Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW13 transfer thread

• 12-12-2020 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

Setting up my transfers now, so I don't forget :D

Want to offload Jota, I'm looking at Anguissa to free up cash. (I could afford Soucek, but already have Bowen and I don't want to be *quite* so reliant on West Ham.)

I don't really feel like DCL is doing what I need him to do for that price point, because he rarely overperforms and seems allergic to bonus points. If I sell him for Bamford, who returns almost the same, I can trade Grealish up to KDB.

That would give me a team with Son, Salah, KDB, and Kane, Zouma tucked in the back, and Bowen on stand by for double game week.

Due to price changes, this may be a limited time offer, so my question is - do you think that's worth a -8?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You have, at the very least, 5 more gameweeks before there is even a sniff of a double gameweek. i think its a little soon to be making plans with them in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Rikand wrote: »
    You have, at the very least, 5 more gameweeks before there is even a sniff of a double gameweek. i think its a little soon to be making plans with them in mind

He's not there *purely* for that, I just think he's a relatively safe investment in the meantime anyway (also why I don't want Soucek yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I really want to roll this week but as has happened the last 4 weeks, I've an injury in Jota to deal with. I'm very tempted to hold and just ship him after midweek but I know I'm doing Jota to Grealish before Monday... It'll be too tempting.

Is it a mad idea to roll the transfer and just play Lamptey in stead? It is a bad time for it with my two SOU defenders against city....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Try to watch as many games as possible but missed the villa game. Judging by updates they were under savage pressure? How did grealish play before I go bringing him back in? Could try something different with Bowen / soucek. Soucek might enable son for my midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Transfers done,

Telles and Welbeck out for Reece James & Wilson

Gives me

McCarthy,
    James, Lamptey, Targett,
    Zaha, Grealish, Salah, KDB, Bruno
    Ings, Wilson

Fodder: Forster, Kliman, Mitchell, Brewster

Won't be changing my team much going forward bar injuries, sorting fodder and maybe alternating defense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’ve not much I want to do with my team, and I could bank the transfer.

But I’m thinking Cancelo to Dias would be even smarter. City defence looks really solid and as we go into the congested fixture period, every game that Cancelo gets rotated for would feel like a likely missed clean sheet.

Obviously Dias isn’t 100% nailed on either, but he is much safer and I think if he doesn’t start he probably won’t be subbed on which is what I’d want given that I’d always have one of Chilwell, Dallas and Lamptey on the bench.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Going to bank, would take me a -8 to get rid of Jota for Salah, with the bank I can then do it for a -4. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Team at the moment

Martinez (McCarthy
    Konsa Coufaul Ayling (Coady Mitchell)
    Son Bruno Salah Grealish (Mendy)
    DCL Vardy Bamford

0.4 itb

Tempted to bank this week and go 2FT Bowen/Kane in for Vardy/Grealish

KDB this week is tempting in a straight swap for Bruno

James (Chelsea) and Vestergaard also tempting .

Taughts

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

CSF wrote: »
    I’ve not much I want to do with my team, and I could bank the transfer.

But I’m thinking Cancelo to Dias would be even smarter. City defence looks really solid and as we go into the congested fixture period, every game that Cancelo gets rotated for would feel like a likely missed clean sheet.

Obviously Dias isn’t 100% nailed on either, but he is much safer and I think if he doesn’t start he probably won’t be subbed on which is what I’d want given that I’d always have one of Chilwell, Dallas and Lamptey on the bench.

I have Dias and will double up with Walker for the next few. Obvious risk of rotation but I think that's the route rather than squeezing in Mahrez, Jesus etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I really want to roll this week but as has happened the last 4 weeks, I've an injury in Jota to deal with. I'm very tempted to hold and just ship him after midweek but I know I'm doing Jota to Grealish before Monday... It'll be too tempting.

Is it a mad idea to roll the transfer and just play Lamptey in stead? It is a bad time for it with my two SOU defenders against city....

Am I missing something ? I understood jota has a niggle after last game, hardly an injury, it’s possible he may get limited minutes this gameweek, but he will feature a good amount in the Christmas run-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Am I missing something ? I understood jota has a niggle after last game, hardly an injury, it’s possible he may get limited minutes this gameweek, but he will feature a good amount in the Christmas run-in.

Some reports saying he’ll be out for 2 months - with games coming tick and fast - understandable transferring him out with any doubt

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Some reports saying he’ll be out for 2 months - with games coming tick and fast - understandable transferring him out with any doubt

Jesus. I completely missed that. I thought he was just doubtful for today. Where’d you see that one?

Jesus. I completely missed that. I thought he was just doubtful for today. Where’d you see that one?

The sun, the mirror have stories, here is the source of that story I think

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/12/jota-out-of-action-for-two-months-claims-portuguese-paper/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

2 frees, 0.3 itb

Martinez (fodder)
    Chilwell, Robertson, cancelo (KWP) (fodder)
    Salah, Bruno, kdb, grealish (Soucek)
    Adams, DCL, bamford

Robertson to días
    Adams to Wilson
    Dcl to Ings

The above seems like a lot of sideways moves. This season feels weird as I’m happy with my team and banking transfers then having 2 frees with no fires to put out. Usually I want to rip the team apart every week!!
    Could just do cancelo to días.

Any thought welcome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Robertson to días
    Adams to Wilson
    Dcl to Ings

I prefer Ings to Adams(brought Ings in after he made an appearance last week), but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Adams if I had him.

The sun, the mirror have stories, here is the source of that story I think

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/12/jota-out-of-action-for-two-months-claims-portuguese-paper/amp/
    Wow, that makes the other 3 much less likely for rotation

F1ngers wrote: »
    I prefer Ings to Adams(brought Ings in after he made an appearance last week), but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Adams if I had him.
    Adams in the number 9 role looks better value at their respective prices I think. Ings the better finisher but Adams likely to put bigger xG scores up.

I'd still take Ings no bother but that money saved is easily used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

F1ngers wrote: »

Cheers, I know Ings is the better choice straight up without taking the cost into consideration. It's more deciding if the other moves to make it happen are worth it. Like getting rid of Robertson for Dias (slight downgrade IMO) and rid of DCL for Wilson (seems like a sideways move but possibly an upgrade as Wilson may return similar points for less cost)

Wow, that makes the other 3 much less likely for rotation

Yea if we get confirmation that he's out, will be shipping him out,

Selling city assets before West Brom be madness wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yea if we get confirmation that he's out, will be shipping him out,

Selling city assets before West Brom be madness wouldn't it?

He’s already confirmed out. It’s all over social media that the knee injury is worse than initially feared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Was considering kane out for Wilson to make room for Jota to Salah but I'm tempted to keep kane while his form continues. Need someone else in for Jota so back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Does anyone know why laporte is not playing for city?

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Does anyone know why laporte is not playing for city?

Pep made some comment about too many mistakes from his defenders, and Laporte seems to be the one missing out - Pep also said that "Aymeric is really important, but right now I’m playing other guys'"

As to what that means long term - who knows, Stones has 3 CS in a row, and would be great value if he could keep his place, but it's Pep so you could have a brand new back 4 next week.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/laporte-no-longer-guardiola-untouchables/eahf4thbbdyd12n4rzk3dhdbz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bring in son or Salah? Have KDB and bruno already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bring in son or Salah? Have KDB and bruno already

Neither to be honest. They play each other this week so I'd hold off.

Not as bad as feared?

He said it was a niggle in his press conference and see how he is.

Klopp is just lucky that it wasn't Salah - complaining about lads not having rests and then playing these lads in meaningless games during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It's at the stage now where liverpool cant rotate as they have nobody left to rotate in.

It's at the stage now where liverpool cant rotate as they have nobody left to rotate in.

Ox, Origi, Keita and Minamino should all be getting game time over xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ox, Origi, Keita and Minamino should all be getting game time over xmas.

Ox is severely lacking match fitness. Origi is not good enough anymore and Minamino has done next to nothing since he came into the team. Salah should get the vast majority of minutes over Christmas I think.

Advertisement