Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Darndale Gang

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Funny thing half the people in here and other places complaining about these scummers would have no issue snorting a few lines of coke at the weekend. They are that thick they don't see the correlation between the two.

You're 100% right.

The people who buy the drugs are equally to blame.

Drug crime will only reduce when users are targeted. No demand, no filthy animals from Darndale running amok.

If there was a ten grand fine and 6 months in prison for every gram of cocaine in your possession, Tarquin and Joshua from Foxrock wouldnt be buying coke from Pajjoe and Nixer in Darndale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Anyone remember Harry Brown? Decent little vigilante flick with Michael Caine from '09 - we could do with a few Harry Browns around Darndale by the looks of things, if the Gardaí aren't willing to do anything.

Crop dusting contraceptive chemicals would be more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Funny thing half the people in here and other places complaining about these scummers would have no issue snorting a few lines of coke at the weekend. They are that thick they don't see the correlation between the two.

These areas were hardly utopias before the dominance of cocaine to be fair.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 24,965 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My God. Sinn Fein shoehorned into another thread and is now being blamed on something 4 years in the future.

Absolute state of this forum.

Absolute state of Sinn Fein.

A party literally littered with criminals at every level. A party who sees zero wrong with criminality.

A party who have defended enlisting convicted criminals to work behind the scenes on the party's general election campaigns, defended them when proposing criminals to be elected to the Dail and Seanad...

Just because they have an ever so slightly more wokey BS leader, sorry, public PR figurehead, we still understand who pulls the strings....

Keep them out of power, stay true and steadfast to democracy... Sinn Fein are all about keeping their support base happy and expanding it... nothing more.. with them in power the Democratic Republic ends.

Have we heard them condem anti social behaviors such as this ? Nope

Them and their supporters have used violence, thuggery, intimidation or defended it right throughout its history to achieve its aims and goals. Zero has changed...

Give me a FF / FG / Labour etc... as flawed, frustrating as they are.... you know what you get... SF in power would be going from darkness into a proper fûcking abyss.

They’d undermine the criminal justice system, they’d piss money up the wall on welfare... providing zero incentive for anybody who isn’t working to obtain work... no support for Gardai...zero deterrent for criminals... instead of a criminal conviction and sentence for aggravated burglary it would be some cash and a FAS course..and the circle starts again...

Basically a normal working person, with a nice house, car, fruits of ‘hard work’, would be sleeping with an eye open under SF... loads here would probably up sticks and relocate to a democracy... couldn’t blame them.

Good point but I don't think half the country are regular or even ever Daz users

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »
    You're 100% right.

The people who buy the drugs are equally to blame.

Drug crime will only reduce when users are targeted. No demand, no filthy animals from Darndale running amok.

If there was a ten grand fine and 6 months in prison for every gram of cocaine in your possession, Tarquin and Joshua from Foxrock wouldnt be buying coke from Pajjoe and Nixer in Darndale.

People are always going to do drugs, it's just a fact. Look at prohibition in the states, it doesn't work. Users don't want to fund these scrotes either, in fact, they'd probably be willing to pay a premium in the form of taxes were it legalised. We're already at the point where anybody who wants the stuff can get it easy, there's literally pages on instagram (no pun intended) openly selling the stuff, the state may as well make some cash off the trade and save on policing costs too.

And before you say, just because something's legal doesn't mean everyone and their mother's suddenly gonna run out and do it. If heroin or coke were to become legal tomorrow would you be rushing to pick some up? I certainly wouldn't - but I'd be happier knowing their cash is going to the exchequer and not these scumbag pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Tarquin and Joshua from Foxrock wouldnt be buying coke from Pajjoe and Nixer in Darndale.

Why are people, or at least the media, so obsessed with this idea that most people in Foxrock etc are on sniff.

They really arent. It's primarily endemic in the places drugs have always been endemic.

Do you really think the average 510 point Gonzaga educated rugger lad is "mad" enough for gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a video doing the rounds from same area back in October of a man who got sick of the scrotes hanging around and decided to increase the peace with his fists, joyous to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Why are people, or at least the media, so obsessed with this idea that most people in Foxrock etc are on sniff.

They really arent. It's primarily endemic in the places drugs have always been endemic.

Do you really think the average 510 point Gonzaga educated rugger lad is "mad" enough for gear?

They're all at it, this is a classless problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

There was a massive coke problem in Loreto on the Green back when I was in school. It shocked me as, rough as my own school was, there wasn't even a hint of anything worse than a few joints going around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

AmberGold wrote: »
    They're all at it, this is a classless problem.

They aren't at all, "all at it".
    Maybe that says more about you and your social circle?

In any case, Joshua doing a line at the weekend isn't the same as tayto injecting rest poison every day.
    Sure the source of the drugs is the same but give me 100 Joshua's over 1 tayto, anyday.

There was a massive coke problem in Loreto on the Green back when I was in school. It shocked me as, rough as my own school was, there wasn't even a hint of anything worse than a few joints going around.

A massive come problem in loreto is 3 girls caught doing it, a massive coke problem in darndale is hundreds of families impacted by endemic drug use and trafficking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People really believe this huh ?

Its widespread in society

GreeBo wrote: »
    A massive come problem in loreto is 3 girls caught doing it, a massive coke problem in darndale is hundreds of families impacted by endemic drug use and trafficking.

Cocaine is a rich mans drug. Wouldnt be that widespread in Darndale as its too expensive. Other drugs more prevalent. Heroin thankfully not widespread at all. That was the generation of the late 80s and 90s mostly. Obviously there is still a few

Cocaine is a rich mans drug. Wouldnt be that widespread in Darndale as its too expensive. Other drugs more prevalent. Heroin thankfully not widespread at all. That was the generation of the late 80s and 90s mostly. Obviously there is still a few

Ah so the drug that is all over Irish society is also really only available to the top 5% of people?

Something not adding up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Bonniedog wrote: »
    It is. I live in a more settled working class part of the city, and while there are scum around, they don't have that all pervasive menace that is palpable in places like Darndale. I walked through it one time with a friend and at some point there are actually very few street lights and no paths. And no one around other than the odd person hurrying home and of course the scum.

She was involved in election campaigns in the area, and told me that in one winter election almost nobody in Darndale came out to vote after it began to get dark. i wouldn't consider myself to be a shrinking violet but was genuinely scared going through the place. Only equivalent to that was one day working out in Adamstown, where we decided to abandon ship when it was obvious the local hoods were following us about. A lot of it has to do with the physical appearance of the place. I doubt whichever planner drew them up would want to live in them.

Ive a cousin who is as tough as they come. He was a bouncer in the city center for years and he would give Conor McGregor a run for his money.
    He was cyclin on the Malahide road , past Darndale. A little scumbag ran out and pushed him off is bike. Then a load of them jumped on him and kicked the living daylights out of him.

By the time they were finished he had a broken eye socket, a broken nose and a couple of broken ribs.

I asked him how they got the better of HIM. He said there were about 10 of them. I said they must have been big fkers and then he says, not one of them was older than about 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

If there was the will to stop them they could be stopped, on the one day get a load of warrants, search houses of all known scum in the area, if any illegal substances found start the eviction process. Guards, along with armed back up posted 24/7 for a couple of months and 0 tolerance policy enacted.

This would never happen as the usual lefties would be against it, claim it infringes on rights etc... The ones caught would get a slap on the wrist and the guards would be filmed every time they enter by the scumbags/sympathisers who would edit the videos highly and claim police brutality while at the same time issuing death threats and intimidation.

There is just 0 political will to sort these things as the loudest people in society shout for more freebies/benefits and no responsibilities to go with them.

Ah so the drug that is all over Irish society is also really only available to the top 5% of people?

Because people mix. Very few people can afford to do coke as their primary drug.. ie, having it all the time. Most people will alternate through a variety of drugs (depending on their needs or addictions), but alcohol being the middle of it all.

Prevent people from having Alcohol for a few months, and it will be extremely easy to identify anyone who is a relatively heavy drug user.

What are you talking about ? Yes people in Darndale take it along with every other estate like it. Its used sporadically though as its too expensive for people to use it all the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,333 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I would legalise every drug and have places to go where they could be taken under the supervision of medical personnel.
    It would make half the crime in Ireland disappear over night. Fighting drugs is a waste of time and resources.

• Advertisement

We need a Duterte type to solve this.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I would legalise every drug and have places to go where they could be taken under the supervision of medical personnel.
    It would make half the crime in Ireland disappear over night. Fighting drugs is a waste of time and resources.

Yes, cigarettes are legal and no one sells them on the blackmarket.
    A gram of daz for €140 with a VAT receipt and you snort it in front of a medic in a snorting chamber........ no one will buy a gram for €70 off the local Canada Goose clad crew to snort at their leisure :)

Dream on.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think we are quite different here. I'd never consider taking a drug for which I needed medical personnel watching over me, nor do I think we should create such places.
    I'm well aware people take shrooms or other drugs and they need supervision during their high, I just don't think society should condone it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Yep! Not a bad estate, went through rough patches like everywhere else- but generally decent enough!

Many a good night in the Kinsealy Inn with friends from Melrose Park!

Because people mix. Very few people can afford to do coke as their primary drug.. ie, having it all the time. Most people will alternate through a variety of drugs (depending on their needs or addictions), but alcohol being the middle of it all.

Prevent people from having Alcohol for a few months, and it will be extremely easy to identify anyone who is a relatively heavy drug user.

Sure, but that doesnt in any way mean that most of Ireland is taking cocaine or any other drug with any sort of regularity, which seems to be the idea some on here are trying to push.
    What are you talking about ? Yes people in Darndale take it along with every other estate like it. Its used sporadically though as its too expensive for people to use it all the time.

As above, *some* people in Darndale and estates like it do, not nearly a large percentage of Irish people do.

Part of the problem with scrotes like this is that they allow some people to tar everyone in the area with the same brush, as has been said many times on here, this is simply not the case.

biko wrote: »
    I think we are quite different here. I'd never consider taking a drug for which I needed medical personnel watching over me, nor do I think we should create such places.
    I'm well aware people take shrooms or other drugs and they need supervision during their high, I just don't think society should condone it.

I have mixed feelings.
    I don't condone drug use at all and would have much time for anyone who takes them, but on the other hand if legalising drugs meant we immediately removed dealers and the associations that go with them I might be willing to go down that road.

If you could get drugs cheaply from Spar for example, (other than severe security issues) that would mean that the only people impacted by drugs are the people who take drugs (and to some degree their families)

Right now it's the users and then all the people impacted by the dealers, pushers, low-level runners, etc. You also have the associated crime with people trying to feed a habit.

I think I could get behind an approach that simply removes families from these social estates and relegates them into far cheaper, areas outside of major cities.
    Since we dont have enough resources for everyone, we should prioritise the people who want the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Thats waffle, cocaine is prevelant in every walk of society in Ireland . I work with people from the north inner city and they all do coke. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean they don't do it. Most sell it anyway . My mates used to buy coke off travellers in clondakin years ago. I was on a double stag do a few years ago and all the gaa lads from the local club who i all though were angels were sniffing there heads off in the hotel . Cocaine is far from a rich man's drug in Ireland , your as likely to find it in the biggest dive of a pub as you would to a posh pub in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Drugs are a different story. They will get you for the drugs. Especially if its evil marijuana plants. Gardai caught a man with the makings of a pinner last week .

tbh the gardai would have everyone in neilstown in the cell if that was the case, but increasingly your finding 16 year olds with a kilo of coke and a pistol in their rooms etc..

Thats waffle, cocaine is prevelant in every walk of society in Ireland . I work with people from the north inner city and they all do coke. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean they don't do it. Most sell it anyway . My mates used to buy coke off travellers in clondakin years ago. I was on a double stag do a few years ago and all the gaa lads from the local club who i all though were angels were sniffing there heads off in the hotel . Cocaine is far from a rich man's drug in Ireland , your as likely to find it in the biggest dive of a pub as you would to a posh pub in Dublin

absolutely +1 , the teenyboppers are all on ket as its half the price, but you can get bags of 'mixed' coke for 60 quid a gram, even a lot of students and factory workers would pay that for an evening on the lines.

• Advertisement

with the exception of opiats and some coke users , the users generally aren't the problem, you can decriminalise or legalise possession and it'll do very little, its the dealers are the problem. Traveller gangs in louth and the Dublin gangs are all killing each other for profits from the coke trade. the can of worms is open, how to close it is a question nobody answered but 'let them at it' is an insanely irresponsible thing to do.

Advertisement