Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Planning Christmas Dinner/Drinks..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

How do you know ? It was AlohaLights that posted this orginally - how do you know they can't follow the measures I outlined?
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Because it's not.
    Not all workplaces or jobs allow people to keep 2 metres apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

never_mind wrote: »
    Jesus.. this is all a bit over dramatic.

They work together and are close contacts anyway!!

Ehmmm 10 people then likely 10 different households.....

Ffs after all this time, people still don't understand the fundamentals of how this thing can spread. That is frustrating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

but what about the covid����
    holihan will be concerned !

Did you forget to switch accounts for the reply?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

We have a Christmas dinner but in work. I don't use the canteen so it will look as if I'm being anti-social at Christmas and not sure what to do.

johnire wrote: »
    How do you know ? It was AlohaLights that posted this orginally - how do you know they can't follow the measures I outlined?

I think we are talking about 2 different parties here!

• Advertisement

You can work together, but you can't eat together...
    never_mind wrote: »
    Jesus.. this is all a bit over dramatic.

They work together and are close contacts anyway!!

Not sure covid spreads over the Internet and phone lines.

Company I work with based in the Health industry is planning on holding a dinner for the team, 8-10 people based in 4/5 different counties in Ireland.

How easily power can turn normal people into dictators and bullies when they think other people will break the rules, you can see how throughout history there'll always be some cnut that'll squeal on where the secret door to the attic is

And you can always rely on ****ing idiots to rush back to packing in together indoors the minute restrictions are lifted as if at 12am on 1st Dec its perfectly safe. And covid has vanished because the government says people can go for a meal or a pint.

Look at all the idiots in the UK packing pubs on a Wednesday night before the restrictions kicked in on a Thursday.

I know people from work that will be going to a hotel, staying the night, having dinner and drinks for their Xmas party. They work together all the time. Less then 15 people I think.
    Do people think there's something wrong with this?

I would love that! There's only a handful of us where I work so would be close contacts of each other. It would be really great to have a night out with them. This time last year I was planning a Christmas night out for a group of my friends. How times have changed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

You should go and take a video to post online in an attempt to shame them.

That’s what the curtain twitchers do in 2020

Yeah and guess what Jackie boy. There will be plenty more of it happening every time these morons step out of line.

I would love that! There's only a handful of us where I work so would be close contacts of each other. It would be really great to have a night out with them. This time last year I was planning a Christmas night out for a group of my friends. How times have changed.

Well I guess they work together all the time, they eat together at work and they will all be staying in a hotel, level permitting! So, it's just like a work lunch with a few drinks involved.
    My friend said there is really good deals in Dublin hotels if you were looking........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭johnire

Ah ok...sorry- my comments were directed towards the first poster.... apologies!
    I think we are talking about 2 different parties here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Good on them for wanting to do normal things and not live in fear of a virus with 99.9% survival rate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Keep one foot one the floor and max time 6 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Tork

GT89 wrote: »
    Good on them for wanting to do normal things and not live in fear of a virus with 99.9% survival rate

Source??

Tork wrote: »
    Source??

All his conspiracy videos he watches on YouTube.

I wouldn't worry too much, he rocks up in most threads to post that line.

He might throw in " its the same as flu" but if you post figures showing its killed twice as many in 10 months as flu doesn't in a year worldwide, he'll ignore that.

Let's see if he comes back with some solid evidence for this assertion. He has a lot to say about Covid.

Let's see if he comes back with some solid evidence for this assertion. He has a lot to say about Covid.

Yeah and most of it is utter ****e.

Yeah and most of it is utter ****e.

Let's see if he can convince the doubters

I know no one who's gotten sick or died of the virus not one. Was sick back in Feburary a few weeks before the panic set in took not bad enough to miss work or seek medical treatment and I took a few weeks to shake it off lost sense of smell and taste etc so was probably covid. Usually it takes me a couple of days to shake off these types of things but this took about 2-3 weeks.

I don't need to convince anyone of anything all I'm doing is stating my opinion your free to disagree.

• Advertisement

That's the best you can come up with? An anecdote.

I know no one who's gotten sick or died of the virus not one. Was sick back in Feburary a few weeks before the panic set in took not bad enough to miss work or seek medical treatment and I took a few weeks to shake it off lost sense of smell and taste etc so was probably covid. Usually it takes me a couple of days to shake off these types of things but this took about 2-3 weeks.

I don't know anyone that had aids. Therefore I must conclude that it doesn't exist.

Doctors? Pah, what do they know.

I don't need to convince anyone of anything all I'm doing is stating my opinion your free to disagree.

Didn't seem like an opinion. Its very much worded as though its a fact.

This is what he posted.

I don't know anyone that had aids. Therefore I must conclude that it doesn't exist.

Doctors? Pah, what do they know.

Plenty of doctors disagree with the covid measures

Plenty of doctors disagree with the covid measures

So....?

Please give me an online source for that 99.9% survival rate

So....?

Please give me an online source for that 99.9% survival rate

It's probably true. You do realise the covid figures and tests are highly inaccurate lot's of false positives. The dearhs are being exaggerated as those dying with covid after testing positive are all put down as covid deaths. If there was a real pandemic there'd be dead bodies in the street like during the bubonic plague hint there aren't.

Woah back up the`bus there pal. You think you had covid in February and had symptoms for 2-3 weeks but you didn`t notify your doctor or stay at home then? Jesus Christ.:rolleyes: Are you right in the head?

It's probably true. You do realise the covid figures and tests are highly inaccurate lot's of false positives. The dearhs are being exaggerated as those dying with covid after testing positive are all put down as covid deaths. If there was a real pandemic there'd be dead bodies in the street like during the bubonic plague hint there aren't.

So in other words you cannot give me a source for that 99.9% rate.

• Advertisement

Woah back up the`bus there pal. You think you had covid in February and had symtoms for 2-3 weeks but you didn`t notify your doctor or stay at home then? Jesus Christ.:rolleyes: Are you right in the head?

There was no panic back in Febuary do you remember? It's only looking back on it now I think it was probably covid 19. I'm fully right in the head mate thank you.

Advertisement