Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 15 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Leinster90

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That defence is asking for trouble over Christmas really, rotation is gonna kill you, anywhere you can get another starter?

I know, with so many goals flying in this season though, I’m deciding to throw caution to the wind and go all-out attack. I’ll try to patch up the defence a little bit with my FT next week.

I’m also eyeing up Richarlison as a long-term option, especially if DCL’s clod streak continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Leinster90 wrote: »
    Just leveraged the mortgage to get Salah in as I couldnt face dropping any of my other players. I had 2 FTs and over 2m in the bank(for one week only, was waiting to make big moves).

Out: Patricio, Chilwell, Zaha
    In: McCarthy, Alioski, Salah

Team is now:

McCarthy(Forster)

Alioski, Lamptey, KWP (Mitchell, Bernardo)

Fernandes, Grealish, Son, Salah (Soucek)

Kane, DCL, Bamford

Am thinking of shipping Lamptey out for Coufal next week as Lamptey has been injured. Would appreciate any feedback/tips on my next move.

I have a very similar front 7 to above, with exception of wilson for bamford, and KDB for Fernandes.

I am thinking of getting Kane out and Fernandes in and go 3 5 2, thoughts? Been thinking that for a while, but obviously Brunos performance yesterday is making me think even harder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I have a very similar front 7 to above, with exception of wilson for bamford, and KDB for Fernandes.

I am thinking of getting Kane out and Fernandes in and go 3 5 2, thoughts? Been thinking that for a while, but obviously Brunos performance yesterday is making me think even harder...

I have that front 7 without son essentially and that's my move is somehow get son in alongside this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    You gotta keep one more week really. We've just had a team xG of 2.82, scored 3 goals and face a team who just had 7 put past them next.

I've been saying that about Watkins too long unfortunately. He's blanked ina last 5 of BRI, whu, wol, BUR, wba. Villa have only scores 6 in that run of 5 games, and I suspect Palace will be all out defence after shipping 7. I have Grealish anyway, don't want to be doubling up on a team struggling to score.

Adams or Antonio to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've been saying that about Watkins too long unfortunately. He's blanked ina last 5 of BRI, whu, wol, BUR, wba. Villa have only scores 6 in that run of 5 games, and I suspect Palace will be all out defence after shipping 7. I have Grealish anyway, don't want to be doubling up on a team struggling to score.

Adams or Antonio to replace him

Villa have amassed 9.86 xG in those 5 games you referenced. Only scored 6 goals.

Watkins has had a peno harshly varred away from him, missed a peno, and had 2 incredibly close offside goals varred out.

I think you’ve been incredibly unlucky rather than making a poor decision on having him in your team.

Im a recent Adams owner who has reaped a bit of reward from it since signing for Sheff United game, but I’d have taken Watkins instead only for my already having 3 villa players with the 2 keepers and Grealish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Dearg81 wrote: »
    There's a good chance of Stones not playing the Newcastle game. Pep likes to rotate for the easy home games especially with Everton away a couple of days later.

I wonder for 4.8 though if the price is right. If it was someone like Taylor we were talking about for 4.4 would we be dismissing him as an option because he might be rested every so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    I wonder for 4.8 though if the price is right. If it was someone like Taylor we were talking about for 4.4 would we be dismissing him as an option because he might be rested every so often?

Probably a factor in my case I'm looking at replacing Mitchell who is not playing anyway. So as a risk reward it looks like a huge upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2 FT and 0.5m in the bank.

Happy enough with my front 8....time to sort out defence after weeks of neglect.

Will keep Robertson, Chilwell and Taylor but time is up for Lamptey and Mitchell.

Stones would be a nice option but leaves me short on the second transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

What are Kilman owners doing now? Think he's back in the side, or Marcal straight back in for the Spurs game?

Need to shore up my defence with Chilwell out. Also have Neco Williams who's unlikely to play but would have more to spend if I replaced Kilman instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What are Kilman owners doing now? Think he's back in the side, or Marcal straight back in for the Spurs game?

Need to shore up my defence with Chilwell out. Also have Neco Williams who's unlikely to play but would have more to spend if I replaced Kilman instead.

A West Ham double up looks good to me.

I’m looking a Cresswell as a Chilwell replacement (have Coufal).. and will add Trent for Telles.

Not sure whether that is worth a -4 this week.. both have Brighton & West Brom at home this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just looked. Can do a -8 of

Alex Telles, Chilwell & Mahrez to

Trent, Robbo & a 6.4m mid .... Bowen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Happy enough with my team for this week so will bank...
    Have a eye on GW 18 but wont go to mad will probably have 7-8 playing and FH Gw19....

This week's issue is start
    McCarthy v Fulham or
    Martinez v Palace

Taughts please

Salah (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

2 FTs

looking at
    Reece James to Dias
    Ederson to a budget keeper, likely McCarthy or Messlier.

Abraham is on the radar. Wilson to Abraham and chilwell to Dias maybe.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Abraham is on the radar. Wilson to Abraham and chilwell to Dias maybe.

Chilwell news has annoyed me. Had all sorts of elaborate son plans for their good fixtures now I'll have to decide whether to go premium defence like TAA or Robbo or just slum it and find a premium striker / midfielder. Hopefully price changes are kind as I'm not used to getting this far in fpl and I need time to think ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Have a super bench to deputise for Chilwell next week if needed (Bednarek v Fulham or Coufal V Brighton). Think I'll hold and see if there's more news. Pity the games come so fast this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

KDB out and Salah in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

CSWS101 wrote: »
    KDB out and Salah in?

Get Salah in absolutely but I think selling KDB before Newcastle could be a mistake.

Yes he hasn't been on form lately but could be that sort of game City could put 6 past them.

Any other way to get Salah in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Get Salah in absolutely but I think selling KDB before Newcastle could be a mistake.

Yes he hasn't been on form lately but could be that sort of game City could put 6 past them.

I did KDB to Salah to avoid Salah's price rice but I'm kinda regretting it now. Leeds ripped Newcastle apart and City will probably do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Did Lamptey to Dallas last night before the price rise.

Considering whether I should take a -4 hit to get rid of Mahrez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I might bank. Recently buffed bench can cover a Chilwell miss. Surely Mahrez plays, riiiiight?????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No word on Chilwell yet no???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

CSWS101 wrote: »
    KDB out and Salah in?

In a bit of a similar situation really don't want to get rid of Bruno or KDB this week for Salah

My only way in is

Chillwell - Dallas ( Sets up for DGW19)
    Vardy - Adams (Sets up for DGW19)
    Zaha - Salah(C)

Would be a -8

I could just take a -4 and Do Vardy/Zaha but would leave me with a Konsa/Kilman 3rd defender so could only be fielding 10 if I do that

Only reason i'm hesitant is because of the LMS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No word on Chilwell yet no???

Haven't seen anything but he is due to drop tonight for anyone who is transferring him out and needs the $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 15,169 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm in between 2 minds for this week's transfers. Basically go a straight swap for 2 weeks and back again, or else move in a player for the mid-long term with a small eye on the DGW

option 1) switch Neto for a Leeds midfielder for a couple of weeks, to avoid Wolves tricky run and Leeds have some games where they could see a couple of goals.

option 2) Zouma -> Matip. Chelsea's defensive fixtures turn a small bit and I like Liverpool's defensive fixtures, including a DGW. Ideally, I would bring in TAA or Robbo but I need the cash to upgrade DCL -> Aguero in GW16 to have a City triple up for GW18. DCL fixture's turn so I'll be selling him but the replacement options are a bit limited I think, with only someone like Bamford having decent fixtures around the BGW/DGWs.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'm in between 2 minds for this week's transfers. Basically go a straight swap for 2 weeks and back again, or else move in a player for the mid-long term with a small eye on the DGW

option 1) switch Neto for a Leeds midfielder for a couple of weeks, to avoid Wolves tricky run and Leeds have some games where they could see a couple of goals.

option 2) Zouma -> Matip. Chelsea's defensive fixtures turn a small bit and I like Liverpool's defensive fixtures, including a DGW. Ideally, I would bring in TAA or Robbo but I need the cash to upgrade DCL -> Aguero in GW16 to have a City triple up for GW18. DCL fixture's turn so I'll be selling him but the replacement options are a bit limited I think, with only someone like Bamford having decent fixtures around the BGW/DGWs.

Any opinions?

Matip is an injury risk and has even been rotated a couple of times when Liverpool have had 3 games in a week. You will probably get both of the DGW out of him given the spacing of the fixtures, but I'd advise having a playing sub in the other GWs!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Fitz* wrote: »
    but I need the cash to upgrade DCL -> Aguero in GW16 to have a City triple up for GW18.

Any opinions?

You need cash, to buy a injury prone player who hasn't played a full game in the league this season, who has struggled to make squads even when supposedly back from injury and who costs 10.3m, so that you can triple up for GW18??

The same lad whose contract is up by the end of the season, who is free to talk/sign with oversea clubs from 1 January and who won't want to break down and get any sort of long lasting injury before anything is signed?

I think that's the biggest gamble right there based on his current non existing form. Might as well plan to bring in Auba - at least he's played 90 mins most games this season.

I'll need another hit to get rid of Lampety or Chilwell.

I may opt to get rid of Wilson instead . He could easily be rested against City

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    I may opt to get rid of Wilson instead . He could easily be rested against City

He's looked lively enough tonight - and should have scored, if they lose hard to see him rested as their be a backlash

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He's looked lively enough tonight - and should have scored

Yeah, just think Bruce could see City as a write off and give him a rest. Might just bench him for Soucek though

Advertisement