Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I've found the home app will repeat 3 times that it "will start shuffling after this track" when I ask it to shuffle a playlist, one of my Nest Mini's simply won't connect to the wifi since a powercut despite running through the usual fixes (router reboot, bringing the nest mini into the same room as the router etc.), last night the housemate tried using the app to turn off the lights in the house and told me this morning they turned back on a couple of seconds later - I reckon the app is buggy there but the other stuff is a bit strange.

Other than resetting the router and re-adding all items to it, including the thermostats which I'd like to avoid, not sure how else to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Anyone else lost RTE News recently on their Google Nest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

RTE radio 1 gone for me too. About time google let you change radio provider like they recently introduced for podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

We have the Nest Hub, when playing the radio and asking it to turn the volume up/down it either ignores you or turns the volume down to 1. What's odd is that when you tell it "volume up" it comes up on the screen just that it won't turn it up :rolleyes:

Any one seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Just tested rte radio 1. No issues here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

RTÉ radio 1 was gone for me too this morning, but was back again by mid morning. Makes a change - usually takes weeks to resolve!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

DeadSkin wrote: »
    We have the Nest Hub, when playing the radio and asking it to turn the volume up/down it either ignores you or turns the volume down to 1. What's odd is that when you tell it "volume up" it comes up on the screen just that it won't turn it up :rolleyes:

Any one seeing this?

I have that issue with my nest hub. The command turn up the sound or turn down the sound act as you said either nothing or setting the sound to 1.

I haven't tried anything to fix it though and just tell it to set volume to a particular level and it works.

I have that issue with my nest hub. The command turn up the sound or turn down the sound act as you said either nothing or setting the sound to 1.

I haven't tried anything to fix it though and just tell it to set volume to a particular level and it works.

Tried that and it doesn't work.
    What the exact words do you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Most of the times... it goes like ... "WTF is wrong with you google"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

'Set volume to 40%'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Bought two Nest Audios. 20e off each for Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Alexa/Echos use a 1-10 scale for volume.

Google uses %.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

'Set volume to 40%'.
    Alexa/Echos use a 1-10 scale for volume.

Google uses %.
    fletch wrote: »

Up until a few days ago "turn volume up/down" has been working all along, never had to say what percentage.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Just tried it there with radio on and
    "Set volume to (1 to 10)"
    worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Yeah the 'turn up/down the volume' isn't working for me anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Same for me with the volume thing. Always has worked for me but isn’t lately. Obviously a glitch somewhere that will be sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,874 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I have a hue light in the bedroom and a blanket on a smart switch.

When I ask Google to turn on the light it also turns on the blanket? Then if I ask Google to turn off the blanket it goes off but the light stays on. Why does the blanket come on with the light? It's quite dangerous.

Any ideas?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

When I ask Google to turn on the light it also turns on the blanket? Then if I ask Google to turn off the blanket it goes off but the light stays on. Why does the blanket come on with the light? It's quite dangerous.

Any ideas?

Create a group and reference the group in your commands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Any ideas?

Do they have distinctive names?

• Advertisement

Do they have distinctive names?

Well one is called light and the other is blanket. Both setup in the bedroom.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Create a group and reference the group in your commands.

What do you mean? Is it not possible to switch 1 thing at a time?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Well one is called light and the other is blanket. Both setup in the bedroom.

Try to give them more descriptive names than that, "bedside lamp" or "ceiling light" and "blanket socket" etc. If it's just called "light" it's not named

Try to give them more descriptive names than that, "bedside lamp" or "ceiling light" and "blanket socket" etc. If it's just called "light" it's not named

OK I've changed the names so will see if that helps.

I would have thought light and blanket were distinctive and that Google wouldn't turn on the blanket when I said light. If I cannot trust this 100% then it's useless.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

I would have thought light and blanket were distinctive and that Google wouldn't turn on the blanket when I said light. If I cannot trust this 100% then it's useless.

I have a similar set up, with a socket that has a fan in summer and a rad in winter. Saying "turn on the lights" would turn that on as well, presumably as the main use of sockets is for lamps. Go figure.

Solution is to create a separate *room* (like Blanket!) and put the socket *in that* on its own. Then it doesn't come on automatically with the others as "turn on the lights" only turns on the lights for the room that has the same Google Home device. Does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

Hi guy's,

I have a nest hub max and tp link camera that I'm using in the nursery. Anyway when I ask the hub max to stream the camera it works perfectly however after 5 mins or so it switches off and goes back to sleep screen. So I have to ask the hub max to stream again however alot if the time's it stops responding when I'm asking to view the camera on the 3 or 4th time. How do I keep the camera streaming without the display going to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RunDMC

EletricMan wrote: »
    How do I keep the camera streaming without the display going to sleep.

I have not found a way to do it, on the Home Hub or on Chromecast. It will always revert after a few minutes.

R

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

My nest cams streamed forever on hub max until it updated at the weekend and now they cut out after 5 mins or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've been having similar problems lately, turn on sitting room lights - Xbox will turn on too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

is it possible to change assistant to an Irish accent? Siri has a nice one!

Advertisement