Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Racing Uncertainties

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Good luck with Jolymaker I have it in my placepot. I also have a WIN bet on Mocremehas. I think that JP might have a couple of Sunday winners and Limerick to win the Liam Cup

pottokblue wrote: »
    Good luck with Jolymaker I have it in my placepot. I also have a WIN bet on Mocremehas. I think that JP might have a couple of Sunday winners and Limerick to win the Liam Cup

Yeah, that Mocacreme Has looks the likely winner... Not for me at 5/4 though.. His first run over the sticks was promising..

The one I'd like to be on each way; as I only just looked at the race, and he is still a nice price is Balleticon at around 9/2. Might back him yet. Was a good run at Bangor lto in a Bumper, where he came a respectable 5th, not beaten far in a good time. First run over the sticks, and a long absence though.

Not liking the second fav The Hoax at all, as he ran no sort of race on heavy in his bumper, but he did come 2nd lto in a hurdles race, but that was on good ground.

Maybe back Balleticon e/w, or w/o jolly, or both :D Decisions decisions :pac:

Edit to add I have done Balleticon win at 4/1 just now - for stats purposes

Good luck all

12.55 Southwell Joly Maker 9/2 win , Nobel Leader 11/1 e/w

Think Jonjo's is a massive price at 9/2; although it has drifted from 5/2. On form it has the best chance here no doubt. Am not understanding the drift at all.

Nobel Leader at 11/1 I can't resist going each way on, as he's won at this distance before on soft ground. As well as that; 8 of the 9 horses have ran here before, and the 2 I've gone for are the only ones to have won at Southwell - both with a strike rate of 1 from 3.

Also done a reverse forecast - just sayin....

Gluck :)

:mad:

Rancid - jockey never gave him a chance. A pure crookery combo. What can ya do when a horse is almost twice the price he should be... drifters win too :mad: :( :mad::mad:

1.15 Comeatchoo 10/1 e/w

1.15 Comeatchoo 10/1 e/w

No joy - never have much luck backing Hollie; at least she's not a crook, unlike J O'Neill jnr and esp senior. fqerrs

• Advertisement

2.30 Southwell Dame du Soir 22/1 e/w

Bit of a punt this one. I think the second and third favourites are vulnerable; either owing to the ground, which is soft (Nordica Bleue) , and the trip which may be too short at 2m (Shantung). The selection is mainly a chaser, and, in her few hurdles bids she has only prevailed once. I'm hoping she can take a lead, and at least be still in contention before the taps are turned on.

Not at all confident about this one's chances, but at the prices I can't resist having a bet all the same :P Saying that though, if one or two at the top of the market don't run as well as expected the door could be left open for a bigger priced one to get a place.

2nd :D

Delighted with that - Nordica Bleue withdrawn at start left just two places with only 7 runners. Was touch and go if she'd get placed coming to the last.

13/12

Running P & L + 42.7pts

Invested 8pts.

Returns:

Dame du Soir 2.30 (done e/w at 22s) places at a quarter the odds a place with a 15p rule 4 returning 5.6pts
    Balleticon 1.55 (done win at 4/1) wins returning 5pts

Total at play 8pts - returns 10.6pts

Profit for the day 2.6pts

Running invested total - 607pts

Total P & L + 45.3pts

5.30 Kempton Purple Paddy 15/2 e/w , Casavola 28/1 e/w

Will give this Purple Paddy another chance. Needs a smooth passage, and can come with a sustained burst at the end.

Casavola is a punt job. 4 runs, and she's finished closer to the winner each time.

7/12

A couple I really like today, and one's a punt...

4.05 Wolves Greengage 8/1 e/w
    I think 12fs at the course is ideal for this mare. She was staying on well at the course over 2 1/2fs less a couple of runs back. That was in a Class 5 - goes today in a Class 6. Drawn wide in 10 should be ideal for a hold-up performer. Is twice a course winner, and has won over today's trip before at Newcastle.

3.55 Chelmsford Lady Alavesa 22/1 e/w
    Another mare, and performs best when held up. Only 8 in this race, so hopefully she won't encounter too much trouble when making a late bid for glory. Has been banging on the door the last twice she ran here (over C & D). I'm confident of a good run today at a juicy price.

Plumpton 2.05 Mon Petit Cheri 150/1 e/w hope :p
    I was scrolling through the racecard, and "The Chase" was on, and just as I was glancing at this one a question about Tony Blair was asked by Bradders. Could be written in stars, and her trainer who is also a female has been among the winners recently, and Paige the jockey has feminine credentials also. This one is a filly, so in the same ballpark as the other two (confident) selections. Stranger things have been known to happen eh?

Gluck :) Am due :D

:( I've only gone and picked the wrong day to have a punt on this one, - I scarcely looked at any of the jumps cards today - she's after coming 2nd today at 200 to flippin one in the 12.15 Plumpton :pac:

Will give this Purple Paddy another chance. Needs a smooth passage, and can come with a sustained burst at the end.

Casavola is a punt job. 4 runs, and she's finished closer to the winner each time.

Casavola out to 80-100/1 :P A fourth place will do :D

• Advertisement

8.00 Kempton Comeofeeltheforce 22/1 , Amnaa 80/1

Two each way punts. Nothing more to say really.

:(:( Came nowhere that day.... And it's only gone and won at 40/1 15 or so minutes ago :o:(:D:D:D

Not my day for not taking a better look at cards :p :pac:

A place for Purple Paddy is all... Note to self: Purple Paddy is a horse who needs to be delivered late from off a strongish pace,,, He's got a sudden burst of speed at the business end which he can sustain for about 120-150yds, or so... Not much good if he's too far back, and with a wall of horses in front of him.

Must back Purple Paddy in similar races as the last twice; but in 8-9 runner affairs, and not 13 or 14 like what he's being tackling recently,,

Not much with the olde P & L - about 1.5ps loss, and will update later..

14/12

Running P & L + 45.3pts

Invested 4pts

Returns:

Purple Paddy 5.30 (done e/w at 15/2) places at a fifth the odds returning 2.5pts

Total at Play 4pts - returns 2.5pts

Loss for the day 1.5pts

Running invested total - 611pts

Total P & L + 42.8pts

15/12

Following on from yesterday's tale of woe where I spied too late a couple I put up before at massive prices I've noticed 2 running today that I've put up before; and I won't miss out again.

Granted, neither of em are anywhere near as big, but I'm not letting them go without having a jab..

Both e/w at Newcastle

3.45 Clay Regazzoni 5/1
    I believe he was a tad unlucky lto at Wolves, and had to go the long way around, as he couldn't get a rail sit.

5.25 Nellie French 20/1
    This one I remember putting up as a punt before, and she still is today :P
    I see Laoise (who I also put up before) is in this race, but I think 5 is too short for her, so just Nellie for me in this.

Another few , also at Newcastle that I don't think I've put up before, and am going each way on are:

4.55 Blazing Dreams 8/1 , Firsteen 8/1

5.25 Dandizette 20/1
    Another one in the 5.25, and each way also.. I think this 3yr old is capable, and has just lost her way recently.. Her third run for Mrs Carr.. The first of the previous two was over C & D where she tried to make all and faded in the last furlong. Is racing off 52 today, and has won before from a mark of 69 last year over the same trip at Musselburgh on the turf. Am hoping Ruth has found the key to her. Jock is A Mullen, so that usually gives a sinking feeling. Hopefully he's on his game today.

No great confidence in any of the above, but I've not been confident before and done okay.

Looking forward to finding one at a price in the near future that I can be bullish about... Meanwhile, I'll still try and find a dart or three to throw most days, lest I get too lazy :p

G'luck :pac::pac:

Haven't done any studying last night and am just looking now.

Wolverhampton is on this evening, and I rarely let that meeting go without backing a few.

One I really like is Doctor Nuno; the paper favourite in the 7.40 at about 2/1. I don't like putting up too many shorties, and at 2s I would be tempted, but at 10/11 I'll leave him off. Still looks the one to beat all the same.

I've gone for two each way here, and one is yet another :p I've selected on here before; at least once, if not twice, but he has more to recommend him tonight.

7.40 Wolves Plumette 33/1 , Rusper's Lad 10/1
    The first is a bit of a punt, and may not stay, but, if she's held up I can at least her in contention a furlong out.

Kraka's also in this. Pretty sure I've put him up before too, but not today. I think 6 is more his bag.

The 2nd Rusper's Lad (put up before) is a 'hopeful' punt, but not a massive price. He seems to be slow away, but the trainer Oliver Signy has only had him a while. This will be his fourth run for the new trainer, and with the cheekpieces applied for the first time the selection can hopefully be smart out the gates. Another one; if things pan out can be staying on well (hopefully) at the end.

Good luck everyone :)

7/12

A couple I really like today, and one's a punt...

4.05 Wolves Greengage 8/1 e/w
    I think 12fs at the course is ideal for this mare. She was staying on well at the course over 2 1/2fs less a couple of runs back. That was in a Class 5 - goes today in a Class 6. Drawn wide in 10 should be ideal for a hold-up performer. Is twice a course winner, and has won over today's trip before at Newcastle.

3.55 Chelmsford Lady Alavesa 22/1 e/w
    Another mare, and performs best when held up. Only 8 in this race, so hopefully she won't encounter too much trouble when making a late bid for glory. Has been banging on the door the last twice she ran here (over C & D). I'm confident of a good run today at a juicy price.

Plumpton 2.05 Mon Petit Cheri 150/1 e/w hope :p
    I was scrolling through the racecard, and "The Chase" was on, and just as I was glancing at this one a question about Tony Blair was asked by Bradders. Could be written in stars, and her trainer who is also a female has been among the winners recently, and Paige the jockey has feminine credentials also. This one is a filly, so in the same ballpark as the other two (confident) selections. Stranger things have been known to happen eh?

Gluck :) Am due :D

It's getting chronic now :(

Glanced at that first race at Newcastle, and didn't have a proper look, as for some reason I thought it was an amateur race :mad:

Wins at 12/1. Fark me :pac:

Pity for the thread really and the P & L.. Whatever about those two previous ones I mentioned; would I have backed, or put them up here - I dunno??...Would definitely have put Greengage up.. So that's 1 big priced winner, a massive placer out of 2 runs from the three I picked at that time in the space of just over 24 hrs.. Lady Alavesa is definitely going up next time, if I see her out :D

15/12

Following on from yesterday's tale of woe where I spied too late a couple I put up before at massive prices I've noticed 2 running today that I've put up before; and I won't miss out again.

Granted, neither of em are anywhere near as big, but I'm not letting them go without having a jab..

Both e/w at Newcastle

3.45 Clay Regazzoni 5/1
    I believe he was a tad unlucky lto at Wolves, and had to go the long way around, as he couldn't get a rail sit.

5.25 Nellie French 20/1
    I see Laoise (who I also put up before) is in this race, but I think 5 is too short for her, so just Nellie for me in this.

Another few , also at Newcastle that I don't think I've put up before, and am going each way on are:

5.25 Dandizette 20/1
    Another one in the 5.25, and each way also.. I think this 3yr old is capable, and has just lost her way recently.. Her third run for Mrs Carr.. The first of the previous two was over C & D where she tried to make all and faded in the last furlong. Is racing off 52 today, and has won before from a mark of 69 last year over the same trip at Musselburgh on the turf. Am hoping Ruth has found the key to her. Jock is A Mullen, so that usually gives a sinking feeling. Hopefully he's on his game today.

No great confidence in any of the above, but I've not been confident before and done okay.

Looking forward to finding one at a price in the near future that I can be bullish about... Meanwhile, I'll still try and find a dart or three to throw most days, lest I get too lazy :p

NR now Blazing Dreams

15/12

Both e/w at Newcastle

3.45 Clay Regazzoni 5/1

5.25 Nellie French 20/1

5.25 Dandizette 20/1

And Fanning pulls the head off him giving him no chance; sends him forward about 3 1/2 fs out, and had zero chance at that stage with all the energy spent.. Rancid crooks :mad:

7.10 Wolves Swissal 9/1 e/w

Likes to be held up. About 1/2 the field like to be in front, so should suit one what comes from behind.

• Advertisement

Rubbish day so far :(

Really thought last race was tailor made for Swissal.

A couple in th next - hope springs eternal :P

Nothing there either - never even in with a shout. Just a crap day :mad: :(

These e/w

2.10 Ling Ghepardo 33/1
    2.30 Ludlow Brelan D'as 5/1
    2.55 Newbury Flaminger 4/1

15/12

Running P & L + 42.8pts

Invested 16pts. Blazing Dreams 4.55 NR @ 2pts. Total at play 14pts.

Returns - none

Total at play 14pts - returns zero

Loss for the day 14pts

Running invested total - 625pts

Total P & L + 28.8pts

12.20 Ludlow Iron Port 200/1 e/w punt

2 e/w at Lingfield
    2.45 Capriolette 13/2
    3.20 Melburnian 9/1

6.35 Kempton Maysong 8/1 e/w

7.35 Kempton Porto Ferro 40/1 e/w

One I've put up before, and she's too big to overlook today. Seems to be a lot of pace on in this 7f affair. Has never won over the trip, or the course, but has won off higher marks in the past. Racing off the basement rating (OR is 43) I'm hoping her 7lb claiming jockey C Hutchinson (who has ridden a few winners) can make the difference; and the selection can at least get a place by coming late to pass beaten horses - that's the hope and theory anyway :pac:

Gluck

7.05 Kempton Sarah's Verse 20/1 ew

This one is starting to get competitive in her recent two races, and has drifted out to a decent price. Is bigger than above with many o the books.

Gluck..... been poor recently, and due a turnaround

• Advertisement

6.05 Kempton Espresso Freddo 5/1 win

C & D winner lto... Looks value to win here.

Advertisement