Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Seems all the main retailers are doing 470 ml Guinness slabs for 24 now. No discernible difference in taste but the head isn’t as proud.

Lidl doing 8 cans Beamish 500ml for 10. Grand for a change.

Dunnes have 12 cans of Guinness 500 ml for €15.50 so €31 for 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭oceanman

Farrell D wrote: »
    Hi folks anyone getting 470ml cans of Guinness or staying with the 500ml, any deals around?

Had a can of beamish the other day wasnt bad will try Murphy's out of the can and kilkenny drought next
    the 470ml cans are muck..save your money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Farrell D

oceanman wrote: »
    the 470ml cans are muck..save your money.

So I have been told just stick to the 8 or 12 cans of Guinness 500ml

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭ablelocks

we should just all agree to never mention the 470ml cans again. and if someone does mention them, maybe the mods could fix it so that 470ml is automatically changed to MUCK.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Lidil €15 for 12 Guinness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Dunnes have 24 x 500ml cans of Budweiser for €24.

ablelocks wrote: »
    we should just all agree to never mention the 470ml cans again. and if someone does mention them, maybe the mods could fix it so that 470ml is automatically changed to MUCK.

Haha brilliant, do the 500ml can Guinness still have the widget in them someone said they are in Lidi for €15 are they still there ?
    8 pack in tesco for €12

Hi folks anyone getting 470ml cans of Guinness or staying with the 500ml, any deals around?

Had a can of beamish the other day wasnt bad will try Murphy's out of the can and kilkenny drought next

The only problem getting Beamish and Murphys is the price.
    I see a Lidl offer there but it's rare and usually stuck with 4 for €10. Same for Murphys, I only see 6 packs for e14ish.

Im really liking the Murphys now, have had a few of them lately.
    Got 4 Beamish at the weekend and its probably more "tastful" than the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Anyone know what the the ques are like to get in lately ? have not been up there since last Christmas

The daughter was up there last werkend. Still a fair few IRL cars parked around Enniskillen but nothing like previous years.Have some holidays off myself so might head up in a few weeks time.

Im really liking the Murphys now, have had a few of them lately.
    Got 4 Beamish at the weekend and its probably more "tastful" than the other two.[/quote]

I find the beamish more bitter then the Guinness maybe it was just the can, haven't had a Murphy's in a can yet I know you can but a single can of kilkenny drought in supervalu cant see it anywhere else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

is tesco baileys deal gone? they were €13 in my local today. didn't someone have a link to check offers on tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,010 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

is tesco baileys deal gone? they were €13 in my local today. didn't someone have a link to check offers on tesco?

Showing as 13e online.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The daughter was up there last werkend. Still a fair few IRL cars parked around Enniskillen but nothing like previous years.Have some holidays off myself so might head up in a few weeks time.

I'd say when the restrictions down here are reduced, there will be a lot of cars heading up from ROI especially as Christmas shopping will be starting and with a high EUR/GBP exchange rate.
    Traffic would also depend on any restrictions in NI at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It was mentioned as ending on 22nov so might not be one of their dodgy pulling the offer early tricks.

The new date is right up to christmas day Special OfferSAVE 7.66 Was 20.66 Now 13.00valid from 23/11/2020 until 25/12/2020

and I doubt it will stick to 13, I reckon it could go to 10 again and higher.

They are also saying the quality street etc tubs of chocolates are all €3.33 until christmas eve, and I really doubt that will happen.

Can anyone recommend a light beer low calories
    Have had rockshore light only 73 calories looking for something else
    Is birra moretti a light beer
    I know coors light is 102 calories.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭johndanielmoore

They have them in SuperValu for €10 a bottle for another few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

recipes change around the world, so are the way calories are counted.

330ml of rockshore is 73kcal

but coors light in Ireland is showing as 36.1kcal per 100ml, so a 330ml bottle is 119kcal.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=257205105

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Corona light isn't bad.

Corona light isn't bad.

Yeah that's nice 99 cals more of summer drink

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bud Light, basically beer flavoured water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Bud Light, basically beer flavoured water.

nowhere has had that since about middle of lockdown

showpony1 wrote: »
    nowhere has had that since about middle of lockdown

Never see bud light around is It low in calories?

Never see bud light around is It low in calories?

89 cals 300ml bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I'd say when the restrictions down here are reduced, there will be a lot of cars heading up from ROI especially as Christmas shopping will be starting and with a high EUR/GBP exchange rate.
    Traffic would also depend on any restrictions in NI at that time.

The consumer exchange rate is €1.13/£1, absolutely no incentive to travel to save a few cent when there are so many deals locally

89 cals 300ml bottle

That's good is that for bud or bud light

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

On the lookout for a couple of bottles of Absolut if any offers are about in the next week or so.

That's good is that for bud or bud light

Bud Light. I haven't seen it on offer for a while though. If I see it anywhere I will post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

O'Brien's are doing 5 bottles of Guinness Foreign Export for €10. Lovely stuff, a far bigger tastier drink than standard Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,010 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Caranica wrote: »
    On the lookout for a couple of bottles of Absolut if any offers are about in the next week or so.

1litre is 25e in Tesco.
    70cl is 20e including flavoured types eg citron

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Darc19 wrote: »
    The consumer exchange rate is €1.13/£1, absolutely no incentive to travel to save a few cent when there are so many deals locally

Sainsburys offering 25% off wine if buying 6, bottle of Brancott Estate Sauvignon Blanc 75cl is £6.75/€7.63, buy 6 or more and it's €5.72.
    Tesco ROI have it for €10, reduced to €8.33 if buying 6 or more.
    So €5.92 against €8.33, nearly 50% dearer, that's a big difference.
    There are many other differences toys, electrical, booze and others.
    Some shops in Newry will also give you a much higher exchange rate and money will be tight for a lot of people this Christmas and every little bit will help.

I'm all for shopping locally but not if it's going to cost a fortune to do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement