Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

GW13 transfer thread

  • 12-12-2020 10:53pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭ jill_valentine
    Registered User


    Setting up my transfers now, so I don't forget :D

    Want to offload Jota, I'm looking at Anguissa to free up cash. (I could afford Soucek, but already have Bowen and I don't want to be *quite* so reliant on West Ham.)

    I don't really feel like DCL is doing what I need him to do for that price point, because he rarely overperforms and seems allergic to bonus points. If I sell him for Bamford, who returns almost the same, I can trade Grealish up to KDB.

    That would give me a team with Son, Salah, KDB, and Kane, Zouma tucked in the back, and Bowen on stand by for double game week.

    Due to price changes, this may be a limited time offer, so my question is - do you think that's worth a -8?


«13456

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭ Rikand
    Registered User


    You have, at the very least, 5 more gameweeks before there is even a sniff of a double gameweek. i think its a little soon to be making plans with them in mind


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭ jill_valentine
    Registered User


    Rikand wrote: »
    You have, at the very least, 5 more gameweeks before there is even a sniff of a double gameweek. i think its a little soon to be making plans with them in mind

    He's not there *purely* for that, I just think he's a relatively safe investment in the meantime anyway (also why I don't want Soucek yet)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭ Jim Gazebo
    Registered User


    I really want to roll this week but as has happened the last 4 weeks, I've an injury in Jota to deal with. I'm very tempted to hold and just ship him after midweek but I know I'm doing Jota to Grealish before Monday... It'll be too tempting.

    Is it a mad idea to roll the transfer and just play Lamptey in stead? It is a bad time for it with my two SOU defenders against city....


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭ Jim Gazebo
    Registered User


    Try to watch as many games as possible but missed the villa game. Judging by updates they were under savage pressure? How did grealish play before I go bringing him back in? Could try something different with Bowen / soucek. Soucek might enable son for my midfield.


  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ cizolin
    Registered User


    Transfers done,

    Telles and Welbeck out for Reece James & Wilson

    Gives me

    McCarthy,
    James, Lamptey, Targett,
    Zaha, Grealish, Salah, KDB, Bruno
    Ings, Wilson

    Fodder: Forster, Kliman, Mitchell, Brewster

    Won't be changing my team much going forward bar injuries, sorting fodder and maybe alternating defense


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF
    Registered User


    I’ve not much I want to do with my team, and I could bank the transfer.

    But I’m thinking Cancelo to Dias would be even smarter. City defence looks really solid and as we go into the congested fixture period, every game that Cancelo gets rotated for would feel like a likely missed clean sheet.

    Obviously Dias isn’t 100% nailed on either, but he is much safer and I think if he doesn’t start he probably won’t be subbed on which is what I’d want given that I’d always have one of Chilwell, Dallas and Lamptey on the bench.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 9,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭ F1ngers
    Moderator


    Going to bank, would take me a -8 to get rid of Jota for Salah, with the bank I can then do it for a -4. :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭ Dubliner28
    Registered User


    Team at the moment

    Martinez (McCarthy
    Konsa Coufaul Ayling (Coady Mitchell)
    Son Bruno Salah Grealish (Mendy)
    DCL Vardy Bamford

    0.4 itb

    Tempted to bank this week and go 2FT Bowen/Kane in for Vardy/Grealish

    KDB this week is tempting in a straight swap for Bruno

    James (Chelsea) and Vestergaard also tempting .

    Taughts


  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭ SameOleJay
    Registered User


    CSF wrote: »
    I’ve not much I want to do with my team, and I could bank the transfer.

    But I’m thinking Cancelo to Dias would be even smarter. City defence looks really solid and as we go into the congested fixture period, every game that Cancelo gets rotated for would feel like a likely missed clean sheet.

    Obviously Dias isn’t 100% nailed on either, but he is much safer and I think if he doesn’t start he probably won’t be subbed on which is what I’d want given that I’d always have one of Chilwell, Dallas and Lamptey on the bench.

    I have Dias and will double up with Walker for the next few. Obvious risk of rotation but I think that's the route rather than squeezing in Mahrez, Jesus etc


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭ Irishphotodesk
    Registered User


    Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I really want to roll this week but as has happened the last 4 weeks, I've an injury in Jota to deal with. I'm very tempted to hold and just ship him after midweek but I know I'm doing Jota to Grealish before Monday... It'll be too tempting.

    Is it a mad idea to roll the transfer and just play Lamptey in stead? It is a bad time for it with my two SOU defenders against city....

    Am I missing something ? I understood jota has a niggle after last game, hardly an injury, it’s possible he may get limited minutes this gameweek, but he will feature a good amount in the Christmas run-in.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,697 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007
    Registered User


    Am I missing something ? I understood jota has a niggle after last game, hardly an injury, it’s possible he may get limited minutes this gameweek, but he will feature a good amount in the Christmas run-in.

    Some reports saying he’ll be out for 2 months - with games coming tick and fast - understandable transferring him out with any doubt


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF
    Registered User


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Some reports saying he’ll be out for 2 months - with games coming tick and fast - understandable transferring him out with any doubt

    Jesus. I completely missed that. I thought he was just doubtful for today. Where’d you see that one?


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,697 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007
    Registered User


    CSF wrote: »
    Jesus. I completely missed that. I thought he was just doubtful for today. Where’d you see that one?

    The sun, the mirror have stories, here is the source of that story I think

    https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/12/jota-out-of-action-for-two-months-claims-portuguese-paper/amp/


  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭ joeyboy11
    Registered User


    2 frees, 0.3 itb

    Martinez (fodder)
    Chilwell, Robertson, cancelo (KWP) (fodder)
    Salah, Bruno, kdb, grealish (Soucek)
    Adams, DCL, bamford

    Robertson to días
    Adams to Wilson
    Dcl to Ings

    The above seems like a lot of sideways moves. This season feels weird as I’m happy with my team and banking transfers then having 2 frees with no fires to put out. Usually I want to rip the team apart every week!!
    Could just do cancelo to días.

    Any thought welcome.


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 9,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭ F1ngers
    Moderator


    joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Robertson to días
    Adams to Wilson
    Dcl to Ings

    I prefer Ings to Adams(brought Ings in after he made an appearance last week), but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Adams if I had him.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF
    Registered User


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    The sun, the mirror have stories, here is the source of that story I think

    https://www.empireofthekop.com/2020/12/12/jota-out-of-action-for-two-months-claims-portuguese-paper/amp/
    Wow, that makes the other 3 much less likely for rotation


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF
    Registered User


    F1ngers wrote: »
    I prefer Ings to Adams(brought Ings in after he made an appearance last week), but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Adams if I had him.
    Adams in the number 9 role looks better value at their respective prices I think. Ings the better finisher but Adams likely to put bigger xG scores up.


    I'd still take Ings no bother but that money saved is easily used elsewhere.


  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭ joeyboy11
    Registered User


    F1ngers wrote: »
    I prefer Ings to Adams(brought Ings in after he made an appearance last week), but I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Adams if I had him.

    Cheers, I know Ings is the better choice straight up without taking the cost into consideration. It's more deciding if the other moves to make it happen are worth it. Like getting rid of Robertson for Dias (slight downgrade IMO) and rid of DCL for Wilson (seems like a sideways move but possibly an upgrade as Wilson may return similar points for less cost)


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,697 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007
    Registered User


    CSF wrote: »
    Wow, that makes the other 3 much less likely for rotation

    Yea if we get confirmation that he's out, will be shipping him out,

    Selling city assets before West Brom be madness wouldn't it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 42,030 ✭✭✭✭ Scorpion Sting
    The sting is in the tail


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yea if we get confirmation that he's out, will be shipping him out,

    Selling city assets before West Brom be madness wouldn't it?

    He’s already confirmed out. It’s all over social media that the knee injury is worse than initially feared.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭ machiavellianme
    Registered User


    Was considering kane out for Wilson to make room for Jota to Salah but I'm tempted to keep kane while his form continues. Need someone else in for Jota so back to the drawing board.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭ Bowlardo
    Registered User


    Does anyone know why laporte is not playing for city?


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,697 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007
    Registered User


    Bowlardo wrote: »
    Does anyone know why laporte is not playing for city?

    Pep made some comment about too many mistakes from his defenders, and Laporte seems to be the one missing out - Pep also said that "Aymeric is really important, but right now I’m playing other guys'"

    As to what that means long term - who knows, Stones has 3 CS in a row, and would be great value if he could keep his place, but it's Pep so you could have a brand new back 4 next week.

    https://www.goal.com/en/news/laporte-no-longer-guardiola-untouchables/eahf4thbbdyd12n4rzk3dhdbz


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,764 ✭✭✭✭ eh i dunno
    Registered User


    Bring in son or Salah? Have KDB and bruno already


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭ normanoffside
    Registered User




  • Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭ Shanotheslayer
    Registered User


    eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bring in son or Salah? Have KDB and bruno already

    Neither to be honest. They play each other this week so I'd hold off.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,697 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007
    Registered User



    Not as bad as feared?

    He said it was a niggle in his press conference and see how he is.

    Klopp is just lucky that it wasn't Salah - complaining about lads not having rests and then playing these lads in meaningless games during the week.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭ Iused2likebusts
    Registered User


    It's at the stage now where liverpool cant rotate as they have nobody left to rotate in.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,697 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007
    Registered User


    It's at the stage now where liverpool cant rotate as they have nobody left to rotate in.

    Ox, Origi, Keita and Minamino should all be getting game time over xmas.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,030 ✭✭✭✭ Scorpion Sting
    The sting is in the tail


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ox, Origi, Keita and Minamino should all be getting game time over xmas.

    Ox is severely lacking match fitness. Origi is not good enough anymore and Minamino has done next to nothing since he came into the team. Salah should get the vast majority of minutes over Christmas I think.


Advertisement