Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Nokotan wrote: »
    Did I miss an episode or did they talk about the fourth official in the PSG game? Totally Football Show & Football Weekly takes on it were very one sided.

Ken talked about it and I think he made some very good points. Football weeklys perspective on it was garbage talk. The whole thing was a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Did I miss an episode or did they talk about the fourth official in the PSG game? Totally Football Show & Football Weekly takes on it were very one sided.

Ya they talked a little about it on Wednesday, before Rory Smith was on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

They definitely talked about it at the start of one of the pods, not sure what day it was but Ken was fairly even handed about it. Its a tricky one for me, I can see how without thinking the 4th official might have used those words to describe the person they wanted sanctioned but hard to know really what the exact words were without being there and difficult to discern intention also. Different cultures are relevant too, as with Cavanis recent instagram post.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

RedRochey wrote: »
    Ya they talked a little about it on Wednesday, before Rory Smith was on

Odd, I definitely listened to Rory Smith (I even posted here about it), I must have completely forgotten them talking about it.

Ken talked about it and I think he made some very good points. Football weeklys perspective on it was garbage talk. The whole thing was a farce.

You could sense Max didn't really agree with Jordan fully but didn't want to be the white guy giving his opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

You could sense Max didn't really agree with Jordan fully but didn't want to be the white guy giving his opinion.

Personal opinion, but I thought yer man’s Jordan’s opinions were an absolute disgrace on football weekly

He said you’re in “very dangerous territory” when you say that one type of racism isn’t as bad as another type of racism.

To follow that assertion to its logical conclusion, it’s like saying if the fourth official called Mouassa Sow the N word it would be no worse than a Romanian official calling a person black in Romanian to another Romanian.

That is what I’d actually call very dangerous territory.

Jesus I found myself shouting at Murph to shut up when he went on and on about Evra and Henry's takeaway joke, some times he just doesn't know when to stop a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Not sure why Ken got so worked up/excited over what Evra said. It's exactly something Evra would say so not sure why he is so animated over it and why does it matter whether Henry refused to watch the whole match or part of it? I don't understand Ken at times

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Very funny today was genuinely lolling at Ken. He is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

unplayable wrote: »

Agreed, got a good laugh when he started on about Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

He was in great form today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ken was spot on, he said it sounded like a bit of a breakdown in communications but we don't know the full story yet
    Personal opinion, but I thought yer man’s Jordan’s opinions were an absolute disgrace on football weekly

He said you’re in “very dangerous territory” when you say that one type of racism isn’t as bad as another type of racism.

To follow that assertion to its logical conclusion, it’s like saying if the fourth official called Mouassa Sow the N word it would be no worse than a Romanian official calling a person black in Romanian to another Romanian.

That is what I’d actually call very dangerous territory.

That was actually cringy. The bit where Max had a hypothetical situation of a cake getting delivered and he told the delivery man "it's for the black guy".
    He could barely even say it for fear of saying the wrong thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

The bit were Ken said "med" as you'd say Ciaran...I nearly crashed the car the med (made) thing has WRECKED my head for years ha ha ha

jones wrote: »
    The bit were Ken said "med" as you'd say Ciaran...I nearly crashed the car the med (made) thing has WRECKED my head for years ha ha ha

What was this in relation to again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

RedRochey wrote: »
    What was this in relation to again?

Just that Murph pronounces "made" as "med", it is quite distracting alright. I notice it every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ah, maybe I'm being overly sensitive but I find insulting or making fun of other people's accents a bit petty and pompous. It's like Ken is saying "I speak perfectly and you don't, let's laugh at you". He's done it before too. It'd be a boring world if we all spoke the same!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Ah, maybe I'm being overly sensitive but I find insulting or making fun of other people's accents a bit petty and pompous. It's like Ken is saying "I speak perfectly and you don't, let's laugh at you". He's done it before too. It'd be a boring world if we all spoke the same!

I think in this case I think you are being overly sensitive. It's Ken mocking the particular way someone says a word, not his accent. It's more than likely a common joke between them all. I know me and my friends have the same jokes seems pretty normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 IsosKramer

If it's open season, Murph should pounce the next time a work colleague of his pronounces column as colYUM. It's more annoying than med and gev.

sheroman01 wrote: »

Murph was laughing away at it and didnt seem to take offence. The med pronounciation always irationally annoyed me for reasons unknown ha. Either way GREAT CONTENT

Did they used to do two podcasts on a Monday, one of which was GAA ??? The Gaa podcast should not pollute a Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Did they used to do two podcasts on a Monday, one of which was GAA ??? The Gaa podcast should not pollute a Tuesday.

They used to do two podcasts on a monday but that's stopped since COVID-19 cant imagine they'll bring it back post covid but who knows. They still put out a lot of content all things considered. (Thats the second post in a row i've written 'content' ha)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I hope Ken never has to give a euology.

****ing hell. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

As a Galway person, I didn't even realise that Ken was taking the piss out of Murph's accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

IsosKramer wrote: »
    If it's open season, Murph should pounce the next time a work colleague of his pronounces column as colYUM. It's more annoying than med and gev.

Do you mean pounce upun it?

Y'know, cos McDevitt says upun instead of upon.

Sorry Eoin! You're amazing!

There was an All Ireland final at the weekend which they didn’t cover Monday. Better than another day of “what Patrice Evra said” :rolleyes:

There was an All Ireland final at the weekend which they didn’t cover Monday. Better than another day of “what Patrice Evra said” :rolleyes:

Give the gaa heads their fix on a Monday with a second podcast but... patron members shouldn’t have to pay for it/have their Tuesdays ruined... soccer is popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

They used to do two podcasts on a monday but that's stopped since COVID-19 cant imagine they'll bring it back post covid but who knows. They still put out a lot of content all things considered. (Thats the second post in a row i've written 'content' ha)

With Eoin on Premiersports, Ken in the IT, Mark doing new podcasts, you’d wonder about the time they have remaining for the core Pod. Delighted to see them doing well for themselves all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    With Eoin on Premiersports, Ken in the IT, Mark doing new podcasts, you’d wonder about the time they have remaining for the core Pod. Delighted to see them doing well for themselves all the same.

Doesn't Ken only do the one piece a week in The IT? Hardly too demanding of his time one would imagine.

He should have plenty of time to dedicate to his side of the show, considering he doesn't contribute to any of the GAA, rugby or US sports stuff.

He's definitely the main man but he's only on about two thirds of the time of the other lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Also his IT article is essentially what he talks about on the Monday anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Oh toss off will you. Its a SPORTS podcast not just a soccer one

How many times do have to spout the same sh1t. We get it, you dont like GAA

Advertisement