Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

The festive drop in aldi today is Bailey's 700ml for 10 euro
    Seems bad value...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

/\/ollog wrote: »
    The festive drop in aldi today is Bailey's 700ml for 10 euro
    Seems bad value...

what price would be become good value to you?

10 is about as low as it ever goes. Can't recall it going for less and if it did it would have been snapped up in an instant and likely low volumes.

If you don't like the taste then fair enough, a lot of the cheaper own brands are made with "wine" and some whiskey. That wine is typically cheaply brewed sugar water.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

rubadub wrote: »

10 is about as low as it ever goes. Can't recall it going for less and if it did it would have been snapped up in an instant and likely low volumes.

If you don't like the taste then fair enough, a lot of the cheaper own brands are made with "wine" and some whiskey. That wine is typically cheaply brewed sugar water.

I was getting 2 bottles for 15 bucks a few weeks ago in dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I can 100% confirm Tesco have 500ml Guinness cans with widgets for €20.. just got 2 slabs, also have hop house bottles 20 for €18.

I picked up some Guinness & Heineken - didn't see any slabs of Hop House, might pop up later and get some bottles.

It's great value especially when I'm used to buying Brewdog 330ml 4-packs for around a tenner.

Tesco's trick seems to be to bump the prices right up between Christmas and New Year's - they did this last year anyway. No offers on slabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,263 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

nc6000 wrote: »
    Tesco's trick seems to be to bump the prices right up between Christmas and New Year's - they did this last year anyway. No offers on slabs.

Yes last year once Christmas Eve was over there was zero deals up until March or April, well worth getting as much as you can now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seve OB wrote: »
    I was getting 2 bottles for 15 bucks a few weeks ago in dunnes

is this using 10 off 50 vouchers or something? or was it really 2 for €15. If we are going to talk about vouchers then I got a bottle for €0 in tesco the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭POBox19

Marqués de Cáceres on offer for €10 a bottle in Nolan's Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

nc6000 wrote: »
    I picked up some Guinness & Heineken - didn't see any slabs of Hop House, might pop up later and get some bottles.

It's great value especially when I'm used to buying Brewdog 330ml 4-packs for around a tenner.

Which Tesco store? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

POBox19 wrote: »

7.95 here, but no idea on cost of postage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Tesco Liffey Valley €20 slabs of 24 are all 500ml with widgets.

• Advertisement

MoodeRator wrote: »
    7.95 here, but no idea on cost of postage

Dream on...
    I tried to order 12 bottles on the site, but they only have 6 in stock. Freight looks like €36 to the North, no RoI option, so they are cheaper here, and a lot less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭rogeyspoint

Dream on...
    I tried to order 12 bottles on the site, but they only have 6 in stock. Freight looks like €36 to the North, no RoI option, so they are cheaper here, and a lot less hassle.

ROI. Chance of Customs Vat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

ROI. Chance of Customs Vat

It is excise duty that takes the fun out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Is it a nice wine? I’ll take a walk down there in the morning if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Do you're going to buy two bottles...easy there chief :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,976 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yep, a v nice Rioja.

If buying a few bottles though Tesco have 25 percent off any 6 bottles including miniatures. So you could get Cune Rioja Riserva for 7.50 a bottle.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Tesco Liffey Valley €20 slabs of 24 are all 500ml with widgets.

Did my annual stock up.

Heinekens were best before October 2021 and all so I'm grand for beer up til then :D

edit: I also noticed that they've put the boxes (20 x 330ml) of Hop House and Corona from 15 euro back up to 18 and 20 euro respectively. And Rockshore is now 20 per slab not 2 for 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

rubadub wrote: »

Well you have the price now, since they didn't publish it in their leaflet, knock yourself out.
    I swear I've seen them around €10 all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Aldi have 18 hop house for €24 all year, I pick up a slab every 2 weeks with the shopping.. it's rarely anywhere else in a slab, I picked up a box of 20 bottles from Tesco a few weeks ago for €15. Don't know if they still have them at that price.

Will stick the head into aldi so. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Will stick the head into aldi so. Thanks

Where are the best deals for slabs of cans or 20 bottles?

Any kind of lager I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Tesco

Screenshot-20201216-065546.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

headnorth wrote: »
    Tesco

Screenshot-20201216-065546.jpg

Tesco Staff 20% Discount this week too !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Those gins are unbelievably cheap. I love the Tanqueray Seville Orange one, it's usually €40-45! A bargain indeed at 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Caranica wrote: »
    Those gins are unbelievably cheap. I love the Tanqueray Seville Orange one, it's usually €40-45! A bargain indeed at 25.

Gunpowder is a great deal, think that's normally around €45-€50 but unsurprisingly sold out when I checked.

How sweet is the Tanqueray ? I hate when flavoured gins taste like alcopops. I like subtle flavoured gins like Boyle's raspberry blush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Caranica wrote: »

I picked up the Beefeater 3 for 50. I like that gin so thought it was a good deal. Haven't tried the Tanqueray.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    How sweet is the Tanqueray ? I hate when flavoured gins taste like alcopops. I like subtle flavoured gins like Boyle's raspberry blush.

It's not very sweet at all. The Whitney Neil ones are full of sugar but the Tanqueray is light. Was given it with ginger ale in a pop up gin cocktail bar in Newcastle and loved it. Even my beer and whiskey drinking friend has taken to it so definitely not overly sweet.

Any good offers on real gin, i.e. Cork Dry Gin?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Any good offers on real gin, i.e. Cork Dry Gin?

23 in Dunnes today for 1L.
    Was 20 last week, so not a great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone know how long the 500ml Guinness slabs in Tesco are around for?

Advertisement