Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

ingalway wrote: »
    The Principal of Edinburgh University called the Police because "offensive" stickers were found on campus that said “Female is a biological reality” and “Woman. Noun. Adult human female”. The stickers are offensive to trans people apparently.

Biological facts and grammer are offensive and the Police need to be called.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/principal-backs-transgender-students-over-hurtful-stickers-9jpztg2tz

I assume the good folk at Edinburgh’s medicine programme will be having a word ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Barman no longer to be used - its barpeople

Bar people is very 2019.

The 2020 woke term is PUP recipients!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The Principal of Edinburgh University called the Police because "offensive" stickers were found on campus that said “Female is a biological reality” and “Woman. Noun. Adult human female”. The stickers are offensive to trans people apparently.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/principal-backs-transgender-students-over-hurtful-stickers-9jpztg2tz

Should be done for wasting police time.

Do we know if the police actually came out to investigate, or did they tell him to catch himself on?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NIMAN wrote: »
    Should be done for wasting police time.

Do we know if the police actually came out to investigate, or did they tell him to catch himself on?

Did you just assume their gender?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Deans of colleges are really coming across like a bunch of brainless fúckwits lately.

• Advertisement

Deans of colleges are really coming across like a bunch of brainless fúckwits lately.

I’ve a vision of Burke and Hare going “we’ve an order for trans bodies here from Edinburgh, wtf are they like ??”

Ffs watching 9-1-1 Lone Star and a gender reveal party goes wrong.

Fireman goes “no point to these parties, you don’t get the gender from an ultrasound the kid tells you”.

**** right off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Heres the issue with this. Activists want everyone to acknowledge and respect the rights of LGBTAlphabet, but refuse to acknowledge and respect the right of a person to just not care. I have no issues with anyone wanting to identify with whatever they want, doesn't really bother me as it has no impact on my life whatsoever.

However, by me simply saying I don't care, I've no interest, I'm being labelled by these activists as some kind of phobia. Which completely goes against what they want me to do, acknowledge and respect peoples rights.

Do what we want you to do and nothing else. Sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Woke is thriving on the aggressiveness of the activists and the cowardice of the general public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

EnHYe41VkAwxwsr?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Advertisement

You you think?

Seems legit!

46 Long wrote: »
    EnHYe41VkAwxwsr?format=jpg&name=900x900

No wonder the L, G and B are heartily sick of being lumped in with this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

46 Long wrote: »

https://www.google.com/search?q=barbie+kardashian&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=7apbfXWbPav_5M%252CT2a1RrejFORYZM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kS_OnXsmQKXtOPU1zbX6d1b21opgg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiGwtDImI7tAhVDr3EKHRxWCOQQ9QF6BAgKEAQ&biw=1280&bih=887#imgrc=7apbfXWbPav_5M

Barbie Kardashian - Irish "woman" has repeatedly expressed a desire to rape and kill, has a history of extreme violence. But if you walk into the toilet and "she" is standing there with her mickey in "her" hand. Don't stress it, calm the fúck down transphobe "she" knows best!

So today is International Men’s day...what have the Irish Times gone with to mark the day? Something about mental health issues? Prostate cancer awareness?

Nah. Nothing.

A sole article saying it’s bad because it diminishes women’s struggle

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/does-international-men-s-day-diminish-women-s-struggle-for-equality-1.4412914?mode=amp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

So today is International Men’s day...what have the Irish Times gone with to mark the day? Something about mental health issues? Prostate cancer awareness?

Nah. Nothing.

A sole article saying it’s bad because it diminishes women’s struggle

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/does-international-men-s-day-diminish-women-s-struggle-for-equality-1.4412914?mode=amp
    Identity politics has become a look for attention game and groups don't like another stealing theirs. This goes triple when the "oppressor" group - as defined by whichever oppressor/oppressed narrative is in play - gets it. And of course in the oppressor/oppressed narrative men are just about top of the oppressor tree. If you're a White, Straight, middle class man you get number one on top of the hit parade. It's always your fault. :D

And of course she rattles off the usual credo of paygaps, "discriminatory social norms"(spot the US campus speak) lack of social support for women etc. So mostly nonsense, more complex than stated, or utter bollocks. Today in Ireland a woman of say 20 can look forward to living longer than a man, being less likely to be homeless, an addict, dying on the job, being physically assaulted, having better wages up to the point where she starts a family, having more access to social support and more social support in general, being better educated, less likely to die by suicide and a few other metrics. About the only metric where the same woman is at far more risk than a man is sexual assault. Yep, clearly the average man has it so much better.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

While I agree with his sentiment that it’s annoying having people saying “where’s international men’s day?” on 8th of March....can you blame them for not knowing?

IT have one single article about it and it’s criticism of it (compare to IWD where it’s wall to wall coverage)
    The journal have nothing up about it...

It’s just obviously not something that journalists deem worthy of discussion. Which is fine, they’re free to write about whatever they like - but this total dearth of coverage is exactly why they’ll get “what about international men’s day” on 8th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

While I agree with his sentiment that it’s annoying having people saying “where’s international men’s day?” on 8th of March....can you blame them for not knowing?

If I’m not getting a day off for it I don’t really care too much about it.

If the women start getting one for their day then I’ll be forced to join in the loser “MRAs” march for equality. Certainly won’t be going for a pint with any of them after though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭Cordell

That's last year's woke signaling.
    I'm surprised they still play ANY Christmas songs, they aren't inclusive and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

silverharp wrote: »
    a busy day today

adVw2n2_460swp.webp
    mjhgvc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Heres the issue with this. Activists want everyone to acknowledge and respect the rights of LGBTAlphabet, but refuse to acknowledge and respect the right of a person to just not care. I have no issues with anyone wanting to identify with whatever they want, doesn't really bother me as it has no impact on my life whatsoever.

However, by me simply saying I don't care, I've no interest, I'm being labelled by these activists as some kind of phobia. Which completely goes against what they want me to do, acknowledge and respect peoples rights.

Do what we want you to do and nothing else. Sounds familiar.

"We just want to live our lives in peace....

....by demanding you legitimise and champion our personal decisions regarding our identity".

keano_afc wrote: »
    "We just want to live our lives in peace....

....by demanding you legitimise and champion our personal decisions regarding our identity".

I have noticed a lot more ads are including same sex couples in recent times, which is grand and good. Just wondering how long it takes until the “hey that’s not enough” shouts start. We need more.

And speaking of ads, this might be taken in bad taste or deemed unpopular but it seems to me that people of colour are almost getting shoehorned into them recently.

silverharp wrote: »
    a busy day today

Isn't that that prick with the hairs fault off RTE?..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can't wait for the wokest article this Christmas.

2018 it must have been this
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/men-should-give-wives-permission-infidelity-christmas/

n574aj270pv31.png

Rosa Silverman who wrote the article is actually married, yikes.

She has also written the article "The day my husband was caught on The Apprentice with another woman"..
    As the show is filmed months in advance, it's understandable how her husband didn't initially remember.
    But finally, he did, and confirmed that he was having a coffee with a mutual friend of theirs.

Great wife altogether...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

biko wrote: »
    Can't wait for the wokest article this Christmas.

2018 it must have been this
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/men-should-give-wives-permission-infidelity-christmas/

Behind a paywall.....would be interested in reading that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement