Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Same as above, I don't mean to diminish what words can do, but we're putting too much emphasis on it. Instead of teaching people how to deal with it, we're reinforcing that bad words are worse, which will make certain people not be able to cope. I got both physical and mental beatings, and I disagree with most people and say the physical beatings were far worse.

Yes, we should be calling out verbal bullying, but we should be helping to understand that at the end of the day, they're just words and we need to learn to deal with it, because it will never go away.

Just my 2 cents.

Gatling wrote: »
    Are they all female or self identified females

Rugby women.. could be a bit of a grey area..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Same as above, I don't mean to diminish what words can do, but we're putting too much emphasis on it. Instead of teaching people how to deal with it, we're reinforcing that bad words are worse, which will make certain people not be able to cope. I got both physical and mental beatings, and I disagree with most people and say the physical beatings were far worse.
    Oh I hear what you're saying P and dead right physical abuse hurts and can cause long term damage mental and physical, but we're a social animal at our core and being excluded from that can also have serious long term damage. There might be a gender element to it too. I remember reading years ago about I think it was Chinese secret police types and they found that while solitary confinement screwed with men's heads, on average it took a lot longer than when it was applied to women.

Growing up I realise now I was bloody lucky that my year in school had bugger all of a bullying problem. Some hijinks but certainly nothing sustained. Hand on heart I couldn't think of one who I could point to and go "bully". Some of the tales women mates have told me of their experiences in girl's schools shocked me with the level of social exclusion and nastiness and how sustained it could be, sometimes for years. An ex of mine was hounded by two groups of girls for years. She was in a mixed school and got some support from the boys, but at times even they were twisted around. It certainly affected her in adulthood.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Gary Gammon is today's winner of the Woke Award for services to Virtue Signalling.

https://twitter.com/GaryGannonTD/status/1329371075101274113?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Biker79 wrote: »
    Or are they being protective of their interests? I'm sure their retirement plans are heavily reliant on the royalties from ' fairytale of new york '.

In entertainment circles, it makes sound business sense to bow to the woke brigade these days. F**king awful state of affairs.

Except they recorded the version with the changed lyrics in 1992 apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

keano_afc wrote: »
    Gary Gammon is today's winner of the Woke Award for services to Virtue Signalling.

Gary Gannon is a gimp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Gary Gannon is a gimp.

And the international Mans Day award for insightful comment of the day goes to.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

What, apart from using the word 'woke' a lot, have any of you actually done to mark International Men's Day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

.anon. wrote: »
    What, apart from using the word 'woke' a lot, have any of you actually done to mark International Men's Day?

I screamed " Phuck Misandry and all Misandrists" whilst running bollock naked through town earlier.

Everyone just shook their heads and laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

keano_afc wrote: »

This twatter correspondent says it best about the post *2015 Gary:
    "don't trust a man....who virtues signals this hard....very sus"

*Suspected time of his indoctrination to stupidworld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

aYy5vQm_460swp.webp

Yes, we should be calling out verbal bullying, but we should be helping to understand that at the end of the day, they're just words and we need to learn to deal with it, because it will never go away.

Just my 2 cents.

IMHO male slagging doesn't tend to cut the skin. It's relatively easy to shrug off the insults, comments, etc that most guys, even those in a group, will come up with. Women, are far better at making offhand comments, remarks, judgments etc which are far more painful to be on the receiving end of.

It's not particular words, per se. It's the way some people talk, and I don't see how limiting vocabulary is going to change anything, when the social aspect remains the same.. and I see very little pressure on women to speak nicer to others, unless, it's other women they're addressing.

Nah. I find the censoring/controlled speech to be very one sided, and superficial. More about scoring points for whatever minority or offended group. We live in the era of meting out punishment...

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I screamed " Phuck Misandry and all Misandrists" whilst running bollock naked through town earlier.

Was that you, yeah?..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

.anon. wrote: »

I made a donation to Movember in my late Dad’s name and thanked the important men in my life and told those I I love how much they mean to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Except they recorded the version with the changed lyrics in 1992 apparently

Fairly certain the original version received the most airplay, until recently.

Another version may have been recorded for ' certain situations ' but didn't replace the original versions airplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,920 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

UKIP are running a candidate for London Mayor next year and his actual birth surname is Gammon.

Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Larbre34 wrote: »
    UKIP are running a candidate for London Mayor next year and his actual birth surname is Gammon.

Carry on.

That can't beat one of their many leaders - Dick Braine.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

In entertainment circles, it makes sound business sense to bow to the woke brigade these days. F**king awful state of affairs.

Haha :D
    Well, instead of you trying to tell us how the punk band The Pogues are bowing and conforming to "woke-ism", lets see what they say their reason is.

https://twitter.com/poguesofficial/status/1329389698146594817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1329389698146594817%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nme.com%2Fnews%2Fmusic%2Fthe-pogues-slam-laurence-fox-as-herrenvolk-****e-after-fairytale-of-new-york-backlash-2820672

Haha :D
    Well, instead of you trying to tell us how the punk band The Pogues are bowing and conforming to "woke-ism", lets see what they say their reason is.

Anyone who uses the word ' deeply ' should be immediately ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Check out that ratio!!

• Advertisement

Been in Bridie’s Bar in The George singing that many a Christmas and my first one I asked someone “are we ok to sing that word?”.

Lad burst out laughing and went “oh babes yeah **** anyone who says no!!”

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

He has pronouns in his bio, he's a mentally ill moron

Check out that ratio!!

They are aware that many of them are being racist there yeah ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,340 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Deeply dippy

Deeply dippy

Everyone except Right Said Fred!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭Cordell

Gervais08 wrote: »
    They are aware that many of them are being racist there yeah ???

I lasted until "having fun is a function of white supremacy" :)
    I also had to hide the video at the second fat black lady.

Right Said Fred came from the pre-woke era...so they get a pass. :pac:

Cordell wrote: »

I wanted to shout “we can claim speaking properly for one!!” at herself who said “they love they pets”.

Word is “their” k ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

46 Long wrote: »
    EnHYe41VkAwxwsr?format=jpg&name=900x900

Da fuk ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Cordell wrote: »
    To be fair the planet Jupiter hid behind her.

They definitely selected for the most Right On African Americans they could. The vast majority of Black 'Mercans would be looking at that with the same WTF going on as most of us have.

Plus logically if "White people" do XYZ and apparently end up on top* by doing so, maybe copying them would be a good idea?..

*The same 'Mercan Facebook philosophers should cast their eye over the Appalachians, an area that has among the poorest people in America and it's pretty much all "White people".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement