Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You are arguing against yourself now.

Rubbish in rubbish out? Yet swabs have always been a percentage above cases. Since day one they have matched each other in that regard.

You seem to believe there should be no correlation yet all the data produced over the last 8 months confirms there is.

You need to go back to the drawing board.

There’s a difference of 500 per month, all the cute graphs and circle jerking number guessing doesn’t change the actual numbers.

Some days there might be a correlation that gives an impression that they match but the reality is different.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115151179&postcount=155

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

mandrake04 wrote: »
    There’s a difference of 500 per month, all the cute graphs and circle jerking number guessing doesn’t change the actual numbers.

Some days there might be a correlation that gives an impression that they match but the reality is different.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115151179&postcount=155

So they do match. Swabs higher cases lower.

Well done, you got there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

alice14 wrote: »
    I’m a healthcare worker in a large Dublin hospital and although I don’t agree with a lot of what is said on this thread the current situation is a sh*tshow where I work. Outbreaks on multiple wards over the last month to 6 weeks and not improving. Most of our covid cases were hospital acquired, I’d say about 60% . Mass testing happens on wards with outbreaks but it’s too late by then, and it seems to spread like wildfire.

I think people people in the community aren’t being as careful as during lockdown number 1 and that’s resulting in increased cases but it’s not the whole story. And I don’t seem nphet/ HSE suggesting what they are going to do differently to solve the hospital issue because what they’re doing at the moment isn’t working.

I've a nearby neighbour who had elective surgery cancelled twice. The last one was scheduled for today and they called and told her it was cancelled again "because of covid, because there are no beds" - I quote because that's what I am told she was told. Could this be related to your point? Do they want to keep people away from hospital unless absolutely necessary, because of these hospital outbreaks? So what they should have said was, "your surgery is cancelled because here is a clusterfúck at the moment and we don't want you to get covid".

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

prunudo wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1329496235431129094?s=09

This is a perfect example of my issue with Tony Holahan and his messaging.
    We have health care, schools, construction, manufacturing, some retail and a limited public transport. Yet he is blaming busy roads as proof that we're not doing our bit.
    He just fires out remarks without realising that there are plenty of people who have genuine reasons to be doing whatever his latest gripe is.
    All that does is alienate your audience and people just loose interest in what he has to say.

In fairness, he is right. I know people who have been working from home for ages who are now going back in to the workplace. In some cases, they are going in because they want to but in plenty it is because their employer is either insisting on it or still making WFT an option but pressuring them to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hellrazer wrote: »
    If you mean NPHET -NPHET shouldn't be delivering any messages - ever.

Our elected representatives should be delivering the messages they received from NPHET as NPHET work for them and in a round about way for every citizen in the country.

NPHET should not be releasing statements at all. Especially not the CMO who threw all those women involved in the cervical cancer to the wolves. Hes scum and shouldn't be involved in the health of the public at all.

Remember he was the one who advised AGAINST a review of the cervical cancer screening programme.
    We`ve very short memories here in Ireland.

Have you seen our elected representatives trying to deliver a message as of late in regards to our strategy and aims for fighting this pandemic? They're usually chaotic and incoherent. The abiding impression is that they don't really know what they are doing or even why they are doing it.

If you say they should deliver the message they receive from NPHET then I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth, who can usually deliver that message with a semblance of logic and authority.

I think what may have occurred with cervical check is a completely separate issue to what we are dealing with here. It doesn't automatically invalidate the merits of NPHET's role in fighting Covid 19 or even making public pronouncements - but incidentally, Gabriel Sally, who wrote the report into the scandal, has been in complete agreement with NPHET's advice and approach through this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭political analyst

Canadian pathologist Dr Roger Hodkinson said lockdown is the greatest hoax carried out on an unsuspecting public.

https://dryburgh.com/narrative-control/2020/11/coronavirus-hoax-roger-hodkinson/

In fairness, he is right. I know people who have been working from home for ages who are now going back in to the workplace. In some cases, they are going in because they want to but in plenty it is because their employer is either insisting on it or still making WFT an option but pressuring them to come in.

Schools being open now no doubt contributing to pressures. Fortunately for me my employer pretty much said see you next June at the earliest but from what I saw in the car park when I had to drop in during the week we were in the minority of those working from home who could and still are.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Arghus wrote: »
    Have you seen our elected representatives trying to deliver a message as of late in regards to our strategy and aims for fighting this pandemic? They're usually chaotic and incoherent. The abiding impression is that they don't really know what they are doing or even why they are doing it.

Don't get me started on mumbling Martin and dopey Donnelly.
    The point Im trying to make is that there is no coherence or even a chain of command so to speak. They don't know what they are doing.
    If you say they should deliver the message they receive from NPHET then I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth, who can usually deliver that message with a semblance of logic and authority.

Well Id rather hear it from someone that I (and the rest of the population) can trust. I have zero trust in Tony after the cervical cancer scandal.
    I think what may have occurred with cervical check is a completely separate issue to what we are dealing with here. It doesn't automatically invalidate the merits of NPHET's role in fighting Covid 19 or even making public pronouncements - but incidentally, Gabriel Sally, who wrote the report into the scandal, has been in complete agreement with NPHET's advice and approach through this.

Its not a separate issue - Hes the chief medical officer of Ireland.Hes a trained doctor with a Masters in Public Health

While I agree it doesn't invalidate NPHETS role in the current crisis it does invalidate the CMO and anyone else making Public Health decisions that were involved in that scandal. How can anyone trust a Trained doctor who decided not to review a cancer screening process is beyond me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Canadian pathologist Dr Roger Hodkinson said lockdown is the greatest hoax carried out on an unsuspecting public.

https://dryburgh.com/narrative-control/2020/11/coronavirus-hoax-roger-hodkinson/

"Covid is a hoax" discussions can be had here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Interesting from FG...

https://twitter.com/MurphyEoghan/status/1329529739770535939

It’s time to start discussing a Covid strategy that doesn’t involve lockdowns. Our understanding of the risks of Covid versus the damage of lockdown has changed, and our strategy should too.

Translation, commercial property landlords would really like it if we could all go back to the office post haste now to make good on their investment.

Should have read the terms and conditions. Of course easier to get a parrot.
    The value of any investments may fall as well as rise and you may not recover the full amount originally invested. Past performance or simulated performance is no guarantee of future investment returns. Prices displayed are indicative prices only and may not therefore be real time prices for the purpose of buying/selling securities or making any other investment decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

There has been a noticeable change in tone by many papers/news sites regarding NPHET as of late. A buddy of mine maintains that they will be hurting from the loss of revenue from adverts if they don't spin it as "open for Christmas" and are under pressure to do so. Might be conspiracy theory but the media does influence the social narrative or a least augments it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Don't get me started on mumbling Martin and dopey Donnelly.
    The point Im trying to make is that there is no coherence or even a chain of command so to speak. They don't know what they are doing.

In that case, would you prefer nobody speaks? We both agree that the government aren't up to it. Personally, I think, in the main, NPHET's advice is fundamentally sound - I tend to think they're more on top of their brief than anyone in government

Well Id rather hear it from someone that I (and the rest of the population) can trust. I have zero trust in Tony after the cervical cancer scandal.

Well, that's your opinion. I've been listening to Tony et al on this since March and while I acknowledge he's not to everyone's liking, I think he's performed more than adequately during this crisis. And not just him, I think Ronan Glynn proved himself to be a very able deputy

Its not a separate issue - Hes the chief medical officer of Ireland.Hes a trained doctor with a Masters in Public Health

While I agree it doesn't invalidate NPHETS role in the current crisis it does invalidate the CMO and anyone else making Public Health decisions that were involved in that scandal. How can anyone trust a Trained doctor who decided not to review a cancer screening process is beyond me.

I'll confess that I don't have expert knowledge on Cervical check scandal. I'm aware of it, I've read about it, but I don't have expert knowledge about what every party did or didn't do in relation to it. Any information that you have that might allow me to come to an informed opinion on the matter would be appreciated.

Perhaps there are many legitimate causes for complaint in regards to the CMO's previous conduct, perhaps there aren't - I'm speaking from a place of relative ignorance here.

But I can only judge Tony Holohan on what I have seen of him since NPHET was established and this unprecedented crisis began and can only judge him on this. You say that previous conduct, that may or may not have been questionable, automatically invalidates any further public health decisions? Not necessarily, in my view - it doesn't automatically preclude him from being right in how we approach the unique challenge that the pandemic poses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

So they do match. Swabs higher cases lower.

Well done, you got there in the end.

That’s not matching it’s a difference no matter what way you dress it up, like in my other post was in reply that some days you can get 800 cases from 400 swabs.

Rubbish in rubbish out.

Then you have people foaming at the mouth about back logs.

NEPHET don’t give a damn about positive swabs, it’s cases that matter. No one cares about silly little graphs based on rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Thierry12 wrote: »

And that was before HSE " allowed " staff to wear PPE caring for " non Covid " patients .
    Majority of HCWs infected then with asymptomatic spread .
    This has been discussed and posted many times , months ago , but some people don't read the posts .
    Like you obviously didn't ..or maybe you just didn't understand it ?

Another own goal from you !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Polar101

prunudo wrote: »

This is a perfect example of my issue with Tony Holahan and his messaging.

Yes, like I said - anything he says will offend someone. I was hoping to hear alternatives to what they should do instead? Not have briefings where the media can ask questions? Try to be nicer? Outsource the briefings to someone else? I for one wouldn't want Stephen Donnelly, for example, to try and communicate with the public instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Polar101 wrote: »
    Or is it just that they're not saying "that's it, we're done with restrictions now"?

I think this is certainly a factor. I’m fed up with it, everyone is fed up with it, but we have to trundle on. Being tired and fed up amplifies the banging of the same drum every day since March of “redouble”, “increasing concern”, and “crucial fortnights”. I’m sure NPHET themselves are sick of saying it week in, week out.

I do think constructive criticism and accountability is important, so discussing their advice makes sense. I think plenty of their decisions have been incorrect IMO, but far more have been correct. Not fully opening during the summer probably caused pain, but look where we are now relative to Europe.

But I do find it slightly funny to see people lose their minds and genuinely believe NPHET are having the craic being on tv and locking up the country. It’s the same crew that brand others as too scared to leave their houses, absolutely falling apart when they don’t hear what they want to.

And the same will just say “nursing homes” (handled terribly in my opinion) to rubbish the entire body of work done by NPHET to date.

It’s all sh*t, but it’s just life right now unfortunately. The best we can hope for is a smooth exit with vaccines and hopefully we’ve got a stronger sense of resilience when we get out the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

A hoax to what end? This is what confuses me. What do the gubberment have to gain by placing restrictions on the public? I’ve yet to hear any convincing reason to impose the restrictions outside of to suppress the spread and impact of a virus.

The ‘it’s only as bad as influenza’ argument was outdated months ago. It’s not a flu, the reactions made by governments the world over make that obvious. Heck it was obvious watching Chinas response back in feb. Statistically the virus is non threatening to a large age group, statistically. What I mean is, just because one might get Covid and show no symptoms or brush it off doesn’t mean the chance of severe or fatal complications is null, or that spreading it to others won’t result in others dead, not sniffling with lemsips and taking a few days off work, dead, g’luck, slater.

Ignoring that and just focusing on the very real (especially with our health system) potential clusterfurk that could result from hospitals reaching capacity and the resulting nightmare that would entail. When was the last time anyone ever heard of hospitals having to administer oxygen in car parks, or ventilator numbers not meeting demand and resulting in excess deaths. It’s strange times. But all this has all been repeated ad naseum.

I think attitudes change drastically when you know someone that suffered from Covid and died from it. As sad as that is.

Personally I like to think that my inability to visit family, travel or socialize doesn’t make my life so miserable or controlled to not be valuable and enjoyable. The virus being global, with every country will have economic repercussions gives me some peace of mind.

Do I believe the virus is non-deadly to my age group? Statistically yes, I’m golden, no underlying conditions and not in any risk group. Does this make me resent the lockdowns and restrictions? No. I can put my needs aside in the hope that someone else doesn’t suffer.

WHAT I AM TERRIFIED off is the fact that when faced with a global pandemic, a very real novel virus. Something not easily diluted down to an us vs them with a villain/group to loathe and a hero to rally behind. Where the greatest offence and defense is to limit interactions and stay at home. A huge amount to the public just can’t accept changes or at worst put their life on hold temporarily. It took mere weeks before we had people marching and protesting, cries of a mental health catastrophe, government conspiracy and draconian life altering measures. I had a colleague who’s greatest concerns (I **** you not) was not being able to travel abroad on his second sun holiday this year, deferring plans on buying a new Audi and that wearing a mask made his nose sweat. Meanwhile I was reading about India’s first lockdown and trying to gain perspective.

The reason I’m terrified is now we know the reaction and ability a large chunk of people will have if there is a novel virus THAT IS life threatening. Let’s say a new virus with a ... we’ll say 40% death rate. I wish I could say people would react differently, but honestly. I don’t think they would. That’s scary. It’s terrifying to know that people can’t even write off a year in order to save someone multiple. The fact that everything I’ve spewed here will do nothing to change the opinions of someone who feels strongly against the restrictions and actions taken is also not lost on me.

Not aimed directly at the OP just an early morning coffee rant. Apologies for what is probably an over long and grammer landfill post.

EDIT: chopped out the personal waffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

mandrake04 wrote: »
    That’s not matching it’s a difference no matter what way you dress it up, like in my other post was in reply that some days you can get 800 cases from 400 swabs.

Rubbish in rubbish out.

Then you have people foaming at the mouth about back logs.

NEPHET don’t give a damn about positive swabs, it’s cases that matter. No one cares about silly little graphs based on rubbish

The only one foaming at the mouth is you. You don't seem to understand that you can't have cases without swabing people. That how the process works.

Here's one for you, it might help you get up to speed. How is the positivity rate, that NPHET do give a damn about, calculated? Is it through cases or positive swabs?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

In that case, would you prefer nobody speaks? We both agree that the government aren't up to it. Personally, I think, in the main, NPHET's advice is fundamentally sound - I tend to think they're more on top of their brief than anyone in government

No I think they need to have one person speaking for both NPHET and the government. Doesnt matter who that is as long as they are coherent.
    Im not sure if I agree that NPHETs advice is sound. Theres too much flip flopping in teh way covid is being dealt with. Level 3, Level 3.588882 more like.
    Living with covid? Thats gone. Travel green list being updated every week? Thats gone. Defined levels of restrictions? Thats gone.

Now to prove a point Im not sure whether it was NPHET or the government that got rid of all the above.

Well, that's your opinion. I've been listening to Tony et al on this since March and while I acknowledge he's not to everyone's liking, I think he's performed more than adequately during this crisis. And not just him, I think Ronan Glynn proved himself to be a very able deputy

At the start of this Tony I agree with you that he performed well. However I get this feeling that they are a bit lost with not knowing what to do next and thats affecting his judgement and has changed his manner to one thats more confrontational.

I'll confess that I don't have expert knowledge on Cervical check scandal. I'm aware of it, I've read about it, but I don't have expert knowledge about what every party did or didn't do in relation to it. Any information that you have that might allow me to come to an informed opinion on the matter would be appreciated.

Perhaps there are many legitimate causes for complaint in regards to the CMO's previous conduct, perhaps there aren't - I'm speaking from a place of relative ignorance here.

But I can only judge Tony Holohan on what I have seen of him since NPHET was established and this unprecedented crisis began and can only judge him on this. You say that previous conduct, that may or may not have been questionable, automatically invalidates any further public health decisions? Not necessarily, in my view - it doesn't automatically preclude him from being right in how we approach the unique challenge that the pandemic poses.

Again its just my opinion. But if someone messed up so bad in a previous role related to a public health crisis then surely he should not be put in charge of ANOTHER health crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I found NPHET comments yesterday offensive. Perhaps if they communicated more effectively with the public adherence would be better. Comments are disingenuous and no data on how and why infection protocols repeatedly fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Danonino. wrote: »
    A hoax to what end? This is what confuses me. What do the gubberment have to gain by placing restrictions on the public? I’ve yet to hear any convincing reason to impose the restrictions outside of to suppress the spread and impact of a virus.

The ‘it’s only as bad as influenza’ argument was outdated months ago. It’s not a flu, the reactions made by governments the world over make that obvious. Heck it was obvious watching Chinas response back in feb. Statistically the virus is non threatening to a large age group, statistically. What I mean is, just because one might get Covid and show no symptoms or brush it off doesn’t mean the chance of severe or fatal complications is null, or that spreading it to others won’t result in others dead, not sniffling with lemsips and taking a few days off work, dead, g’luck, slater.

Ignoring that and just focusing on the very real (especially with our health system) potential clusterfurk that could result from hospitals reaching capacity and the resulting nightmare that would entail. When was the last time anyone ever heard of hospitals having to administer oxygen in car parks, or ventilator numbers not meeting demand and resulting in excess deaths. It’s strange times. But all this has all been repeated ad naseum.

I think attitudes change drastically when you know someone that suffered from Covid and died from it. As sad as that is.

Personally I like to think that my inability to visit family, travel or socialize doesn’t make my life so miserable or controlled to not be valuable and enjoyable. The virus being global, with every country will have economic repercussions gives me some peace of mind.

Do I believe the virus is non-deadly to my age group? Statistically yes, I’m golden, no underlying conditions and not in any risk group. Does this make me resent the lockdowns and restrictions? No. I can put my needs aside in the hope that someone else doesn’t suffer.

WHAT I AM TERRIFIED off is the fact that when faced with a global pandemic, a very real novel virus. Something not easily diluted down to an us vs them with a villain/group to loathe and a hero to rally behind. Where the greatest offence and defense is to limit interactions and stay at home. A huge amount to the public just can’t accept changes or at worst put their life on hold temporarily. It took mere weeks before we had people marching and protesting, cries of a mental health catastrophe, government conspiracy and draconian life altering measures. I had a colleague who’s greatest concerns (I **** you not) was not being able to travel abroad on his second sun holiday this year, deferring plans on buying a new Audi and that wearing a mask made his nose sweat. Meanwhile I was reading about India’s first lockdown and trying to gain perspective.

The reason I’m terrified is now we know the reaction and ability a large chunk of people will have if there is a novel virus THAT IS life threatening. Let’s say a new virus with a ... we’ll say 40% death rate. I wish I could say people would react differently, but honestly. I don’t think they would. That’s scary. It’s terrifying to know that people can’t even write off a year in order to save someone multiple. The fact that everything I’ve spewed here will do nothing to change the opinions of someone who feels strongly against the restrictions and actions taken is also not lost on me.

Not aimed directly at the OP just an early morning coffee rant. Apologies for what is probably an over long and grammer landfill post.

EDIT: chopped out the personal waffle

Most people are not stupid. If there really was a virus that did have a 40% death rate then behaviour would adjust. Yes there was complacency during the summer but that was across the board - sure the HSE were closing testing centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

Independent reports here (paywall):

- Phase 5 will not be extended beyond 1 December.
    - Different "grades of Phase 3" will occur depending on cases.
    - Travel restrictions will be lifted around Christmas week.
    - Just 1 main gathering allowed for Christmas.
    - No decision yet on wet pubs, and indoor/outdoor dining.

Hence, seems that we are going to Phase 3 on 1 December but just with the low hanging fruit of Phase 3 included. Gyms and non-essential retail allowed open on 1 December would be my guess with dining only included if case numbers decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Danonino. wrote: »
    So Tony gets to be on the telly, I think, is the current reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Hubertj wrote: »
    I found NPHET comments yesterday offensive. Perhaps if they communicated more effectively with the public adherence would be better. Comments are disingenuous and no data on how and why infection protocols repeatedly fail.

Based on the twitter clid I saw, I'd agree.

There were people on here over the past few days who made the exact same logical conclusions based on traffic patterns that TH and HPHET came to that had to be pointed towards a few key things that are different since last March/April/May.

That said, there are definely a number of employers and employees who are not WFH despite having the ability to do so, but it is nowhere near the numbers being inferred.

What is becoming an issue/is an issue and probably has been an issue is the amount of healthcare workers who have and are contracting the disease. These numbers are essentially high risk staff (obviously) but adding them to the overall numbers is skewing things very badly against the actions most people are taking to reduce the spread of the virus. (I am not suggesting they aren't added to the numbers but some acknowledment needs to be made of this when calculating the general populaces adherence and even the spread of the disease in the community.
    I'd like to see some action in this area in general, I don't really know what.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AltGrp0

Most people are not stupid. If there really was a virus that did have a 40% death rate then behaviour would adjust. Yes there was complacency during the summer but that was across the board - sure the HSE were closing testing centres.

Indeed, sure didn't Michael Ryan of the WHO announce on the 5th October that 10% of the world have already had covid19, by their own data. That makes the infection fatality rate around the same as the flu, roughly 0.15% There was a spike in deaths in March /April ( when we were all in "lockdown" !) mostly due to flawed policies in nursing homes; but there is no excess mortality for the year all told. We need to stop with all the hysteria now and get on with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭8k71ps

I don't think the government are even aware of what the plan is for Christmas for definite at this point so I wouldn't bank on it. Certainly with the growing rate of infection something is going to have to give, be it the closing of retail or a massive explosion of cases leading to an even longer lockdown from Jan onwards (the vaccines won't be a magic bullet for a long while).

Meanwhile this government still does not have a proper testing and tracing system setup alongside proper enforcement of the rules which can prevent the superspreaders from throwing us into lockdown every 3 months or so, instead preferring to sit on their arses in fear of losing popularity rather than serving our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

8k71ps wrote: »
    I don't think the government are even aware of what the plan is for Christmas for definite at this point so I wouldn't bank on it. Certainly with the growing rate of infection something is going to have to give, be it the closing of retail or a massive explosion of cases leading to an even longer lockdown from Jan onwards (the vaccines won't be a magic bullet for a long while).

Meanwhile this government still does not have a proper testing and tracing system setup alongside proper enforcement of the rules which can prevent the superspreaders from throwing us into lockdown every 3 months or so, instead preferring to sit on their arses in fear of losing popularity rather than serving our country.

Where are you getting the growing rate of infection?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Things that are not like a police state.

Being given repeated chances without truncheons being drawn.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/garda%C3%AD-give-last-warning-to-parish-priest-over-open-door-mass-1.4414096?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

And then people will say "Don't worry, the cases are just in the health system, there's no real community transmission problem", just like there were people saying "Don't worry, it's just the meat factories, there's feck all community transmission, there's never going to be a second wave - stop fearmongering".

100% agreed health system issues need to be addressed, but it would be nice if we could avoid suggesting it's a completely separate probem, which would contribute to overall complacency and head-in-the-sandedness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Things that are not like a police state.

Being given repeated chances without truncheons being drawn.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/garda%C3%AD-give-last-warning-to-parish-priest-over-open-door-mass-1.4414096?mode=amp

I wonder if he has a collection box out!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement