Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭tonytiger81

No 500ml Guinness slabs in Clare hall

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Tesco doing 2 slabs of 24 widget cans for €35 now. FFS I bought 2 slabs for 20 each last night :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

SkatesOn wrote: »
    None of the 500s in Arthurs Quay either - tried to get them there lunchtime today. False advertising from Tesco?

no, high demand

i have 1.75 slabs sitting in my shed that i bought there yesterday.

edit - do the people who are calling marketing ploy/false advertising actually think that those of us who bought these slabs are lying as well, that tesco are paying us to say that we bought them?

F.F.S

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Loads of Guinness 500ml in Tesco Naas this afternoon.

cathalj wrote: »
    Loads of Guinness 500ml in Tesco Naas this afternoon.

really-i-dont-gt1880.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

There was indeed a load of 500mls in Naas today but half the pile was dwindling rapidly. Hopefully they have reserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone else notice on click and collect that the 2 for €35 doesn’t seem to be working? It’s still showing as €40 for both??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

It's not false advertising by Tesco, it's not a marketing ploy and it's not too good to be true. They're literally available all over the country.

Did you ask the staff if they had them?

Yes I did. Maybe it's just a Limerick thing? Went to Arthurs Quay & Coonagh - both had none - asked staff in both - they didn't know anything about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone else notice on click and collect that the 2 for €35 doesn’t seem to be working? It’s still showing as €40 for both??

is the 2 for 35 offer over or have they started it again in tesco's earlier and they were 20 euro each?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bronkobilly

vicwatson wrote: »

is the 2 for 35 offer over or have they started it again in tesco's earlier and they were 20 euro each?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Yes I did. Maybe it's just a Limerick thing? Went to Arthurs Quay & Coonagh - both had none - asked staff in both - they didn't know anything about it...

Just picked up 2 of the 500ml in Coonagh and there is at least another 6 crates

Wasted my time to going out to Tesco in Galway. Got the last ones last night and none tonight.

Someone said Lidl for e19 but they only had the 470 for e20.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

AIRSIDE had them in their stockroom with only 470ml on display, ask and you shall receive.
    Also note the loose 500ml cans in tesco will discount if you buy the 48 to €35 just not wrapped

or, maybe, they were just sold out. I bought mine at about 4pm. I guess there were maybe 20 slabs left at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

Great advice on this thread, thanks!

For anyone interested, got myself a 70cl bottle of Jack Daniels in Dunnes Stores, regular price 34€ something, discounted to 23 something, but paid 18 something using the voucher "save 5 euro when you spend 25" - I purchased something else to make it at least 25 euro.

Alternatively, you can grab two bottles using the more widely available "10 euro off 50" vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Says valid til 20th Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭tonytiger81

Tesco Clearwater had two trolleys full of Guinness 500ml slabs at 2 for 35 euro just left on the floor as they were being lifted as soon as the stores guy brought them out. Place was mobbed with people grabbing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ablelocks wrote: »
    or, maybe, they were just sold out. I bought mine at about 4pm. I guess there were maybe 20 slabs left at that time

I was in Tesco Coonagh last night and the slabs were 470ml in the same location. However tonight I picked up 2 x 500ml slabs there, they were disappearing fast though but I reckon they just restock the shelf as soon as it empties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

There was indeed a load of 500mls in Naas today but half the pile was dwindling rapidly. Hopefully they have reserves.

When I was a student years ago I used to work as a merchandiser for Guinness for Christmas.

A team of us would drive around and hit a supermarket once the truck had delivered the pallets and everything in the stock room we’d try to get out on the floor. We’d build mountains of slabs up to the ceiling. We used to have diagrams to follow to build them safely. Things may have changed but back then you didn’t want anything sitting in the stock room. Back then the plastic was always stripped off the slabs by us before being put on display and the cans all rotated so the brand was facing the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

ablelocks wrote: »

Yes, sounds like that they are in short supply - hopefully that will change in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Captain Morgan 14 euros in Lidl 70cl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Some of the staff wouldn't know every offer in a store that size, staff have certain areas they stock / manage.

There is hundreds if not thousands of price changes in stores during the cycles of offers.

Impossible for staff to know every last offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lidl live up to their promise of price guarantee
    VAip0k2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

robnet77 wrote: »

Great advice on this thread, thanks!

That just doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Lidl

Screenshot-20201218-084304.jpg

Aldi

Screenshot-20201218-084329.jpg

Supervalu

Screenshot-20201218-084347.jpg

Ah lads, the price of slabs of cans is gone through the floor.

I remember my days working in an Off Licence and if you got a slab for €40 you got a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi Tuesday
    2T2gt0h.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jesus they'll be paying us to take them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Does anyone know if it's only the iffy 470ml Guinness cans in Dunne's? Have loads of vouchers to use up. Also, plenty of Bailey's for a tenner in Lidl Finglas yesterday for anyone hunting

• Advertisement

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's only the iffy 470ml Guinness cans in Dunne's? Have loads of vouchers to use up. Also, plenty of Bailey's for a tenner in Lidl Finglas yesterday for anyone hunting

My local Dunnes as of yesterday had all 470's, they've even put stickers on the slabs informing customers of the "widget" in the can and it's the same as sales are so poor.

Dunnes have 12 cans for €15 if that's any good to you to use with the vouchers.

Advertisement