Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

grogi wrote: »
    If they are recognized by Hue Bridge, they behave like any other switch/bulb by Philips - so can be controller by any voice assistant that supports Hue.

Not true. When you ask Alexa to change the colour of one of these it says ''bulb doesnt support that'' and Homekit/Siri wont even look at them

Grand to fill some blind spots. Handy that you can add them to your switch/tap set up. Yes, colours arent very strong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any idea if these bulbs will work with the IKEA gateway?

Edit - https://www.reddit.com/r/tradfri/comments/k3iasp/lidl_smart_home_zigbee_30/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

kaerobe wrote: »
    Not true. When you ask Alexa to change the colour of one of these it says ''bulb doesnt support that'' and Homekit/Siri wont even look at them

Grand to fill some blind spots. Handy that you can add them to your switch/tap set up. Yes, colours arent very strong

Are they compatible with the Hue App scenes?
    Don’t really use Alexa for colour changing and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Soarer wrote: »
    Are they compatible with the Hue App scenes?
    Don’t really use Alexa for colour changing and stuff.

Yes they seem to be fully compatible with scenes which can be controlled by hue hardware like remotes/switches but cant be imported into homekit scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

kaerobe wrote: »

That is beyond bonkers and I don't get it. I am very familiar of how Philips Hue API looks like and the only explanation for such behaviour is that the the client actively looks to exclude certain devices (example will only import hardware that reports Philips as vendor, not all returned by Hue).

But hey, what did I expect from Apple?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

HomeKit natively only supports the things HomeKit supports. Not really a surprise there that you can’t sneak unsupported stuff in via Hue. Seems that people have the Lidl lights working with HomeKit via HomeBridge plugins, few threads on Reddit about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Deal on Edison Philips Hue White Filament bulb and switch

I just bought 10 switches yesterday and they are shipped. I think I will buy a couple of these

Edit: restricted to 1 purchase

hzIi5VO.png

Update for the nerds: the Sivercrest plug switches are not currently supported by Zigbee2MQTT. Europlug version are, the UK versions are not. I do have them working however and will make a pull request tonight, so should be supported with next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

If you're going to aldi, you will be out of luck.

Try lidl :)

funny you say that I stupidly turned up in Aldi looking for these this morning. Getting frustrated I got my phone out to check the dates and only then noticed it was Lidl and I was in Aldi :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Update for the nerds: the Sivercrest plug switches are not currently supported by Zigbee2MQTT. Europlug version are, the UK versions are not. I do have them working however and will make a pull request tonight, so should be supported with next release.

Decipher for the less nerdy? Will they still work within Hue landscape?

• Advertisement

Decipher for the less nerdy? Will they still work within Hue landscape?

Zigbee2MQTT.io is an opensource software that translates the Zigbee messages and forwards them to MQTT broker. You can then consume them from whatever home automation suite that understands MQTT: openHAB, home-assistant, domoticz etc.

It allows me to integrate Xiaomi wall and wireless switches with IKEA lights/wireless switches and now Silvercrest plugs and do some crazy stuff in Home Assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Can you not manually add them?
    I had to do that with the led strip.i use Domoticz and a cc2531 with zigbee2mqtt
    Haven't tried the plugs yet though

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Can you not manually add them?
    I had to do that with the led strip.i use Domoticz and a cc2531 with zigbee2mqtt
    Haven't tried the plugs yet though

Maybe I could. It was much easier to update Zigbee2MQTT to support them and keep relying on autodiscovery.

managed to manually add the E27 bulb but you are correct i get not supported for the Plugs..will await an update

sundodger5 wrote: »
    managed to manually add the E27 bulb but you are correct i get not supported for the Plugs..will await an update

Do you have the Zigbee2MQTT inside Docker container or do you run it natively? I can guide you what to add, so that you can use them immediately.

I have also confirmed that the support for UK version is already in the source code for last 6 days (https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters/commit/c1d281d04866cf617291c385b1ed5b1db048cb9a#diff-5520dd49755e0a353d3857b8963a91cb4b8d87a01b6b8eb7bb6cce1c180eac83), not yet released.

Do you have the Zigbee2MQTT inside Docker container or do you run it natively? I can guide you what to add, so that you can use them immediately.

I have also confirmed that the support for UK version is already in the source code for last 6 days (https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters/commit/c1d281d04866cf617291c385b1ed5b1db048cb9a#diff-5520dd49755e0a353d3857b8963a91cb4b8d87a01b6b8eb7bb6cce1c180eac83), not yet released.

If i said i am not sure would you believe me? I followed the guide at https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/getting_started/running_zigbee2mqtt.html
    I added the other devices by adding a line to /home/pi/domoticz/plugins/zigbee2mqtt/adapters/_init_.py using the info from the log.
    If you know what to do to add the plugs i would be grateful.
    Maybe best via PM rather than clogging bargain alerts?
    Thanks

liamog wrote: »
    They work well for us, it's two lights with 4 spots in each. The below video is a similar Ikea 400lm GU10, not the Tradfri but should give you an idea.

Sorry to go back to an old post. I'm gonna try these out now as I have purchased some new hue switches.

Which bulbs should go for:

TRÅDFRI
    LED bulb GU10 400 lumen, wireless dimmable warm white €6

TRÅDFRI
    LED bulb GU10 400 lumen, wireless dimmable white spectrum €15

I assume the €15 are similar to Ambience hue vs static warm white

Also would these work as well

TRÅDFRI
    LED bulb E14 470 lumen, wireless dimmable white spectrum/chandelier opal white €6.50

• Registered Users Posts: 23,289 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sorry to go back to an old post. I'm gonna try these out now as I have purchased some new hue switches.

Which bulbs should go for:

TRÅDFRI
    LED bulb GU10 400 lumen, wireless dimmable warm white €6

TRÅDFRI
    LED bulb GU10 400 lumen, wireless dimmable white spectrum €15

I assume the €15 are similar to Ambience hue vs static warm white

Also would these work as well

TRÅDFRI
    LED bulb E14 470 lumen, wireless dimmable white spectrum/chandelier opal white €6.50

The first one only does 1 colour. And it’s warm so quite limited.

The 2nd one has 3 different whites. Warm to daylight. You are better off buying it in 3 pack with a switch for 35

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/tradfri-remote-control-kit-white-spectrum-00406547/

ted1 wrote: »
    The first one only does 1 colour. And it’s warm so quite limited.

The 2nd one has 3 different whites. Warm to daylight. You are better off buying it in 3 pack with a switch for 35

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/tradfri-remote-control-kit-white-spectrum-00406547/

Yeah I just want them to work with the existing Hue hub & switches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭deezell

ParcelMotel to McKinney road suspended due to Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

B22 & E27 Colour Starter Packs (2 bulbs and bridge) reduced to €72.59 in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭John mac

deezell wrote: »
    ParcelMotel to McKinney road suspended due to Brexit.
    parcel wizard gone too , from 18th ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Soarer wrote: »
    B22 & E27 Colour Starter Packs (2 bulbs and bridge) reduced to €72.59 in Argos.

The gateway drug. Little did I know when I bought that pack in September that two months later I'd be wandering around talking to my lights and justifying to myself putting a Hue light in the attic which I visit about twice a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

All-new Echo Dot (4th generation), Charcoal + Amazon Smart Plug - £30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K8B6F99

• Registered Users Posts: 6,486 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

degsie wrote: »
    All-new Echo Dot (4th generation), Charcoal + Amazon Smart Plug - £30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K8B6F99

Arriving 4 January and subject to customs charges

Plus €10 fee for collection of those charges plus weeks if not months of delay. Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Safe if you use parcel motel (til 28th at least)

"Free delivery for Prime members
    Fastest delivery: Tuesday, Dec 22
    Order within 22 hrs 5 mins Details
    Arrives before Christmas. Choose delivery option in checkout."

Shlippery wrote: »
    Safe if you use parcel motel (til 28th at least)

"Free delivery for Prime members
    Fastest delivery: Tuesday, Dec 22
    Order within 22 hrs 5 mins Details
    Arrives before Christmas. Choose delivery option in checkout."

Britain is in logistical chaos at the moment. The entire south east and Wales are in top level lockdown. People scurrying to escape the new virus strain, created by the naural selection, evolution if you will, in response to the very efforts to suppress and eliminate it. Survival of the fittest works for viruses also.
    Virtually no chance of any Brexit deal ratification and implementation before Johnson's legislated and immovable cliff edge. Foreign truck drivers stranded in 5 mile queues. Border with Scotland is closed. Mercy flights, to evacuate people home. Like, Mercy flights! It's like a dystopian science fiction novel. Wait till the shelves go empty in Tescos. Johnson would seem to have got his wish, his Dunkirk.
    Maybe it will all work out, but it's like a perfect storm at the moment. What's next. Martial law? I'm heading to the bunker. Happy Christmas!!

deezell wrote: »
    Britain is in logistical chaos at the moment. The entire south east and Wales are in top level lockdown. People scurrying to escape the new virus strain, created by the naural selection, evolution if you will, in response to the very efforts to suppress and eliminate it. Survival of the fittest works for viruses also.

You have no idea about evolution of viruses, right?

• Advertisement

You have no idea about evolution of viruses, right?

On the contrary, Darwin laid it all out, and its statistical as much as biological. All this curve flattening and lockdown, which I support, has made it more difficult, but not impossible, for the virus to propagate. It's therefore more likely the more virulent or motile children of any virus infection in a person stand a higher chance of causing reinfection, as we increase the barriers to that same infection. Ask any maths and stats student. Narrow the goals and only the best will score a peno, and go through to the next round.

Advertisement