Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon warehouse 30% off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Basq wrote: »
    Bought 2 things this afternoon:

Karcher VW1 Windows Vac (Like New) - under €30 delivered.
    ORAL-B Power Pro 2 2500 CrossAction Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush (Like New) - under €24 delivered.

Still some good deals to be had IMO.

Agree with Darragh re: the window vac!
    My Mrs loves her's!
    I sprung for the safety harness too tho
    Ala Mrs Doyle :P

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Summer2020

ablelocks wrote: »

That’s not a great deal really.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Has anyone had any issues with items from this not being dispatched? I've 2 items shown as pending, one since 23nov. No money has been taken from my account for either item (card details are saved and lots of other orders placed before during and after these too). They are large items and I was surprised they shipped to Ireland so hoping it's not the case that there was a mistake and they're cancelled on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CH3OH

hogandrew wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues with items from this not being dispatched? I've 2 items shown as pending, one since 23nov. No money has been taken from my account for either item (card details are saved and lots of other orders placed before during and after these too). They are large items and I was surprised they shipped to Ireland so hoping it's not the case that there was a mistake and they're cancelled on me.

I'm in the same boat

1 item Ordered 20th November. I have rang them twice and just get the standard "your order is being processed"

• Advertisement

from later this week and into next week keep an eye on warehouse as impulse and buyer remorse items get returned to amazon - even without the 30% warehouse prices can see decent reductions...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Has amazon uk removed free returns for warehouse items or have I mixed something up here? Nothing about free returns in T&C anymore. Practically, you can still return for free, but you need to claim a fault or incorrect description, where the latter might cover for a lot cases of disappointment with the item. I believe it used to be free return within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

Has amazon uk removed free returns for warehouse items or have I mixed something up here? Nothing about free returns in T&C anymore. Practically, you can still return for free, but you need to claim a fault or incorrect description, where the latter might cover for a lot cases of disappointment with the item. I believe it used to be free return within 30 days for a full refund, no questions asked.

no free refunds for anything except faulty or other issues. change of mind incurs a fee of £9.00 now.

im quite unhappy with this as the value of the item would not make it worth that. it applies to amazon prime customers as well for new stuff as well as warehouse stuff

Yeah, that, combined with way smaller discounts than in the past makes the warehouse sales mostly unattractive now. Say a computer monitor "like new' in a damaged box, a few pounds cheaper than new and that at a price of hundreds of pounds - would have to be desperate to bite on that. No manufacturer warranty, only 30 days cover by Amazon, the box might be in tatters with the monitor inside possibly damaged in transit or perhaps was returned by a customer because of of minor but annoying display faults. Recently, I have only been buying warehouse items when I needed them specifically and they were unavailable new, else it's a waste of time and a sign of things to come as Amazon gets more and more confident with their market share and stock value and doesn't need to play super nice anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

Statutory rights still give you 14 days to change your mind regardless of the Amazon terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You are correct T&C did used to state that Warehouse returns were free.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Niall20 wrote: »
    Statutory rights still give you 14 days to change your mind regardless of the Amazon terms
    Sure, but you have to pay for the return shipping. Often that alone costs more than the difference between new and used.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

As mentioned though it looks like this change in policy affects new items as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

They've been going south for a while now

Got the customer base now

fyi - i'm getting an extra €11 from amazon.de to cover some of the shipping cost on a return of a warehouse item.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I know a bit off topic but does anyone know what Amazon's plans are come the new year e.g. order off the UK site but delivery from Germany or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

fritzelly wrote: »
    I know a bit off topic but does anyone know what Amazon's plans are come the new year e.g. order off the UK site but delivery from Germany or something?

They seem to be putting more and more facilities into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Spipov wrote: »
    no free refunds for anything except faulty or other issues. change of mind incurs a fee of £9.00 now.

im quite unhappy with this as the value of the item would not make it worth that. it applies to amazon prime customers as well for new stuff as well as warehouse stuff
    That's very annoying, I didn't realise that, ordered something from warehouse and it's on the way, too late to cancel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Can you select " item not as described" on the return page to get a free refund

Has it all changed now

I did notice a downward trend overall in CS

august12 wrote: »
    That's very annoying, I didn't realise that, ordered something from warehouse and it's on the way, too late to cancel.
    You can refuse the delivery. Whenever you attempt to cancel an order too late in the process of dispatching, Amazon sends you an email saying they were unable to cancel, but that you can refuse the parcel on delivery. That order is however not marked in any visible way as "attempted cancellation", so you can straight out refuse any delivery from Amazon for a full refund with no return fee deduction. This concept does tend to confuse the delivery guys though, both Amazon's own and independent.

Also, if the delivery is by Amazon, you will have a cancel option on the order page all the way until you receive it, though the effect is the same in both cases - you get a full refund once the rejected parcel reaches their warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This back with 20% off !! Until 15 th dec !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

This back with 20% off !! Until 15 th dec !!

Just checked it out I only get offered 14 items which includes a facial hair remover, some high waisted ladies jeans, Shirley basseys greatest hits and some of those sketchers asylum slippers, think I’ll pass

Just checked it out I only get offered 14 items which includes a facial hair remover, some high waisted ladies jeans, Shirley basseys greatest hits and some of those sketchers asylum slippers, think I’ll pass

Its selected items so you have to check and see ur item qualifies.

dji osmo pocket and osmo pocket 2 are there with 20% discount

I generally search the warehouse selection by the brand or the product that I'm interested in and that helps narrow down the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Its selected items so you have to check and see ur item qualifies.

I know but when I go to the dedicated 20% off store link that’s all I get, which certainly wasn’t the case on BF for the 30%

This is the search bar to use to find the 20% offers by the by.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/b?node=8873236031&sa-no-redirect=1

Seems to be different items/brands than last time. Some products are much more appealing to me, managed to pick up the last of some hard to find weight plates for example.

I have this weight bench and find it good, might appeal to others (only one left).

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/JX-FITNESS-Adjustable-Training-Multiuse/dp/B07B8FL81T/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bench&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1607592883&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-1

Edit: Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

What more could you possibly need. You will look the business

This is back with 20% off again !

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

If buying items under ~£22 , combining vat and warehouse discounts will give you cca 33% off

• Advertisement

go4it wrote: »
    If buying items under ~£22 , combining vat and warehouse discounts will give you cca 33% off

Import duty still applies ?

Advertisement