Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

1Gb October add on for €5

Vodafone PAYG 5GB add on, 5e / 4 weeks.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/pay-as-you-go-plans/add-ons.html

Not bad value depending on whether data is your main usage or if you need calls as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I ordered the PostMobile sim last week, took 10 days to arrive. Meanwhile got a call from a blocked number from a lady asking if sim had arrived (possibly customer support working from home?)

Now that sim is here it came with no instructions, just a sim in an envelope with a return address of "Fónua, Finch House, Dub Airport Bus Pk, St Mgts Rd, Finglas".

The card contains an 1850 789 789 customer service number. Waited 13 mins on phone then hung up.

Fonua.com is a fulfilment centre as website says "Fónua and Fónfix ... are the only company in Ireland who provide a complete, in-house, one-stop-shop for all sales, marketing, merchandising, repair, screening, warehousing, forward and reverse logistics services to the mobile manufacturers."

So PostMobile uses an MVNO of Vodafone and a fulfilment centre for postage.

It appears PostMobile must be fairly busy with this €15 per month deal they are running?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭bronkobilly

vector wrote: »
    I ordered the PostMobile sim last week, took 10 days to arrive. Meanwhile got a call from a blocked number from a lady asking if sim had arrived (possibly customer support working from home?)

Now that sim is here it came with no instructions, just a sim in an envelope with a return address of "Fónua, Finch House, Dub Airport Bus Pk, St Mgts Rd, Finglas".

The card contains an 1850 789 789 customer service number. Waited 13 mins on phone then hung up.

Fonua.com is a fulfilment centre as website says "Fónua and Fónfix ... are the only company in Ireland who provide a complete, in-house, one-stop-shop for all sales, marketing, merchandising, repair, screening, warehousing, forward and reverse logistics services to the mobile manufacturers."

So PostMobile uses an MVNO of Vodafone and a fulfilment centre for postage.

It appears PostMobile must be fairly busy with this €15 per month deal they are running?
    got one of them calls today hidden number saying did i receive my sim card i got it two weeks ago i said it came two weeks ago she said okay thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,455 ✭✭✭deezell

got one of them calls today hidden number saying did i receive my sim card i got it two weeks ago i said it came two weeks ago she said okay thanks
    Got mine today, after ordering on Thursday. Could not get an agent from that number, just the recording. I let it run on speakerphone on my landline for over an hour. I never got the call back. I'd say thats to do with getting the first payment, they don't activate sim till you pay up, though first month is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

deezell wrote: »
    Got mine today, after ordering on Thursday. Could not get an agent from that number, just the recording. I let it run on speakerphone on my landline for over an hour. I never got the call back. I'd say thats to do with getting the first payment, they don't activate sim till you pay up, though first month is free.

I didn't have a long wait on the phone but the call itself was a full setup type of call so they're busy. The first month is free so there's no payment details taken, you set that up in your portal afterwards.
    There's probably only 3-4 people working on the team and half are prob out sick....

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    I didn't have a long wait on the phone but the call itself was a full setup type of call so they're busy. The first month is free so there's no payment details taken, you set that up in your portal afterwards.
    There's probably only 3-4 people working on the team and half are prob out sick....

Got through at 8.30, gave details. No connection yet.

should go to a post office they do a port over in a few minutes or u can buy a new postfone number there

Mine took an hour to establish connection. You prob have to setup the APN for data yourself.
    Did you restart your phone?

Mine took an hour to establish connection. You prob have to setup the APN for data yourself.
    Did you restart your phone?
    Done apn, all that. Might nip to po.

Had to put old sim back, still works so not ported yet after 2 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Got the new sim yesterday (took 1 week to arrive)
    Rang them, my virgin number came up as 3 for them, but at the end they sorted the port. Number did port after approx 30 mins.
    After that wrong APN settings message came (it said vodafone and mobile broadband didnt work, normal calls worked), so i deleted the APN that they sent and entered Name: Postmobile
    APN: isp.postfone.ie
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 01
    APN Type: default, supl

after this everything worked.
    I tried 48 (3) and gomo (eir), but thier 4g coverage is very low where ive moved recently (Dublin 8). Postmobile (Vodafone) is very good, so im keeping it.

Only question is - how bad is the throttling after their "unlimited" 50GB usage?
    Looking at my 48 usage - i use about 80GB per month

All sorted, after 4 'post office' visits, their locator map needs updating. First was an AnPost clerical office, in Monread Naas, second didn't do post mobile support, Clane, third was a Costcutter shop that sold stamps, weighed packets and sold phone credit, Maynooth road Celbridge. 4th in main st Celbridge sorted it. Ported about an hour later. I can actually make calls from home now with clear sound rather than 'bing pong ding' voice errors. Data rate on test was 1Mb/s, which is 1Mb more than my Eir data out here in the sticks. Might be better elsewhere on the ranch. Full month between topups if I autopay, and an extra free €10 on my first payment, a month from today. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just one to be on the lookout for if you are on PM.
    Please be aware of a fake social media account @AnPostSupport
    26 November 2020

Please be aware of a fake social media account in circulation pretending to be an An Post support page and asking customers to contact them with queries. Please note the official An Post social media accounts are @Postvox and @AnPost

This is decent for €15/month

attachment.php?attachmentid=535707&stc=1&d=1607598703

I always get a solid few Mb and mostly get 10-20. Some places I get 40-50 and I have gotten well over 100 too.
    I've never been in an Edge situation yet after 3 weeks use.

Anyone know do PM do data rollover? They apparently used to but all signs of it seems to have disappeared from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

vector wrote: »
    Interesting article and in fairness gives the possible pluses. When I rang, I got through in 10 mins and the port was completed. I was obviously lucky. Sounds like post office is your best bet.

Interesting article and in fairness gives the possible pluses. When I rang, I got through in 10 mins and the port was completed. I was obviously lucky. Sounds like post office is your best bet.
    Lines open at 8.30 so if you ring exactly then you'll get answered pretty quickly. I got through immediately the morning after a day spent on hold. Guy was happy and helpful, but the port didn't take unfortunately, so a visit to a post office (one that has postmobile in its list of services) done the trick. A day later I got the callback also, but didn't need it. Quite a lot of POs do not handle postmobile queries and porting, so check the AnPost branch locator using postmobile in the services filter, saves a grand tour.
    I got lot of email from Eir, asking why I left, sorry to part etc, a reconnect discount offer, and a suvey whivh did not have a field where you could actually type in the reason why you puled out (sudden random daily overcharges for Data, crap coverage, shocking rude customer service ooerative who refused to take any action on the overcharging, rubbish value plan). Lets see if I can burn 50Gb.

Lines open at 8.30 so if you ring exactly then you'll get answered pretty quickly. I got through immediately the morning after a day spent on hold. Guy was happy and helpful, but the port didn't take unfortunately, so a visit to a post office (one that has postmobile in its list of services) done the trick. A day later I got the callback also, but didn't need it. Quite a lot of POs do not handle postmobile queries and porting, so check the AnPost branch locator using postmobile in the services filter, saves a grand tour.
    I got lot of email from Eir, asking why I left, sorry to part etc, a reconnect discount offer, and a suvey whivh did not have a field where you could actually type in the reason why you puled out (sudden random daily overcharges for Data, crap coverage, shocking rude customer service ooerative who refused to take any action on the overcharging, rubbish value plan). Lets see if I can burn 50Gb.

I'm finding I get through 15-20Gb in the month. Happy so far with the service. The article is correct, you do get access to vodafone's network which I am finding is far better than the other 2 for consistency.

• Advertisement

at the moment postmobile seems a good deal was on tesco mobile reception was bad were i live ported over to postmobile reception is better also more data and texts and a free month not bad and then 15 euro a month. even eir can't do a deal like that

Anyone know do PM do data rollover? They apparently used to but all signs of it seems to have disappeared from their website.

I confirm that PM doesn't do rollover anymore. I renewed and it reset the counters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is anyone on post mobile willing to try and exceed the 50gb limit to see if it's a hard limit or do they just throttle you or what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

When ordering the sim online it asked which provider I am with now but 48 wasn’t listed. I selected Three instead. Hope that works out.

Also, the dispatched email said I can pop into ANY PO to do the port. Anyone know if that’s true or must I only go to a PO that has Postmobile listed as a service?

fbradyirl wrote: »
    When ordering the sim online it asked which provider I am with now but 48 wasn’t listed. I selected Three instead. Hope that works out.

Also, the dispatched email said I can pop into ANY PO to do the port. Anyone know if that’s true or must I only go to a PO that has Postmobile listed as a service?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Yes.

Yes to which?

Yes to which?

The last one. Check the locator with postmobile filter. I drew a blank at 2 pos, one quite a decent size one, then I copped the postmobile item in the services list

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I suspect you might have more luck selecting Tesco Mobile if it's an option. At least worth trying if Three fails.

Although I imagine they should be able to sort it out in the post office.

Quackster wrote: »
    I suspect you might have more luck selecting Tesco Mobile if it's an option. At least worth trying if Three fails.

Although I imagine they should be able to sort it out in the post office.

Does it matter what you fill in as it doesn't seem to do anything until you ring up to port (or call to PO) and then they'll find the correct thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Does it matter what you fill in as it doesn't seem to do anything until you ring up to port (or call to PO) and then they'll find the correct thing?
    Yeah, of that's the case, then fair enough. It sounds like it's still a very manual process!

Advertisement