Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I would, no probs. Would prefer to sort someone out that’s looking for one.

There's a few guys still looking in the stock thread

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058131783

• Registered Users Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

According to an email I got from Harvey Norman, they have 246 Series X consoles but you can't collect until 22nd of December

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys can I ask from your experiences of the Series X whether the console is relatively quite? I bought a PS5 on launch but couldn't deal with the humming and coil whine noise and sold it shortly thereafter. Was always going to eventually buy a Series X for Gamepass but am hoping to get one relatively soon now as I dont have a next gen console but a quite (as much as possible) console is my number 1 priority really. Thanks all.

If you close to it, you can hear it, but compared to my one X, its dead silent. Its in same position too. I could always hear one X, not Series X.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

PsychoPete wrote: »
    According to an email I got from Harvey Norman, they have 246 Series X consoles but you can't collect until 22nd of December

That is a stupid idea if they do have them already, they should sell them asap so less people buy one for over retail , by 22nd most would have bought one already one way or another.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just FYI everyone, the Boards game awards nominations are open, you can find the forum here.

Go in and post any games you've played on Xbox, doesn't have to be exclusive, just if you've played it and like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My gen 1 Elite controller has developed a squeak in the left trigger. You can even feel the squeak when pulling the left trigger in. Annoying and the rubber is peeling.

I didn't even look at prices of gen 2 but I imagine they are expensive. I managed to pick the gen 1 up for a bargain price when Argos done a great deal with controller and a newly released game for far less than the €150 price they usually sold for at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

My gen 1 Elite controller has developed a squeak in the left trigger. You can even feel the squeak when pulling the left trigger in. Annoying and the rubber is peeling.

I didn't even look at prices of gen 2 but I imagine they are expensive. I managed to pick the gen 1 up for a bargain price when Argos done a great deal with controller and a newly released game for far less than the €150 price they usually sold for at the time.

I'm on the look out for a new controller. The one that came with the series s, the right trigger sticks on for a split second when i let go.... sometimes..

I know well it wouldn't happen if i brought it back.. so going to keep it as a second one and get a new one.

Any recommendations? I don't like the grip of the standard series controller... so looking at non ms ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Homelander

That's where I got my Elite as well. Think it was Assassins Creed Odyssey, the bundle was something ridiculous like €100 in Argos and I got 50 straight back for the game.

Homelander wrote: »
    That's where I got my Elite as well. Think it was Assassins Creed Odyssey, the bundle was something ridiculous like €100 in Argos and I got 50 straight back for the game.

I sold my game also. I left Argos and went straight to CEX. Sealed game but they still opened it and put it in a clear folder type case for CD's. I told her sure your going to scratch it now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/SteelSeries/status/1339264365019664386

Oh Thank Jebus! The "turn headset off first or you'll drop both headset and controller sync from the console" bug was a fecking killer, it's the only real issue I've had on the new console.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Oh Thank Jebus! The "turn headset off first or you'll drop both headset and controller sync from the console" bug was a fecking killer, it's the only real issue I've had on the new console.

Did this last night, and can confirm that it's sorted the issue out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,444 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone try and hook up a 5tb external HD to the Series X yet?
    I got one the other day, plugged it in, detected and formatted, no hassle.
    I started to move over games and it got to about 500gb used and stopped transferring items in the queue.
    I restarted the console, the drive was not detected.
    I unplugged it, plugged it back in, not detected.
    I restarted the console using the physical power button, not detected.

I just unplugged it in the end.
    It is the 3rd external drive on the console and the other 2 are detected no problem.
    I'm wondering if the drive died after that initial usage or if something's gone wrong that's a simple fix? :)

Drive is WD Elements 5tb by the way!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X41PWTY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It is the 3rd external drive on the console and the other 2 are detected no problem.
    I'm wondering if the drive died after that initial usage or if something's gone wrong that's a simple fix? :)

Hook it up to your PC/laptop. If it's not detected there, then it's a hardware problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So have the Series X 24 hours. Nicely made. Quiet. Fast. But yet to have any wow moment (ala Gears of War on the 360 or Ryse on the One).

I just got gamepass - what game would you recommend to give the best ‘holy **** this is next gen’ moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

quad_red wrote: »
    So have the Series X 24 hours. Nicely made. Quiet. Fast. But yet to have any wow moment (ala Gears of War on the 360 or Ryse on the One).

I just got gamepass - what game would you recommend to give the best ‘holy **** this is next gen’ moment?

Destiny 2 if you've already experienced it on last gen, the bump to framerate and resolution is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Destiny 2, Horizon 4, Gears 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Gears and Horizon 4 are great. Horizon 4 just for trashing around the place without even entering a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I don't think I'll ever have another moment like that tbh. Graphics upgrades now are all about textures, shadows etc. and frame rates (which the consoles are struggling with). That's why the PS is ar**ing around with a gimmicky controller coz the graphics aren't enough of a USP anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I think the new Gears 5 DLC looks outstanding visually. If ya haven't tried gears 5 I think it's worth a shot along with the new dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

theteal wrote: »
    I don't think I'll ever have another moment like that tbh. Graphics upgrades now are all about textures, shadows etc. and frame rates (which the consoles are struggling with). That's why the PS is ar**ing around with a gimmicky controller coz the graphics aren't enough of a USP anymore.

I got a new tv this week and that has provided me with a "next gen moment" in how damn good Ori and FH4 now look. I had a few weeks of Series X on an older tv and I did struggle to spot any real change.

I think the Nintendo Switch, as a concept, is the revolutionary console of this gen and a bit in terms of initial impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭Goose81

Anyone having issues with games not loading etc?

Say today for example, I had to go into FIFA 3 times to get it to allow me to play, every other time it just kept booting me back to the dashboard and it's happened before on other games, it's not regularly happening but it is happening. SSD quick resume would be the culprit I would guess, seems a little bit buggy

Goose81 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with games not loading etc?

Say today for example, I had to go into FIFA 3 times to get it to allow me to play, every other time it just kept booting me back to the dashboard and it's happened before on other games, it's not regularly happening but it is happening. SSD quick resume would be the culprit I would guess, seems a little bit buggy

I have that as well since I got the series X never happened on my Xbox One or even One X.

Not a big problem though. And it just happens when you first load the game. I never got booted back to dashboard while playing a game.

I have that as well since I got the series X never happened on my Xbox One or even One X.

Not a big problem though. And it just happens when you first load the game. I never got booted back to dashboard while playing a game.

Ah yeah agree, like the console definitely isn't faulty probably just has some bugs they will work out in an update. Thankfully it hasn't cost me a game save or anything just means turning off the console and back on once in a while

Goose81 wrote: »
    Ah yeah agree, like the console definitely isn't faulty probably just has some bugs they will work out in an update. Thankfully it hasn't cost me a game save or anything just means turning off the console and back on once in a while

We must have a different problem. Mine when I click A to boot a game it boots for a second and then back to dashboard and sometimes asks if I own the game and then I press A and game boots as normal. Doesn't happen all the time but it's as if it trying to see if I own the game.

But never happens once I get into the game so no big issue. Just an initializing issue.

We must have a different problem. Mine when I click A to boot a game it boots for a second and then back to dashboard and sometimes asks if I own the game and then I press A and game boots as normal. Doesn't happen all the time but it's as if it trying to see if I own the game.

But never happens once I get into the game so no big issue. Just an initializing issue.

So mine actually goes into the game for maybe 2 seconds and once it tries to load it then it boots me back to the dashboard. Doesn't do it when I'm actually playing the game just starting it

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Hurrache wrote: »
    Gears and Horizon 4 are great. Horizon 4 just for trashing around the place without even entering a race.

Sadly I found gears 5 painful to play as found the woman lead annoying and ****

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I went with the S in the end, after a weird few months of talking myself into an X, actually securing a preorder from Microsoft, then talking myself back out of it and cancelling before launch.

Saw that a few machines arrived in my local Smyths last week on a whim and it suddenly seemed again like the perfect scratch to that "Gotta get myself something lovely for Christmas, too!" itch.

I know it's an ignorance is bliss thing and that there's no doubt I have the inferior system, but I'm loving it at the moment. My TV is great but I've never played a game in 4K and they still wow me at resolutions beneath it. Never have more than a few heavy hitters installed at any one time. More than happy using it as a digital only Games Pass machine.

For that, Microsoft have put an absolute whopper together for 300 quid. The form factor, quick hopping between games and apps, quietness of the system...all that stuff you'd get with the X is there. You basically have a casual gaming dreambox that'll happily run streamed down next gen games for the next while.

Well on with it. Will be definitely interesting to see how consistently supported it'll be say two years from now. I guess it depends on the sales. I know Microsoft's first party titles will have effort gone in, but I can see it becoming one of those cross generational curiosities that are full of loads of bizarre ports and downgrades. Fun on a bun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sadly I found gears 5 painful to play as found the woman lead annoying and ****

Nothing wrong with her, great game.

I've done enough research to decide that it's worth 'upgrading' one of my One X's to the Series S (it will be for the kids).

Lack of disc drive doesn't matter, and I don't think storage will be an issue for them either. Games running locked in at 60 fps are just so much nicer than the 30 you're usually stuck with on the One X.

Has anyone else made this sideways move?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Basil3 wrote: »
    I've done enough research to decide that it's worth 'upgrading' one of my One X's to the Series S (it will be for the kids).

Lack of disc drive doesn't matter, and I don't think storage will be an issue for them either. Games running locked in at 60 fps are just so much nicer than the 30 you're usually stuck with on the One X.

Has anyone else made this sideways move?

I keep going back and forth on buying one to put in the man cave to supplement the Series X, only for the fact I'm getting so used to the load times now that using the One X again, or God forbid the original One, is mildly irritating.

Only thing stopping me is that I really don't need one...

Advertisement