a tenner for a months subscription? :confused:

Advertisement