Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

cena wrote: »
    Who is going to spend 19,000 pounds on a tv

I remember seeing an LG TV I think it was in Harvey Norman, I think it was 70 odd inches a few years back for 30 something grand, it’s way below 10 now... remember thinking “it’s either that or a new mondeo...hmm”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Sent it to the boss as a joke, he's seriously considering it for his other business (pub), could write it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Free delivery in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Pair of Lohas WiFi Smart bulbs (B22 connector) for 13.59 + 30% voucher discount so should get these for around €10

Deal ends in 5hrs. 80% claimed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D2DLGFW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_dDtXFbBRMM4KM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I spent 1500 on one the weekend but if I had a spare 20 grand I'd have done it. Love me a good TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

can you get these things to tap a keyboard ala Homer Simpson?

asking for a friend.

Google Mouse jiggler.
    Wink wink
    No need to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Aquos76 wrote: »
    What did you do after you got the email after it was eventually delivered asking you to return the items?
    I haven't got any email yet asking to return items, some items are still displaying as not delivered even though they were, one arrived today and is now displaying as delivered so I presume I will get an email for this one but also got a delivery last week for a refunded item and still no email requesting payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

mrcheez wrote: »
    The Switchbots are on sale again... not quite as good as the discount 2 weeks ago, but still decent

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B4D9KVX

I just dont get these at all , i ordered one then was thinking why,

interested to hear what people have these for,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Pair of Lohas WiFi Smart bulbs (B22 connector) for 13.59 + 30% voucher discount so should get these for around €10

Deal ends in 5hrs. 80% claimed

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D2DLGFW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_dlC_dDtXFbBRMM4KM

What 30% voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

What 30% voucher?

Warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

leex wrote: »
    Warehouse

This is a lightning deal? Not a warehouse deal, or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

torrevieja wrote: »

Was thinking the same but ordered one based on one of the reviews. It will allow me to make the immersion "smart". At present I don't even have a timer on the immersion so I rely on the boiler via my Tado smart heating system to heat the water.
    That's fine during the winter but in summer I'd rather not use the gas to heat the water. Now I'll hopefully be able to set the immersion on a timed routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

leex wrote: »
    Warehouse
    This is a lightning deal? Not a warehouse deal, or am I missing something?

Its a lightening deal that earlier had a 30% off voucher with it. Those vouchers must be gone now because the deal is 95% claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Thanks be to Jeebus that's over....

Phew! There's a shtink of melting plastic all over the gaff...

Pssst! Wanna buy a bridge? :P

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'm using mine on the heating switch. It's more so for when we are out and you'd like to have the house warm when you come home. The heating system in the house is quite old and I don't think you could install a smart thermostat.

Zardoz wrote: »

Awsome!!

Here's my house tomorrow:

Me: 'Mornin' Desiree! :D
    Her: Wot U so Happy fer?
    Me: Just saved us 50 grand! :D
    Her: WOT??? 'OW DE FUK U SAVED US FITTY GRAND???
    Me: Bought us a new TV! :D
    Her: WOT DE FUK??? WE GOT OU'SELVES FIIIIVE TVS AWREDDY!!!
    Me: Not like this one!!! It's a Hundred Grand TV.... And I only paid half... Sooo... Saved us Fifty Grand! :D
    Her: GIMME DA FITTY YOU SAVED!!! I'M GONNA GET ME DAT NEW TESLA AN' REALLY SAVE US SUM MONEY!!!
    Me: DOH!!!! :O :O

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cena wrote:

I know a chap that did, sounds like he has a wee cinema setup, sounds amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Wanderer78 wrote: »

The sound should be the lowest priority on a €19,000 tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

But it's free delivery.....

Wanderer78 wrote: »

And then bitched about having to buy a TV license...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

iHungry wrote: »
    Took a punt on this watch box. Reduced to £1.72 with a 60% off voucher applied at checkout.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B085ZR48D1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_pxNWFb2N7YB4R

This arrived today. Fairly useless for holding watches in fairness! But for the cost, I've turned it into a nice small tool box for screwdrivers etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Watch yer parcel sizes with PM and addresspal.

PM will reject anything that wont fit in a locker, and AP will hit you for an oversize charge.

Vacuum cleaners are NOT drop-box service friendly! ;-(

ParcelMotel are OK with oversized, and I've had stuff that was packed in larger boxes than I expected. They diverted it to the nearest Nightline Depot (that could be a fair distance, in fairness) after letting me know and letting me choose. They will also deliver it via Nightline (now UPS, perhaps) to any address you like, but there's an extra charge.

https://parcelmotel.com/prices/#prices-oversized

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got a Dyson delivered to ParcelWizard without issue a few years back too.

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    ParcelMotel are OK with oversized, and I've had stuff that was packed in larger boxes than I expected. They diverted it to the nearest Nightline Depot (that could be a fair distance, in fairness) after letting me know and letting me choose. They will also deliver it via Nightline (now UPS, perhaps) to any address you like, but there's an extra charge.

https://parcelmotel.com/prices/#prices-oversized

My comment related to vacuum cleaners specifically. Here's their notice on the website:

PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF NOVEMBER 1ST UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST, WE CAN’T ACCEPT LARGE PARCELS MEASURING MORE THAN 95 X 48 X 55CM (ROUGHLY THE EQUIVALENT OF A WHEELIE BIN).

Most upright vacuum cleaners appear to be above 95cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    My comment related to vacuum cleaners specifically. Here's their notice on the website:

PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF NOVEMBER 1ST UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST, WE CAN’T ACCEPT LARGE PARCELS MEASURING MORE THAN 95 X 48 X 55CM (ROUGHLY THE EQUIVALENT OF A WHEELIE BIN).

Most upright vacuum cleaners appear to be above 95cm.

That’s one small wheelie bin!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

dodzy wrote: »
    That’s one small wheelie bin!

You might say it'd be fairly rubbish

antodeco wrote: »
    You might say it'd be fairly rubbish

OUCH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Set of kitchen knives 52% off on a lightning deal, were £19.99 now £9.59
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Stainless-Coating-Santoku-5Utility/dp/B07DPM5C7S/ref=gbps_img___7a85e25b?smid=A24FJKWQFOJFF0
    Seem to get good reviews for the price

Ordered these after seeing this post on Monday, collected them from PM locker last night, pretty impressive! I haven't used them yet, but they look like a decent enough set for very little money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement