Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Dunnes

Screenshot-20201217-064133.jpg

Supervalu

Screenshot-20201217-064150.jpg

Lidl

Screenshot-20201217-064206.jpg

Aldi

Screenshot-20201217-064228.jpg

Tesco

Screenshot-20201217-064301.jpg

Eurospar

Screenshot-20201217-064321.jpg

Centra

Screenshot-20201217-064339.jpg
    Screenshot-20201217-064356.jpg
    Screenshot-20201217-064422.jpg
    Screenshot-20201217-064457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Incredible price is Tesco, two 500ml or “floating widget“ slabs of Guinness for €35!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Lol Tesco now calling the Guinness slabs out as “floating widget slabs”

Enjoy it while you can folks. I believe the minimum price for a slab of Guinness under the MUP regulations will be around €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Lol Tesco now calling the Guinness slabs out as “floating widget slabs”

Enjoy it while you can folks. I believe the minimum price for a slab of Guinness under the MUP regulations will be around €40.

And we will all head up north again and do all our shopping there!

There was only one there when I went to Galway last night, I'll make a return trip. Hopefully they restocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Incredible price is Tesco, two 500ml or “floating widget“ slabs of Guinness for €35!!

Incredible except good luck finding them I'd say in some locations. Glad I got 2 for €40, all 470ml left now

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭POBox19

Lidl has 500ml slabs on their website of Guinness, Bud & Carlsberg @ €19.00 each.
    Not quite as good for 2 as Tesco’s €35.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    And we will all head up north again and do all our shopping there!

Yes I will be going to Mc Geoughs garage in Jonesborough to stock up once every few months not paying anymore money for one of the little pleasures that I have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭POBox19

Yes I will be going to Mc Geoughs garage in Jonesborough to stock up once every few months not paying anymore money for one of the little pleasures that I have left.

How much are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

My auldfella wouldn't be fussy about anything, not much of a drinker but has the odd can or two, especially at Christmas. Wouldn't be online much either, so he's as close to a blind taste test as you can get.

He didn't know anything about them until I mentioned it. Actually, he said it first. He said the can he had at the weekend was smaller than the pint glass. He thought it had leaked or he'd opened a Norn Iron can by some method. I mentioned they were trying out a new size, and didn't say anything else. I asked was it the same and he said no, it settled too quick and it wasn't anything near as silky smooth as it usually is. I'll probably try one at some stage and try to keep an open mind.

It's him I went back up for tonight. I ended up getting one in Artane Castle, they'd none on the floor but the young lad was most obliging and fetched me one from the stores. I could hear them rattling all the way up the toothpaste aisle.

Cheers, I'm not a huge Guinness drinker. But I do like an odd one with a match on. I'll try grab the widget one. For the sake of 3 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Are Tesco doing reduced hop house? Hearing that from someone at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

20 330ml bottles for €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

POBox19 wrote: »
    How much are they?

They have a huge selection always offers on - would say they will do a roaring trade once MUP comes in South

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Desperately waiting on keys to our new house over the weekend, shed to be promptly loaded with "2 slabs of propa Guinness cans for 35 euro". Absolutely obscene value lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

It was 15 euro per box a week or so ago (20 x 330ml), as was the corona. Was back up to 18 euro over the last few days. Still good value

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

ablelocks wrote: »
    Arthurs Quay

None of the 500s in Arthurs Quay either - tried to get them there lunchtime today. False advertising from Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

€12 for 20 330ml bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

franglan wrote: »
    Desperately waiting on keys to our new house over the weekend, shed to be promptly loaded with "2 slabs of propa Guinness cans for 35 euro". Absolutely obscene value lads.

Goof luck with the house, toast her well

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭adam240610

Plenty of prosecco in local lidl for 3.93 a bottle today

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Went to Tesco Bloomfield for a couple of slabs of Guinness, but only the 470 on shelf. Loads of them there though so not expecting they'll have the 500s before the weekend....

• Advertisement

Goof luck with the house, toast her well

Nowhere seems to have the 500s - seems a marketing ploy.

Too good to be true, can't get any 500s in any of the Tescos in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Went to Tesco Bloomfield for a couple of slabs of Guinness, but only the 470 on shelf. Loads of them there though so not expecting they'll have the 500s before the weekend....

got 4 slabs 500ml in tesco's nutgrove

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Artane Castle had the 500ml about 2 hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

€12 for 20 330ml bottles.

Just in Tesco now and seeing this.. Great offer! Plenty of Guinness 500mls left too.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Guinness 500ml in Stock in nenagh as well

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Off licence deliveries with tesco are normally afternoon, so they might only arrive on the shelves this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Still 9.87 for 8 cans in Dunnes, decent if you've vouchers.

Tesco done 3 x 8 packs for price of 2 last year but doesn't look like it's happening this year.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

SkatesOn wrote: »
    Nowhere seems to have the 500s - seems a marketing ploy.
    Plenty in Tesco stores in Tralee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

SkatesOn wrote: »
    Too good to be true, can't get any 500s in any of the Tescos in Limerick.

It's not false advertising by Tesco, it's not a marketing ploy and it's not too good to be true. They're literally available all over the country.

Did you ask the staff if they had them?

Advertisement