Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW13 transfer thread

• 12-12-2020 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

Setting up my transfers now, so I don't forget :D

Want to offload Jota, I'm looking at Anguissa to free up cash. (I could afford Soucek, but already have Bowen and I don't want to be *quite* so reliant on West Ham.)

I don't really feel like DCL is doing what I need him to do for that price point, because he rarely overperforms and seems allergic to bonus points. If I sell him for Bamford, who returns almost the same, I can trade Grealish up to KDB.

That would give me a team with Son, Salah, KDB, and Kane, Zouma tucked in the back, and Bowen on stand by for double game week.

Due to price changes, this may be a limited time offer, so my question is - do you think that's worth a -8?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You have, at the very least, 5 more gameweeks before there is even a sniff of a double gameweek. i think its a little soon to be making plans with them in mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Rikand wrote: »
    You have, at the very least, 5 more gameweeks before there is even a sniff of a double gameweek. i think its a little soon to be making plans with them in mind

He's not there *purely* for that, I just think he's a relatively safe investment in the meantime anyway (also why I don't want Soucek yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I really want to roll this week but as has happened the last 4 weeks, I've an injury in Jota to deal with. I'm very tempted to hold and just ship him after midweek but I know I'm doing Jota to Grealish before Monday... It'll be too tempting.

Is it a mad idea to roll the transfer and just play Lamptey in stead? It is a bad time for it with my two SOU defenders against city....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Try to watch as many games as possible but missed the villa game. Judging by updates they were under savage pressure? How did grealish play before I go bringing him back in? Could try something different with Bowen / soucek. Soucek might enable son for my midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Transfers done,

Telles and Welbeck out for Reece James & Wilson

Gives me

McCarthy,
    James, Lamptey, Targett,
    Zaha, Grealish, Salah, KDB, Bruno
    Ings, Wilson

Fodder: Forster, Kliman, Mitchell, Brewster

Won't be changing my team much going forward bar injuries, sorting fodder and maybe alternating defense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’ve not much I want to do with my team, and I could bank the transfer.

But I’m thinking Cancelo to Dias would be even smarter. City defence looks really solid and as we go into the congested fixture period, every game that Cancelo gets rotated for would feel like a likely missed clean sheet.

Obviously Dias isn’t 100% nailed on either, but he is much safer and I think if he doesn’t start he probably won’t be subbed on which is what I’d want given that I’d always have one of Chilwell, Dallas and Lamptey on the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Going to bank, would take me a -8 to get rid of Jota for Salah, with the bank I can then do it for a -4. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Team at the moment

Martinez (McCarthy
    Konsa Coufaul Ayling (Coady Mitchell)
    Son Bruno Salah Grealish (Mendy)
    DCL Vardy Bamford

0.4 itb

Tempted to bank this week and go 2FT Bowen/Kane in for Vardy/Grealish

KDB this week is tempting in a straight swap for Bruno

James (Chelsea) and Vestergaard also tempting .

Taughts

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

CSF wrote: »
    I’ve not much I want to do with my team, and I could bank the transfer.

But I’m thinking Cancelo to Dias would be even smarter. City defence looks really solid and as we go into the congested fixture period, every game that Cancelo gets rotated for would feel like a likely missed clean sheet.

Obviously Dias isn’t 100% nailed on either, but he is much safer and I think if he doesn’t start he probably won’t be subbed on which is what I’d want given that I’d always have one of Chilwell, Dallas and Lamptey on the bench.

I have Dias and will double up with Walker for the next few. Obvious risk of rotation but I think that's the route rather than squeezing in Mahrez, Jesus etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I really want to roll this week but as has happened the last 4 weeks, I've an injury in Jota to deal with. I'm very tempted to hold and just ship him after midweek but I know I'm doing Jota to Grealish before Monday... It'll be too tempting.

Is it a mad idea to roll the transfer and just play Lamptey in stead? It is a bad time for it with my two SOU defenders against city....

Am I missing something ? I understood jota has a niggle after last game, hardly an injury, it’s possible he may get limited minutes this gameweek, but he will feature a good amount in the Christmas run-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Am I missing something ? I understood jota has a niggle after last game, hardly an injury, it’s possible he may get limited minutes this gameweek, but he will feature a good amount in the Christmas run-in.

Some reports saying he’ll be out for 2 months - with games coming tick and fast - understandable transferring him out with any doubt

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Some reports saying he’ll be out for 2 months - with games coming tick and fast - understandable transferring him out with any doubt

Jesus. I completely missed that. I thought he was just doubtful for today. Where’d you see that one?

Jesus. I completely missed that. I thought he was just doubtful for today. Where’d you see that one?

The sun, the mirror have stories, here is the source of that story I think

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/12/jota-out-of-action-for-two-months-claims-portuguese-paper/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

2 frees, 0.3 itb

Martinez (fodder)
    Chilwell, Robertson, cancelo (KWP) (fodder)
    Salah, Bruno, kdb, grealish (Soucek)
    Adams, DCL, bamford

Robertson to días
    Adams to Wilson
    Dcl to Ings

The above seems like a lot of sideways moves. This season feels weird as I’m happy with my team and banking transfers then having 2 frees with no fires to put out. Usually I want to rip the team apart every week!!
    Could just do cancelo to días.

Any thought welcome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Robertson to días
    Adams to Wilson
    Dcl to Ings

I prefer Ings to Adams(brought Ings in after he made an appearance last week), but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Adams if I had him.

The sun, the mirror have stories, here is the source of that story I think

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/12/jota-out-of-action-for-two-months-claims-portuguese-paper/amp/
    Wow, that makes the other 3 much less likely for rotation

F1ngers wrote: »
    I prefer Ings to Adams(brought Ings in after he made an appearance last week), but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Adams if I had him.
    Adams in the number 9 role looks better value at their respective prices I think. Ings the better finisher but Adams likely to put bigger xG scores up.

I'd still take Ings no bother but that money saved is easily used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

F1ngers wrote: »

Cheers, I know Ings is the better choice straight up without taking the cost into consideration. It's more deciding if the other moves to make it happen are worth it. Like getting rid of Robertson for Dias (slight downgrade IMO) and rid of DCL for Wilson (seems like a sideways move but possibly an upgrade as Wilson may return similar points for less cost)

Wow, that makes the other 3 much less likely for rotation

Yea if we get confirmation that he's out, will be shipping him out,

Selling city assets before West Brom be madness wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yea if we get confirmation that he's out, will be shipping him out,

Selling city assets before West Brom be madness wouldn't it?

He’s already confirmed out. It’s all over social media that the knee injury is worse than initially feared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Was considering kane out for Wilson to make room for Jota to Salah but I'm tempted to keep kane while his form continues. Need someone else in for Jota so back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Does anyone know why laporte is not playing for city?

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Does anyone know why laporte is not playing for city?

Pep made some comment about too many mistakes from his defenders, and Laporte seems to be the one missing out - Pep also said that "Aymeric is really important, but right now I’m playing other guys'"

As to what that means long term - who knows, Stones has 3 CS in a row, and would be great value if he could keep his place, but it's Pep so you could have a brand new back 4 next week.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/laporte-no-longer-guardiola-untouchables/eahf4thbbdyd12n4rzk3dhdbz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bring in son or Salah? Have KDB and bruno already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bring in son or Salah? Have KDB and bruno already

Neither to be honest. They play each other this week so I'd hold off.

Not as bad as feared?

He said it was a niggle in his press conference and see how he is.

Klopp is just lucky that it wasn't Salah - complaining about lads not having rests and then playing these lads in meaningless games during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's at the stage now where liverpool cant rotate as they have nobody left to rotate in.

It's at the stage now where liverpool cant rotate as they have nobody left to rotate in.

Ox, Origi, Keita and Minamino should all be getting game time over xmas.

• Advertisement

Ox is severely lacking match fitness. Origi is not good enough anymore and Minamino has done next to nothing since he came into the team. Salah should get the vast majority of minutes over Christmas I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Where is Shaqiri? Seems to be the forgotten man?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Keita not on the bench, ox just back from 3 months out and the other two are dreadful.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Where is Shaqiri? Seems to be the forgotten man?

He's got a muscle injury and no return date as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So who is the best Jota replacement?

Is bringing in Bowen trying to be too smart? Just get Soucek and the 1.4m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Green&Red wrote: »
    So who is the best Jota replacement?

Is bringing in Bowen trying to be too smart? Just get Soucek and the 1.4m?

I think if you want him mostly as a safety net on the bench Soucek is brilliant. If you need someone actively on your team though, personally I'd go with Bowen. I think he's just about worth the extra few quid unless you're in need of it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I need a replacement for Kilman. Southampton have tough fixtures coming up so not sure who to get

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Jota and Mitchell for mahrez and bednarak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just took a -4.

Chilwell out for Dier to free up the 0.9 I needed to do Jota to KDB.

Leaves me with

McCarthy
    Coufal, Justin, Dallas (KWP, Dier)
    Fernandes, Son, KDB, Salah (Anguissa)
    DCL, Adams, Wilson

Last few transfers haven’t gone well. Ziyech and Jota both brought in recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Can't decide between getting in Son or Kane - Kane on pens is a big positive but I feel Son is probably more explosive and more potential for assists if Kane isn't the one involved.

Leaning towards Son right now as he's cheaper but have the cash for Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Salah Out.
    Bruno In

So far the rotation of the big hitters for captaincy has been working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Over the next 6 weeks who would you pick.
    Salah and Bamford
    Son and Vardy or werner?

I'm leaning towards Salah and Bamford

Salah Out.
    Bruno In

So far the rotation of the big hitters for captaincy has been working.

I wonder could Bruno be rested. He look wrecked against City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

For anyone thinking about Lamptey, Potter had this to say.
    "It's a shame we haven't got Tariq Lamptey, but that is purely precautionary. We have a lot of games coming up so we have to be careful with the players."

Imagine he should be fine to play midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Most likely bank to bring in Kane/Bowen for Vardy/Grealish the next game week ...

Possible -4 for Vestagaard too

Going to pass on KDB this week and leave in Bruno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

The Stockport Iniesta is almost certain to start next week in a nice fixture. Would captain him over KDB given the rotation risks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pretty boring transfer this week.

Jumping off the Johnstone 'bandwagon' and jumping on the Martinez bandwagon.

Martinez better chance of more points/clean sheets in next couple gamweek's.

Seems a no brainer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Was all for son to Bruno but might now go for Jota/ kilman out and go for Trent and soucek in, go 433 soucek first sub, robbo looks better but think Trent will kick on shortly

skippy15 wrote: »
    Was all for son to Bruno but might now go for Jota/ kilman out and go for Trent and soucek in, go 433 soucek first sub, robbo looks better but think Trent will kick on shortly

With Matip going off injured, I think brining in any pool defender is risky, but spending 7.2m is madness, he didn't even play full 90 mins today. They have kept 3 cleans sheets all season. Is he going to kick on any more than other cheaper premium defenders?

skippy15 wrote: »

Bringing in TAA is madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

siblers wrote: »
    Bringing in TAA is madness

Thin line between genius and madness :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement