Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

gozunda wrote: »
    Looks like there could be restrictions on buying alcohol from next week

Hm, must stock up on yeast so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,089 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Just got the end of it. I think they are suggesting stopping/ restricting take away pints and something about pub openings. Id say some people are just panicking tbh.

Didn't they discuss that last week and thought it wasn't a good idea..
    heard something about it in England today alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Just got the end of it. I think they are suggesting stopping/ restricting take away pints and something about pub openings. Id say some people are just panicking tbh.

Think they said they are considering 10pm closing for libs and “earlier” for off licence sales.

I don’t know, we have a poor relationship with alcohol in Ireland. It destroys allot of lives and families and alcohol related burden on health services is significant. No doubt the Cavan issue with covid was related back to serious alcohol consumption and partyingafter the county championship final. I’d worry Christmas will bring the same.

I don’t know of a curfew is the solution and it worries me that there is a growing movement to legalise even more drugs based allot on the fact that alcohol is legal, but do we need more drugs into society or try and wean us of the demons we already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

_Brian wrote: »
    Think they said they are considering 10pm closing for libs and “earlier” for off licence sales.

I don’t know, we have a poor relationship with alcohol in Ireland. It destroys allot of lives and families and alcohol related burden on health services is significant. No doubt the Cavan issue with covid was related back to serious alcohol consumption and partyingafter the county championship final. I’d worry Christmas will bring the same.

I don’t know of a curfew is the solution and it worries me that there is a growing movement to legalise even more drugs based allot on the fact that alcohol is legal, but do we need more drugs into society or try and wean us of the demons we already have.

It was on the radio. Can't find much online tbh. I presume it will be tomorrows news ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Legal or not they'll be got

• Advertisement

Legal or not they'll be got

I agree, every town and village is awash with whatever one might want. You'd have to wonder about the "War on drugs", because it was lost decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Talking to eldest in Melbourne and he was shocked at the recently increasing numbers of positive cases and deaths that we have. He reckoned that we should have had a proper lockdown and curfew earlier last month like they had in Melbourne if we wanted any chance of having a normal Christmas. The one thing that he realises since he moved to Australia is that the majority of the population are compliant when it comes to the law.
    Edit - He said that since he arrived in Melbourne he has noticed the Police presence around the city more that he ever noticed the Garda in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Jb1989

I agree, every town and village is awash with whatever one might want. You'd have to wonder about the "War on drugs", because it was lost decades ago.

Used to be in every town.
    Now in every townland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Looks like there could be restrictions on buying alcohol from next week

Two local supermarkets have been fitting doors to the "off licence" section this week.
    Local Tesco's has its drinks section set up with a full width electrical roller screen/security shutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,515 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Two local supermarkets have been fitting doors to the "off licence" section this week.
    Local Tesco's has its drinks section set up with a full width electrical roller screen/security shutter.

I think that’s to comply with a more recent ruling abkut drinks areas in supermarkets being less visible or some such.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/explained-the-new-rules-on-the-sale-of-alcohol-in-supermarkets-that-come-into-effect-today-39737548.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    4 loaded but 1 was a sub !
    One mad fcuker bolted and forced his from the pen between side of the box and gateway and was heading down the avenue towards the main road while the other 3 loaded. 3 phone calls to the bother who is working from home and thankfully he answered on the third. Got to him and turned bullock back. Then the bsatard decided to take 3 strands of a good quality barbed wire fence with and into my 4 little calves.
    My man says we'll try him again. So we headed to the field to try turn him back into the yard. Another ditch and a stream cleared. Bye bye yo him.
    My man definitely wanted 4 loaded so we'll try another he says. An overage Angus who is a comrade of the mad CHx. Eventually we got him into the pen. Let out the 3 and managed to get the 4 up.
    Not looking forward to the next days frolics when he has to be faced again. 30months on Saturday.
    In fairness my man is very calm and doesn't get excited. Can't beat experience

Well he's gone now thank God with 4 others !! Included was his comrade who is just as mad. Glad to see the back of them. The second lad could have done with a bit more feeding but after a bit if debating with my man am just as happy he is gone.
    11 queit whiteheads left around the yard now for the winter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Temporarily closed for maintenance.

ReOpened.

Posts relating to Veganism have been given their own thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058134721

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

greysides wrote: »

ReOpened.

I hope you didn't have to get out of your tractor to attend to this ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

greysides wrote: »

ReOpened.

Hey Grey

Am i banned from posting on that thread?

I only have the option to like posts, i can't quote or reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

Panch18 wrote: »
    Hey Grey

Nah, it’s locked. Grey gets a little forgetful in his old age :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Odelay wrote: »
    Nah, it’s locked. Grey gets a little forgetful in his old age :)
    It's a good title for the thread.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Panch18 wrote: »
    Hey Grey

It's just opened there again. Post away . Good men always wanted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

NcdJd wrote: »
    I hope you didn't have to get out of your tractor to attend to this ha

Nothing like that, paid from the neck up.

Podcast interviewing Frédéric Leroy regarding the Great Reset which I referred to previously

https://paleocanteen.co.uk/thecanteenpodcast/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭White Clover

Mickey Harte ratified as the new Louth senior and U 20 football manager!

https://twitter.com/LawlorDamian/status/1330969194486181889?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Grueller

Martin Sludden was the first Tyrone man to rob Louth. Mickey and Gavin will rob them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was thinking it was strange him giving up the singing for a minute.

I was thinking it was strange him giving up the singing for a minute.

Lol! I was hoping he would go to another red & white team! I'll say no more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Lol! I was hoping he would go to another red & white team! I'll say no more :)

Ah Cork would be a long ways for him to travel.

Grueller wrote: »
    Martin Sludden was the first Tyrone man to rob Louth. Mickey and Gavin will rob them too.

What about Joe Sheridan? I don't think his goal will ever be forgotten.
    Apologies to anyone from louth reading this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭Grueller

What about Joe Sheridan? I don't think his goal will ever be forgotten.
    Apologies to anyone from louth reading this!

Martin Sludden was the ref that day and is from Tyrone.

Grueller wrote: »
    Martin Sludden was the ref that day and is from Tyrone.

That went over my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Who wants to ride a buffalo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Who wants to ride a buffalo?

Too sober sorry. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

NcdJd wrote: »
    Too sober sorry. :)

They don't buck. You'll be fine. :p

Advertisement