Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

For me 32" seems to big... I will be using it 95% for multiscreen setup with a laptop for software development, and maybe less than 5% for gaming... certainly not competitive gaming.
    So it was good price point for proper 4K 28" with reasonable reviews.

Trust me. As soon as you get a 32" 4K Monitor, you'll want a 40" one. I'm stuck with a 32" one for the past 2 years, mainly for dev/work, but some games. While it is amazing, and far better than 2 large HD screens, I still wish it was bigger. Basically, it is the same as 4 16" HD screens (with no bezel). Ideally, I would want the equivalent of 4 20" screens. Best advise is to get as big as your desk can handle. (only had a small desk when I bought, so restricted myself to 32".

The more screen real estate you have the better when dealing with multiple open windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

kisugem wrote: »
    Great cameras, but even better is to buy American version called Wyze from Amazon.com - with the shipping and taxes it would work out about the same, but way more features and less bugs over Neos.

yea wouldve preferred getin that over the neo for inside..i think the neo is great but the software is crapy..the wyze is the same as neo but good software i read

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

LillySV wrote: »
    is that wired or battery powered? Im thinking of putting the cam on a pole down the bottom of yard to get good view but dont fancy messing around and having awkward electric mains going there.

These ones are wired. Placed in porch and connected to a plug inside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

dotsman wrote: »
    Trust me. As soon as you get a 32" 4K Monitor, you'll want a 40" one. I'm stuck with a 32" one for the past 2 years, mainly for dev/work, but some games. While it is amazing, and far better than 2 large HD screens, I still wish it was bigger. Basically, it is the same as 4 16" HD screens (with no bezel). Ideally, I would want the equivalent of 4 20" screens. Best advise is to get as big as your desk can handle. (only had a small desk when I bought, so restricted myself to 32".

The more screen real estate you have the better when dealing with multiple open windows.

Thats true ,the eyes and mind adjust quickly to a larger screen.
    There aren't many monitors bigger than 32 inch, most of them are 43 inch which is a big too big and the PPI is only 110.
    A 38-40 inch monitor would be ideal but there are virtually none available.

brightkane wrote: »
    These ones are wired. Placed in porch and connected to a plug inside the door.

just seen that everlast 75 put up a link afew posts ago for this battery powered iegeek cam

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08737DZ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_dlC_4feWFb264HNMN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

maybe that be a good option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,710 ✭✭✭ablelocks

karcher k7 pressure washer - £332.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

have one myself, but they're for inside. This has to be for outside...id rather get something less finicky software wise for my parents also..

I've a couple outside. Just position them where they can't get wet, been up there 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

just seen that everlast 75 put up a link afew posts ago for this battery powered iegeek cam

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08737DZ74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_dlC_4feWFb264HNMN?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&pldnSite=1

maybe that be a good option

Would you have wifi where you need it ? Also take battery life with a pinch of salt. Lots of variables effect it

brightkane wrote: »
    Would you have wifi where you need it ? Also take battery life with a pinch of salt. Lots of variables effect it

home house in midlands so wouldn't be the best but ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭shawki

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L6XQWKZ?th=1#

Iphone SE 2020 €428 (Revolut rate) on Amazon vs €491 on Apple Store

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Argos is back. Feck all on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

shawki wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L6XQWKZ?th=1#

Iphone SE 2020 €428 (Revolut rate) on Amazon vs €491 on Apple Store

Good deal if you want a sim free one. €349 on Vodafone if that's easier for some (port over a free sim from another network to avail of offer)

Amazon is taking us all for mugs.
    I cant believe that we fall for it every Black Friday , its actually getting worse the so called deals that they have.

Amazon has had a record years sales and profits , there is no incentive to give any decent deals for Black Friday .

Even the retailers have stopped taking Black Friday seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

BF has never really made sense to me for retailers. Why would you want to discount before the biggest sales period in the year?

They never took it seriously in Europe.
    Predominantly fake sales with the odd bargain amongst the junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Ninja Air Fryer Max [AF160UK] 5.2 Litres, down to £90 from £160. Can't link it sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Which of the wireless earphones would people recommend ? Plenty on offer, would prefer the ones without the clips over the ears. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Quick question
    I'm ordering something and if I deliver to swords Dublin it will get delivered tomorrow but if I deliver to balbriggan Dublin it will be delivered on Dec 4th!
    Anyone know why there is such a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Zardoz wrote: »
    I cant believe that we fall for it every Black Friday , its actually getting worse the so called deals that they have.

Amazon has had a record years sales and profits , there is no incentive to give any decent deals for Black Friday .

You know Amazon only have a few products and they're all discounted, they can't force anyone else to follow them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

• Zardoz wrote: »

Fact. It's the biggest load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Damien360

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Which of the wireless earphones would people recommend ? Plenty on offer, would prefer the ones without the clips over the ears. Thanks

Irish maker called OneSonic.com was mentioned on the radio as a very decent, relatively cheap set. Buy direct from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mexicanking

Drayton Wiser Multi-Zone Smart Thermostat and 2 Smart Radiator Thermostat Kit - Conventional Boilers Only - Heating and Hot Water Control
    RRP £229.99
    Top Deal: £86.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drayton-Wiser-Multi-Zone-Thermostat-Radiator/dp/B075GSQDZF/

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

I've tried huwaies models, apple airpods and Samsung galaxy buds.

By far the best were the Samsung galaxy buds. They don't have a clip, but are very secure in my ear. The other two would fall out the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Cirrus Incus

Most of the "bargains" being posted here are crap. Look at historical prices and you'll find they were cheaper at other times during the past year. Many prices have been intentionally elevated until recently to give the impression you're getting a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,335 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Still unconvinced as to why air fryers are such a big thing this year but this one is a as cheap as....well chips, I suppose @ £35.59!

Tower T17005 Air Fryer with Rapid Air Circulation System, VORTX Frying Technology

Don’t buy this one, it’s absolute ****e, food doesn’t cook properly in it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

bennyob wrote: »

Thanks, I've bought it for the next service

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,220 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

bennyob wrote: »

Castrol for sale on amazon?

Well Oil be damned...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement