Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Summer2020 wrote: »
    Great result. I missed out on that deal ! How do you end up with 7 instead of 12, like clearly they would have known!
    Pops up every few weeks..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009PKZKNS?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Basq wrote: »

Thanks have subscribed to be notified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Henryq.

Packages shipped but still in UK will they get here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Maybe wrong thread but, with Brexit looming and a no deal looking most likely, are our Amazon days as we know them coming to an end?

I have some credit on my account and am inclined to use it before the year end because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

adox wrote: »
    Maybe wrong thread but, with Brexit looming and a no deal looking most likely, are our Amazon days as we know them coming to an end?

I have some credit on my account and am inclined to use it before the year end because of it.

For now you can still purchase from Amazon UK from 01Jan2021 and not incur any extra charges as long as the value including postage does not go above €22. A customs value of more than €22 you will have to pay import VAT.

Note: From 1 July 2021 import VAT will be payable on all goods entering the EU, irrespective of their value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Henryq. wrote: »
    Packages shipped but still in UK will they get here?

Should be OK. Amazon seem to be making a big effort - I ordered 4 items on Dec 5th -about €55 worth. Amazon have shipped them as individual items even though they are charging me zero postage, and 2 were delivered here yesterday by An Post, expecting the other 2 today (per An Post text this morning).

I don't have Prime or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

bromley52 wrote: »
    For now you can still purchase from Amazon UK from 01Jan2021 and not incur any extra charges as long as the value including postage does not go above €22. A customs value of more than €22 you will have to pay import VAT.

Note: From 1 July 2021 import VAT will be payable on all goods entering the EU, irrespective of their value

But Amazon already charge Irish VAT on any purchases made so surely that wont change. It will be purchases over €150 that will attract a customs charge that will be an additional cost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

bladespin wrote: »
    Shark Hoover for £139.99

Did anyone end up getting one of these?

I got one, and it seemed great, but very quickly the suction seemed to diminish. I've checked every single part for blockages and can't find the issued.

tusk wrote: »

I got one, and it seemed great, but very quickly the suction seemed to diminish. I've checked every single part for blockages and can't find the issued.

It's usually only the filter or the bag on Hoover's

Are you sucking a lot of dust?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

Yes, and the suction is rubbish. Mine was really poor straight out of the box. Amazon are sending out a replacement to me, but now that I've seen your post I'm not hopeful that the replacement will be any better.

ETA: There's definitely a fault with mine, as the green light on the main floor deck comes on and the brush rotates on the hard floor setting. Amazon CS conferenced in a CS rep from Shark on the call, who said that should only happen on the carpet setting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

https://homeplix.com/shark-vacuum-troubleshooting/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basq wrote: »
    This is back for anyone interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,690 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

bromley52 wrote: »

Mate of mine still reckons that the fulfilment centre in Dublin will be expanded. Have to wait and see, but amazon.ie would be nice!

I tend to mostly buy electronics or things like laptops from Amazon (and UK eBay sellers) and the big issue I can see with switching to the DE site or whatever site will be things like keyboard languages, chargers etc. Will be a right pain.

Hopefully Boris and the rest will sort something out at the last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭event

I'm still waiting on them to dispatch a Hue set to me from 20/11. Been on to them 3 times now and they keep saying it'll be next few days. Back up to full price now and they have them in stock, its a bit of a joke

event wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on them to dispatch a Hue set to me from 20/11. Been on to them 3 times now and they keep saying it'll be next few days. Back up to full price now and they have them in stock, its a bit of a joke

They're gone downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

I ordered 4 things yesterday afternoon. Banging down my door at 8am when I was in bed delivering them this morning. Top notch as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Mate of mine still reckons that the fulfilment centre in Dublin will be expanded. Have to wait and see, but amazon.ie would be nice!

I tend to mostly buy electronics or things like laptops from Amazon (and UK eBay sellers) and the big issue I can see with switching to the DE site or whatever site will be things like keyboard languages, chargers etc. Will be a right pain.

Hopefully Boris and the rest will sort something out at the last minute

The problem with the fulfilment center here is that if the goods come from the UK Amazon will have to pay customs charges on top of charging vat if the total value of the shipment is over €150. It nearly makes more sense to ship things individually to customers from the UK if the value is below €150.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Based in Drogheda and I'm now getting next day delivery on a lot of items.

Will you be stung for customs if you order near Christmas?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Henryq. wrote: »
    Will you be stung for customs if you order near Christmas?

Not if you are charged at time of purchase which Amazon tend to do most of the time now. There is still loads of unknowns about what will happen come Jan 1st.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not if you are charged at time of purchase which Amazon tend to do most of the time now. There is still loads of unknowns about what will happen come Jan 1st.

They usually do ya, they will if I use gift card

I ordered an Echo Dot (3rd Gen) for £18.99 on Prime Day. It was due to land here in early December. It failed to arrive and is now considered to be lost by Amazon who have offered a refund. However, I don't want a refund- I want the Echo Dot. But they say they have none... WTF?? They're still selling them, FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I ordered an Echo Dot (3rd Gen) for £18.99 on Prime Day. It was due to land here in early December. It failed to arrive and is now considered to be lost by Amazon who have offered a refund. However, I don't want a refund- I want the Echo Dot. But they say they have none... WTF?? They're still selling them, FFS!!

Did you buy a 3rd generation? I've only seen 4th generation for sale

Caranica wrote: »
    Did you buy a 3rd generation? I've only seen 4th generation for sale

Yes. 3rd Gen is still for sale..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Yes. 3rd Gen is still for sale..

It says they won't be in stock until 2nd February so that's why they're probably offering you the refund instead unless you want to wait until the 2nd February, but you'll end up paying the new vat charges by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

shocksy wrote: »
    It says they won't be in stock until 2nd February so that's why they're probably offering you the refund instead unless you want to wait until the 2nd February, but you'll end up paying the new vat charges by then.

Isn't the vat rate changing back on the 1st March?

They apparently lost 3 on me also, had to take a refund in the end, obviously they oversold them in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Isn't the vat rate changing back on the 1st March?

Brexit related vat. Import vat due to customs.

You living under a tree lately? Hahaha

The is a lot of confusion still surrounding Brexit and VAT rates, would I not be correct in saying that if Amazon is selling an item to outside the EU, then the item must first be free from UK VAT ie, 20% cheaper, only then if Amazon agree to collect VAT for the Irish government would our VAT rate be added back on to the item, and then sent out as normal so in a way, this is no change to how things currently operate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'm not sure the UK has to give up on their VAT but I think the general answer to that is yes.

Customs kicks in at €150 though so be aware of that and is charged on top of VAT.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement