Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lockdown Discussion ** No discussion of breaking Restrictions **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Exactly wrote:
    "To address some confusion: the current restrictions end on Tuesday morning, not Tuesday night - pending further decisions, December 1 is the first day on which the current restrictions no longer apply"

Wouldn't it be helpful if the time was expressed as 12.01 instead of midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

etxp wrote: »
    No reason why they cant take bookings, they could presume previous guidelines and adjust after.

That's completely messy. Just don't allow bookings now and open them up when they know what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

First Up wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be helpful if the time was expressed as 12.01 instead of midnight?
    Well that would be more confusing since 12:01 on Tuesday is just after midday. 00:01 is one minute after midnight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

prawnsambo wrote:
    Well that would be more confusing since 12:01 on Tuesday is just after midday. 00:01 is one minute after midnight.

Would 12.01 am be OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

Booking for my club for next Wednesday 02Dec opens later this evening at 7pm. No details yet in regards to number of players per line. The slots are at 10min intervals.

Reminder alarm is set so I can get a booking hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

First Up wrote: »
    Would 12.01 am be OK?
    Am be ok too. Thanks for asking. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Surprised we haven't heard anything at this stage. Anyone here anything at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You have something to back this up with?

Yes I do. The minister said it in his statement.

And no I haven’t played golf to other question

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Surprised we haven't heard anything at this stage. Anyone here anything at all?

Golf reopens from Tuesday morning, along with other sports. No extra restrictions than their were before lockdown. (Extra restrictions on food service, and bar w/food can’t I open until friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Got a notification email from my course that time sheet is open tonight for bookings starting from next Wednesday onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Well, what's the story? Conflicting info from the last 2 comments. Is it Tuesday or Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

According to GUI clubs can open Tuesday. My own club is opening on Wednesday but that could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

We're back Tuesday lads!!

4 balls if 10 min intervals
    3 balls if its 9 min
    2 balls if 8 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

No inter county travel until 18th Dec. That’ll prevent a lot playing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Castleknock open Tuesday, timesheet open Monday 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

not yet wrote: »
    Castleknock open Tuesday, timesheet open Monday 11am.

Casual only for a week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

hurikane wrote: »
    No inter county travel until 18th Dec. That’ll prevent a lot playing

I know plenty of people who would have been able to play if it was 5k but can't now because there's no intercounty travel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

tvc15 wrote: »
    I know plenty of people who would have been able to play if it was 5k but can't now because there's no intercounty travel

No restrictions on visitors unless I missed something? I'm sure it will be hard to get a green fee even so but it would be a chance at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Timesheets for us opened on BRS at 9am this morning.

Few people straight onto it, but all-in-all, not near the level of early demand there was the last time.

• Advertisement

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    No restrictions on visitors unless I missed something? I'm sure it will be hard to get a green fee even so but it would be a chance at least.

Our club and I presume all Carr golf outfits have a self imposed restriction on visitors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭blue note

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Our club and I presume all Carr golf outfits have a self imposed restriction on visitors

Yep, corballis have the first three days reserved for members. And at the moment on chronogolf it looks like the first 3 Saturdays are basically entirely booked out by societies until half twelve, but they've confirmed they'll release unused Saturday society times to members by 8am on Friday.

blue note wrote: »
    Yep, corballis have the first three days reserved for members. And at the moment on chronogolf it looks like the first 3 Saturdays are basically entirely booked out by societies until half twelve, but they've confirmed they'll release unused Saturday society times to members by 8am on Friday.

Us and Castleknock have no societies until March

I am wondering if our reciprical deals stand

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

tvc15 wrote: »

I am 3k from my club but it is in a different county. However I will be playing in my club next week. Common sense needs to be applied. It is safer for me to travel 3k than to travel 20k in my county to play in a different course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fairwayslost

AOH77A wrote: »
    I am 3k from my club but it is in a different county. However I will be playing in my club next week. Common sense needs to be applied. It is safer for me to travel 3k than to travel 20k in my county to play in a different course.

I agree.. common sense badly needed.. I would much prefer to play my own club "illegally" rather than arrive as a visitor in another club legally..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

AOH77A wrote: »

There are plenty of clubs situated near county borders, (my own included), and would have members from both sides of the border. In these cases the county limit for travel is just daft.
    I live just 3 km from my club but across the county border. Strangely enough when we had the more restrictive travel limit of 5km, I was ok.
    I think I will just ignore the county limit and play anyway, unless the club enforce the travel limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,863 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Us and Castleknock have no societies until March

I am wondering if our reciprical deals stand

What reciprocal deal?

Seve OB wrote: »
    What reciprocal deal?

Elmgreen and Corballis have recipricol deals

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Booked in on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 8:30am. Pre-work golf to get my fix in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Roger_007 wrote: »
    There are plenty of clubs situated near county borders, (my own included), and would have members from both sides of the border. In these cases the county limit for travel is just daft.
    I live just 3 km from my club but across the county border. Strangely enough when we had the more restrictive travel limit of 5km, I was ok.
    I think I will just ignore the county limit and play anyway, unless the club enforce the travel limit.

I’m a stickler for the rules in general but I think being 3km away and not being allowed to go somewhere because of an imaginary line across the fields is nonsense.

On the way out of last lockdown the criteria was 20km, OR in your county, so someone in bray wasn’t restricted to Wicklow or whatever, I’d think it’s fair to assume the same applies this time round.

Advertisement