Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Cheensbo wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-landcruiser-6-cylinder-diesel-quick-sale/26222087

Has this been posted?

I'm all for an overpriced toyota like..... but jeeesus

............. holy christ on a bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Mjolnir wrote: »
    ............. holy christ on a bike

Absolute head banger.

LHD

No logbook

Pile of sh1te.

I love how he mentions that it needs a new battery. It bloody needs weighing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-landcruiser-6-cylinder-diesel-quick-sale/26222087

Has this been posted?

Price 4200 no time wasters price is 4200 ono

the price listed is 3950.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

"It's simple if you got no money dont waste my time"

Seems like a sound lad.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dubbrin

Tzardine wrote: »
    Am I missing something here. Yes it is clean, but is it worth 20k, its not even a camper, just a bus.

NSP20v5.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/volkswagen-caravelle-vw-t3-caravelle-carat-full/25720323

That isn't far off what they're making alright. A nice clean example with no rust to speak of is worth north of €10k all day long. Something that's in good condition and going to stay that way for many years to come is worth more.

The dealers are always right on the upper limit of the price bands though. He's going to have to knock a few €k off that before it moves

Nice bus though. The wheels are very much VW scene. A lot of people would go for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭CoBo55

dubbrin wrote: »
    That isn't far off what they're making alright. A nice clean example with no rust to speak of is worth north of €10k all day long. Something that's in good condition and going to stay that way for many years to come is worth more.

The dealers are always right on the upper limit of the price bands though. He's going to have to knock a few €k off that before it moves

Nice bus though. The wheels are very much VW scene. A lot of people would go for that

Mike Brewer is on boards:D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dubbrin

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Mike Brewer is on boards:D

Hold out yer hand CoBo55

dubbrin wrote: »
    Old out yer hand CoBo55

Fixed your post.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

27k for a 2004 Porsche Boxster with 178k on the clock. .... What a ripp off, worth I'd say 8 or 9k being realistic is the going rate for these things.

http://www.adverts.ie/21651793

• Advertisement

That is an absolute p1ss take. It's so far away from reality.

8k sterling would get you a mint one in the UK with less than half the mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

27k for a 2004 Porsche Boxster with 178k on the clock. .... What a ripp off, worth I'd say 8 or 9k being realistic is the going rate for these things.

Lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

Has this been posted?

Its vintage innit

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

They MUST know nobody's gonna pay 27k for that ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

ek motor wrote: »

Anyone in the market for a Boxster will have shopped around and know they don't go for 27k... Even your average everyday fool wouldn't pay that for it. You would get much later model that is far better in every way for that sort of money.

ek motor wrote: »

Is called the chance your arm asking price to see if some mug will take the bait. 27k would get you a whole lot of pre-owned car.

Priced up now at €750.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Just a bit of surface rust LOL!!!

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Just a bit of surface rust LOL!!!

He has to be doing it for a joke unless the magic mushrooms are back in Fermanagh:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://finder.porsche.com/ie/en_IE/Boxster-S-225848

178k on the clock, you'll be owner #7 - €27k please

https://finder.porsche.com/ie/en_IE/Boxster-S-225848

178k on the clock, you'll be owner #7 - €27k please

Someone got there before ya. But its still hilarious. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Andrew33 wrote: »

Not my cup of tea but...the b20 engine is legendary, honda reliability and it looks in really good nick. Price isint too far off for the right person looking.

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Not my cup of tea but...the b20 engine is legendary, honda reliability and it looks in really good nick. Price isint too far off for the right person looking.
    Not a chance. I had a mint 2001 (sorry I ever sold it) which was worth €1-1.2k tops.
    This has been badly modded, looks ****, everything looks wrong.
    Mine even had a cool reg (but not if you lived in the US.)

b20 or not the price is absolutely mental for a 20 yr old compact SUV with big tax and IMO slightly goofy looking alloy wheels although in fairness that comes down to personal taste.

I bought a mint 2007 petrol CRV a few years ago for 4k from a dealer and sold it a year and a half later for 3k. And when I say mint it was immaculate with leather seats and some nice extras.

b20 or not the price is absolutely mental for a 20 yr old compact SUV with big tax and IMO slightly goofy looking alloy wheels although in fairness that comes down to personal taste.

I bought a mint 2007 petrol CRV a few years ago for 4k from a dealer and sold it a year and a half later for 3k. And when I say mint it was immaculate with leather seats and some nice extras.
    Surprisingly, I’m qualified to comment on both models.
    I bought my 2001 (mk1 obviously) in 2015 for €1k as a runaround and both myself and wife loved the way it drove and it’s comfort and general usefulness.
    I sold it in 2016 (stupid stupid boy) and bought a Landcruiser and then in 2018 my wife bought a 2007 CR-V Executive for €4K , top of the range, every extra, blah blah blah. I found it horrible to drive unless you were wringing it’s neck. Dreadful, notchy gearshift (you’d regularly fail to find 3rd) completely lifeless steering around the straight ahead position so constantly twitchy on the motorway, so disappointed with that car after the beautiful lightness of the MK1 that we sold it 16 months later for €3100. Wife is now driving a mk2 Forester which is rather nice.

Surprisingly, I’m qualified to comment on both models.
    I bought my 2001 (mk1 obviously) in 2015 for €1k as a runaround and both myself and wife loved the way it drove and it’s comfort and general usefulness.
    I sold it in 2016 (stupid stupid boy) and bought a Landcruiser and then in 2018 my wife bought a 2007 CR-V Executive for €4K , top of the range, every extra, blah blah blah. I found it horrible to drive unless you were wringing it’s neck. Dreadful, notchy gearshift (you’d regularly fail to find 3rd) completely lifeless steering around the straight ahead position so constantly twitchy on the motorway, so disappointed with that car after the beautiful lightness of the MK1 that we sold it 16 months later for €3100. Wife is now driving a mk2 Forester which is rather nice.

I sold my 2007 CRV in 2016 and in its place I stupidly bought a saloon Mazda 6. I regretted this within a few weeks. I know two very different cars and not really comparable but I badly badly missed the practicality of the CRV so much. With seats down it has the cargo space of a small van. The 6 is a lovely drive but the build quality is way below the Honda IMO and the boot is a pain for carrying bigger stuff.

Btw I did find the CRV gearbox a little notchy alright but I thought it drove ok, fairly comfortable. Its a slightly wallowing type of machine but its a fairly heavy SUV so it was never going to be agile if you know what I mean.

I sold my 2007 CRV in 2016 and in its place I stupidly bought a saloon Mazda 6. I regretted this within a few weeks. I know two very different cars and not really comparable but I badly badly missed the practicality of the CRV so much. With seats down it has the cargo space of a small van. The 6 is a lovely drive but the build quality is way below the Honda IMO and the boot is a pain for carrying bigger stuff.

Btw I did find the CRV gearbox a little notchy alright but I thought it drove ok, fairly comfortable. Its a slightly wallowing type of machine but its a fairly heavy SUV so it was never going to be agile if you know what I mean.
    Yep, know what you mean alright but the mk1 was agile, leaned a bit in corners but handled beautifully.
    Once you get used to an estate or “suv” (strongly dislike that term) you’ll find it impossible to live with a saloon.

Yep, know what you mean alright but the mk1 was agile, leaned a bit in corners but handled beautifully.
    Once you get used to an estate or “suv” (strongly dislike that term) you’ll find it impossible to live with a saloon.

Yup 100%. Next car is going to be an estate or hatchback. I'll probably never own a saloon car again.

(sorry folks I know this is off topic :o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

B20 is far from legendary, in that configuration its not worth a thing.

Advertisement