Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon warehouse 30% off

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

ablelocks wrote: »
    i've to do a bit of research, but i think it may be too good a deal to send it back - used price was £720, so with the discount was £504. For a hp gaming laptop, that seems great value.

One of the few advantages of buying from Amazon Warehouse is free returns for any reason.

With an item like you laptop I would ensure that you are getting exactly what you paid for. It wouldn't be that unusual for components to be swapped out and returned, so straight away I'd check the memory and hard drive is what it should be.

At a much lower level of product I bought a set of sockets from Amazon Warehouse where all the brand names ones had been replaced with cheap Chinese substitutes.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

One of the few advantages of buying from Amazon Warehouse is free returns for any reason.

With an item like you laptop I would ensure that you are getting exactly what you paid for. It wouldn't be that unusual for components to be swapped out and returned, so straight away I'd check the memory and hard drive is what it should be.

At a much lower level of product I bought a set of sockets from Amazon Warehouse where all the brand names ones had been replaced with cheap Chinese substitutes.

bad bastards. you couldn't be up to some people!

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Just wondering, did you have to actually press Buy Now for the 30% to be applied [I'm looking at an ASUS TUF laptop ("Used - Acceptable")]?

not sure if you're still looking, but this ASUS TUF is eligible for the discount - used very good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

not sure if you're still looking, but this ASUS TUF is eligible for the discount - used very good

Some of the reviews are damning

mad m wrote: »
    Some of the reviews are damning

fair play - i saw the 30% discount and stopped reading...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Is it a free return though? Do Amazon actually pay postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Is it a free return though? Do Amazon actually pay postage?

Yes....You print off a label which states free postage and bring to post office....they scan and give you receipt.

Won't be long now until Arsenal have the exact same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Just got these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08663JG2V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with 30% off and free delivery came to €19.63 over €36 new so great bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bought 2 things this afternoon:

Karcher VW1 Windows Vac (Like New) - under €30 delivered.
    ORAL-B Power Pro 2 2500 CrossAction Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush (Like New) - under €24 delivered.

Still some good deals to be had IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Basq wrote: »

Quality piece of kit them. Use the one I got last year all the time.

nearly everything i've got in the last week has been from the warehouse. I don't think they've ever offered a 30% discount before....?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I’ve been getting 30% warehouse deals almost every day, lots of DIY stuff, brushes, rollers, paint tray inserts etc, car cleaning gear, all the sort of stuff where I don’t care about the packaging

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

LOL, just looked at my account, 18 30% off orders gone in

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mr.oiseau

ORAL-B Power Pro 2 2500 CrossAction Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush (Like New) - under €24 delivered.

Still some good deals to be had IMO.

I cannot see the kracher for under 30e? Must be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

nearly everything i've got in the last week has been from the warehouse. I don't think they've ever offered a 30% discount before....?

They had it for Black Friday last year aswell

mr.oiseau wrote: »
    I cannot see the kracher for under 30e? Must be gone
    Was the only one I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Is there a certain time of day that stock tends to get added to the warehouse or is it luck of the draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Is there a certain time of day that stock tends to get added to the warehouse or is it luck of the draw?

Luck of the draw, I though logging on at midnight would mean changes but quickly realised not to be. Just seem to add stuff randomly throughout the day so unless someone knows differently it's the luck of the draw!

Also items reduce over time so they're added close to retail price, depending on condition obviously, and will slowly decrease the longer they go unbought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Also items reduce over time so they're added close to retail price, depending on condition obviously, and will slowly decrease the longer they go unbought.

Oh really?
    Was looking at something but by the time I checked the reviews on it it was gone - was a good price with the reduction but still ended up getting 23% off for Cyber Monday for it brand new (considering what it was probably the best route)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Picked up a Netgear Orbi WiFi 6 Mesh 2 pack on the German warehouse for €470 delivered of which €16 was postage. Best price in the normal site was €686 on .de and £699 on .co.uk website. Very happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Prices are high before the 30%, nothing like previous sales

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Can you search for a specific item in the Warehouse Department ?

I can only see options to search by category which is time consuming.

If I search from the search tab on the main site page will it bring up warehouse products as well?

If I search from the search tab on the main site page will it bring up warehouse products as well?

Use the search bar here. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

If u bring up the new item doesn't it show the used ones underneath?

Use the search bar here. :)
    Pasteur. wrote: »
    If u bring up the new item doesn't it show the used ones underneath?

Thanks lads, so all used ones will always include the Warehouse deals also?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Thanks lads, so all used ones will always include the Warehouse deals also?

When you click on more buying options it will say on the used one "sold by Amazon warehouse"

omega42 wrote: »
    When you click on more buying options it will say on the used one "sold by Amazon warehouse"

I've noticed that the warehouse deals don't show up on some products.

There is an open box Oral B 2500 toothbrush deal in the warehouse which doesn't show up under open box like new when searching the product.

• Advertisement

I've noticed that the warehouse deals don't show up on some products.

There is an open box Oral B 2500 toothbrush deal in the warehouse which doesn't show up under open box like new when searching the product.

It will show up here if you search for it. However, it will only show up from searching on this different page if it's eligible for the 30% off.

Advertisement