Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Thought it was 48

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

In other news McCloskey up for press duties shortly for Ireland... looks like he might get another cap. Leaving us really short at centre.

launish116 wrote: »
    In other news McCloskey up for press duties shortly for Ireland... looks like he might get another cap. Leaving us really short at centre.

Glad for him... I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Glad for him... I suppose...

I wonder if Hayden Hyde might get a call up. I'm intrigued by him. He looked good at U20s level last year.

Would prefer that than sticking Faddes in there in terms of future development. Keep Faddes on the wing where he is starting to really go well.

What's our first choice backline for Toulouse?

This would be mine...
    Cooney
    Burns
    Stockdale
    McCloskey
    Hume/Moore
    Lyttle/Faddes
    Lowry

I'm not including Addison and Balacoune obviously.

Hume to start if fit, if not Moore comes in...Lyttle v Faddes is so close.

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »
    I wonder if Hayden Hyde might get a call up. I'm intrigued by him. He looked good at U20s level last year.

Would prefer that than sticking Faddes in there in terms of future development. Keep Faddes on the wing where he is starting to really go well.

Ah here. I've heard good things about him, but a midfield of Moore and Hyde? Eighth cap for Moore, his fifth(!) midfield partner (Hume, McCloskey, Marshall, Faddes), a first cap for Hyde AND I AM OLDER THAN THEIR COMBINED AGES.

Weren't we reliably informed Madigan could play 12? I thought he was a triple threat (10/12/15)?

Ah here. I've heard good things about him, but a midfield of Moore and Hyde? Eighth cap for Moore, his fifth(!) midfield partner (Hume, McCloskey, Marshall, Faddes), a first cap for Hyde AND I AM OLDER THAN THEIR COMBINED AGES.

It'll harden them

Would probably go with Lyttle - Faddes is more experienced, but he's played four games so far this season and gotten two yellow cards, and our discipline is starting to worry me.

It'll harden them

Genuinely made me laugh out loud - haven't heard that in a while.

#itllfackinhardenye

Luke Marshall sustained a knee ligament injury against Scarlets. His injury remains under medical assessment.

Ethan McIlroy sustained a hamstring injury in training last week and is currently unavailable for selection.

James Hume has resumed full team training following his recent groin injury.

Players currently unavailable due to injury: Jack McGrath, Luke Marshall, Rob Baloucoune, Will Addison, Louis Ludik, Greg Jones, Angus Curtis, Ethan McIlroy, and Tom Stewart.

Players currently on International Duty: Eric O’Sullivan, Rob Herring, Iain Henderson, Billy Burns, Stuart McCloskey, and Jacob Stockdale.

• Advertisement

Hume is back anyway so crisis is over!

Saw that - quite the relief.

We are missing the following backline through injury:

11. Ludik/McIlroy
    12. Curtis
    13. Marshall
    14. Baloucoune
    15. Addison

There's a few Pro14 and English and French club teams that would cut to shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

AND I AM OLDER THAN THEIR COMBINED AGES.

Every time i read a players stats and see their DoB is 2000 or after :eek:

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Every time i read a players stats and see their DoB is 2000 or after :eek:

I keep thinking 2000 was 10 years ago...when I realise it was 20 years ago...urrrgggghh

Guessing Treadwell has got away with it?

Yeah - haven't heard anything to the contrary.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,224 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

guess the citing officer agreed with the on field decision then

there could have even been a non sanctionable warning

Jake White on Coetzee at the Bulls.

https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/curriecup/jake-white-denies-bulls-move-for-frans-steyn-warmer-on-marcell-coetzees-future-20201126

**Edit

Waste of a trip for O’Sullivan, Ireland have preferred Bealham to start at loosehead. O’Sullivan doesn’t even make bench.

Jake White on Coetzee at the Bulls.

https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/curriecup/jake-white-denies-bulls-move-for-frans-steyn-warmer-on-marcell-coetzees-future-20201126

**Edit

Waste of a trip for O’Sullivan, Ireland have preferred Bealham to start at loosehead. O’Sullivan doesn’t even make bench.

I would read that as more along the lines that they will want to bring him back to SA when his contract is up in 2022.

Obviously Ulster might have a financial need to let him go in 2021...I hope not, but if we have to let him go early then we will have to deal with it. I'd rather we lost Marcel than the likes of Cooney and McCloskey, players who may not have the pull of Ireland to keep them here. That's just my opinion of course, others are available...albeit wrong...

**Edit

Yeah kinda p1$$ed at that - but Ulster have a long tradition of providing tackle bag holders to the national team. Will he be out of monday's game?

• Advertisement

Yeah kinda p1$$ed at that - but Ulster have a long tradition of providing tackle bag holders to the national team. Will he be out of monday's game?

Could really do with him, just can’t see how he could play Monday unless he’s been released already.

Few players in that Irish squad could of really benefited more by staying with there provinces.

Depends on whether they want to keep him the training squad for the following Ireland match. If not they might release him.

Scarlets v Leinster had been cancelled following Positive Covid-19 cases. Ulster players have been tested and awaiting results. Depending on results Mondays game could also be postponed.

I'm fairly certain WalesOnline will be able to trace it back to an Irish assistant ref.

Not sure how accurate it is but on an Ulster FB group a guy mentioned that Balacoune will be back after Christmas, recovery going well

Not sure how accurate it is but on an Ulster FB group a guy mentioned that Balacoune will be back after Christmas, recovery going well

Would be a major boost! Hopefully he has a full recovery!

Sensational if true...

Although being a pedant can I ask how soon after Christmas?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Hope he's back soon, I cried a little seeing Keith Earl's name on the Ireland team sheet.

Sensational if true...

Although being a pedant can I ask how soon after Christmas?!

That's all I got but the guy said it was "straight from the horses mouth..."

• Advertisement

Hope he's back soon, I cried a little seeing Keith Earl's name on the Ireland team sheet.

Yeah...I reckon there's a decent chance Rob would have made his debut against Georgia.

Advertisement